Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

AndrewMackay
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jun 2011, 4:08 am

I'm probably THE biggest Doctor Who fan out there, so I decided to create a thread for all of those who share my interest. Who's your favourite Doctor? 1 to 11? Who was your favourite companion? What do you make of series 6? or 2, as it's known? Which was your favourite episode? Everyone's comments are welcome! Post away! =]

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 5:03 am

AndrewMackay wrote:
Who's your favourite Doctor?

The seventh, as played by Sylvester McCoy, followed by the tenth, fourth, and second.

AndrewMackay wrote:
Who was your favourite companion?

Um, tough, but I'll go with Romana II, followed by Ace and Sarah.

AndrewMackay wrote:
What do you make of series 6? or 2, as it's known?

Vast improvement on last year, so far.

AndrewMackay wrote:
Which was your favourite episode?

Of this season? The Doctor's Wife. However, if we're talking an all-time favourite story from any time in the show, it's a toss-up between The Talons of Weng-Chiang and The Curse of Fenric.

On sabbatical...

AndrewMackay
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jun 2011, 7:09 am

Quote:
The seventh, as played by Sylvester McCoy, followed by the tenth, fourth, and second.

Cool! I liked him, too. His umbrella was really cool. =] He's Scottish, too. Just like me! :D I like him alot. I thought it was really cool that he appeared in the start of the Doctor Who movie. =]

Quote:
Um, tough, but I'll go with Romana II, followed by Ace and Sarah.

I liked Sarah, and Tegan too. But out of those three my favourite was probably Adric. =] I liked him tonnes. =]

Quote:
Vast improvement on last year, so far.

Yeah, I think so too! It's a great series, I can't wait to see the rest of it

[/quote]

Of this season? The Doctor's Wife. However, if we're talking an all-time favourite story from any time in the show, it's a toss-up between The Talons of Weng-Chiang and The Curse of Fenric.[quote]

I LOVED The Doctor's Wife! Idris was very cool. =] The TARDIS they built was also cool. It's ashame, 'cause I've never seen The Talons Of Weng-Chiang, but I know it's a Tom Baker, and I like Tom Baker alot. =] Not seen The Curse Of Fenric either. I'll have to look them up. =]

Thank you for replying! :D P.S I'm not sure how to do the 'Quatermass' wrote thing.

Any chance you could tell me?

Thanks. Andrew.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 7:38 am

Here:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp648191.html#648191

On sabbatical...

AndrewMackay
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jun 2011, 7:59 am

Thank you! :)

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

24 Jun 2011, 3:50 pm

I was an early Who addict. Missed a lot of the new stuff (9-10), but catching up. #4 was 'my' Doctor, although I also have soft spots for #8 (wish he'd gotten more TV time) and #11. I'm very much liking what I see of the last couple of series...awaiting 'Let's Kill Hitler' with bated breath.

Romana (the second Romana, i.e. Lalla Ward) and Sarah Jane tie for fave companion in the old Who. Although, River Song kicks very serious butt.

Fave episode of all time has to be City of Death. I remember Scaroth scaring the willies out of me as a kid.

AndrewMackay
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jun 2011, 4:00 pm

ThatRedHairedGrrl wrote:
Although, River Song kicks very serious butt.
I love River. She's the best. Matt Smith is a very awesome Doctor. :) Sarah Jane was a very awesome companion. It's a shame Elisabeth Sladen passed away. =/ I think most people who watched Tom Baker see him as their favourite Doctor, because it's hard not to! :P You should definately watch some 9/10 stuff, it's great! I loved Paul McGann also, I have the DVD of his movie. Was very good. I'm the same about waiting for 'Let's Kill Hitler'. I love Doctor Who with a passion. :p Also, I've not seen City Of Death but I'll check out the DVD. :)

Thanks for your input!

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 9:04 pm

Doctor Who is one of my biggest special interests right now! :D So happy someone decided to make a topic about it!

My most favorite Doctor is 10, played by David Tennant. I also like 4 (he was my first Doctor), 5 and 11.

It's difficult to pick a favorite companion. I really like Martha, Romana II and Amy.

I haven't gotten to watch series 6 yet (I'm far behind most other Who fans), but I accidentally spoiled myself on the big twist that happened in the most recent episode, so... yeah. :|

My favorite episodes are The Girl in the Fireplace, Doomsday, and Vincent and the Doctor (I skipped ahead to watch this one because I love art). I haven't watched them yet, but judging from what I've read, I think Human Nature and Family of Blood will probably become my favorites as well.

AndrewMackay
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jun 2011, 6:56 am

IdahoRose wrote:
Doctor Who is one of my biggest special interests right now! :D So happy someone decided to make a topic about it!

I'm so happy so many people have replied to my topic! :P Haha.

IdahoRose wrote:
My most favorite Doctor is 10, played by David Tennant. I also like 4 (he was my first Doctor), 5 and 11.

It's difficult to pick a favorite companion. I really like Martha, Romana II and Amy.

David Tennant was a REALLY good Doctor. I loved him. but I think everyone who watched him did. :P And 4, 5 and 11 are probably in my top 5 list too. 4, 5, 9, 10 and 11. :P Martha was really nice, she kicked alot of butt and I loved her as a companion too. Mainly because she was the companion for the return of one of my favourite Doctor Who villains ever, The Master. :) I've not watched any Romana II episods, to be honest. But I like Amy, too. :) She's very, ehm....She keeps the Doctor right just as much as he does her? Y'know?

IdahoRose wrote:
I haven't gotten to watch series 6 yet (I'm far behind most other Who fans), but I accidentally spoiled myself on the big twist that happened in the most recent episode, so... yeah. :|

Series 6 is a really good series. It's just brilliant Doctor Who. There's so many questions still to be answered! And if you live in the UK, you can catch up on www.bbc.co.uk/iPlayer Also, that's ashame about the twist, because it was a really good one. I'm really enjoying Series 6! :)

IdahoRose wrote:
My favorite episodes are The Girl in the Fireplace, Doomsday, and Vincent and the Doctor (I skipped ahead to watch this one because I love art). I haven't watched them yet, but judging from what I've read, I think Human Nature and Family of Blood will probably become my favorites as well.

The Girl In The Fireplace is a fantastic episode. It's really well written. I love everything about that episode! Doomsday. If Daleks AND Cybermen aren't what you're looking for in Doctor Who, well....What ARE you looking for? For me, Vincent And The Doctor is an episode I can only watch occasionaly, because it's just so sad! I love Van Gogh, he's my favourite painter. Of all time, I've visited his museum a few times. Human Nature and The Family Of Blood are my Mum's favourite episodes. And why not? They're awesome. I've wanted a Pocket Watch ever since seeing those episodes. Because they are so fantastic! And The Doctor isn't the one to save the day in the episodes, either. So, that's what adds to it's brilliance!

I'd also urge you to watch the episodes in order, because there's normally a recurring plotline throughout the series'. And you can't really just dive in and watch one episode without seeing the rest.

But fantastic choices!

Thank you for your input. :)

Spiff
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jun 2011, 2:23 am

Dropping in to say I love Doctor Who, I started with Tennant, and have watched every episode from Chris Eccleston - Matt Smith, up to the current episode.

I watched some of the first doctor online but then found that not all of the episodes are online intact, so I stopped since I'd rather view them straight through from the beginning.

I really do want to see all of the old doctors in action. 8O

AndrewMackay
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jun 2011, 6:58 am

Spiff wrote:
Dropping in to say I love Doctor Who, I started with Tennant, and have watched every episode from Chris Eccleston - Matt Smith, up to the current episode.

I watched some of the first doctor online but then found that not all of the episodes are online intact, so I stopped since I'd rather view them straight through from the beginning.

I really do want to see all of the old doctors in action. 8O

Yeah, the new series is really good. It had the same affect on me, wanting to watch the old Doctor's. :P

William Hartnell was cool! Funny, too. :)

Thanks for your input! :)