Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

4thdoctor
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Jul 2011, 7:03 am

of all the trek shows and movies voyager was my favorite it took the old trek ideas and did something totally new with it (bar the bits it nicked from doctor who ;) ) we got a new alien almost every week that was great to see from a show that got stuck with the same old things season after season also the female captain this is a good role model for young girls the show did seem like a bit of a boys own adventure up untill this point all in all the show was alost spot on :)

rocklobster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jul 2011, 7:37 am

I agree. Janeway is my 2nd favorite captain. 1st is Picard, and 3rd is Kirk. I loved how motherly she was to her crew and how it almost seemed like a real family.

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 7:38 am

I personally felt it may have been the most underrated shows of the ST series. Personally, I love TNG with TOS not too far behind it, I never could get into DS9 and I don't think I need to mention Enterprise. With Voyager, I thought things felt both familiar and fresh. Sure the lost in space/fish out of water gimmicks have been done hundreds of times with more misses than hits and I'll admit that not even Voyager was able to constantly hit the right marks, but I found the show enjoyable whenever they did hit the right marks.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 9:12 am

My least favorite of the series. Too many unlikable characters including Janeway, Chakotay, Torres, Neelix...

The only character with any depth was Seven of Nine and the Doctor.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 9:56 am

I'd say it was my favourite. Although it's a tossup between Voyager and TNG.

I love the humour in TNG, and the relationships between characters like Data, Worf and Picard.

But I loved Voyager. Granted the characters weren't as engaging as those in TNG. But it was more like a family. I feel like I know the characters better and even the less likeable ones like Paris are important as being part of that family. I like the relationship between Neelix and Tuvok. The journeys of Seven of Nine and of the Doctor. Watching Naomi Wildman grow up. And Icheb. And Janeway is an interesting character. Not always likeable, but a strong feminine role.

I still watch an episode of Voyager every day.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 11:57 am

Janeway was like a motherly margaret thatcher :P

I liked DS9 a bit more because it really strayed from the 'moral decisions win the day' that is so prevalent on the other ST series. Sisko cheated, stole and murdered to get things done. He even rabbit punched Q 8)

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 11:44 pm

Dantac wrote:

I liked DS9 a bit more because it really strayed from the 'moral decisions win the day' that is so prevalent on the other ST series. Sisko cheated, stole and murdered to get things done. He even rabbit punched Q 8)

W O R D ! Sisko is da' man!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-YyL7X4CWw[/youtube]

I loved the moral ambiguity of DS9. It will always be my favorite flavor of Star Trek...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 1:21 am

DS9 is without a doubt my favorite Star Trek program, especially after Worf joined the crew, though I have to tell you - I genuinely disliked Voyager. While there were enjoyable characters in DS9, I really didn't like anyone on Voyager, and I really hated Janeway. I'm not sure exactly why, except she just rubbed me the wrong way.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

zeldafan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 9:29 am

3 cheers 4 picard and his crew!! !! !! ! although voyager is good 2. i really like the Borg. :hail: star trek!

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 2:14 pm

Janeway rules!! !! ! :D

munch15a
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jun 2012, 1:21 am

The problem it suffered from is it a lot of the standard trek plot devises became worn out and because of when voyager was that’s where it become worn out on like I never want to see a stuck on the holo deck episode ever again.

however overall i love the show

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2012, 12:33 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx5mAd8wiNU&feature=related[/youtube]
Janeway FTW!

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2012, 12:39 pm

While TOS and TNG are constantly in a fight for the #1 and #2 spots, Voyager and DS9 are usually the ones to duke it out for the bronze medal. (I think that almost everyone can agree on Enterprise being ranked #5) Personally, I preferred Voyager. Although I've seen more of their episodes than DS9, the whole "lost in space" gimmick always makes for some interesting possibilities. And at times when the show was floundering, the writers weren't afraid to change directions. As for DS9, I did love the Tribbles episode and wasn't too lost given my lack of familiarity with the characters, but I just thought it was more the fact that it was a well-written episode. As far as the rest of the series goes, the whole concept of a story centering around one central spot in space didn't draw me in as much. It just seemed like if a Star Wars movie centered around the Mos Eisley Cantina. Sure it would be interesting at first, but it would just wear on you after awhile. I just always envisioned ST as an exploration adventure type story, and Voyager just did a better job in meeting that vision.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2012, 2:05 pm

I think Voyager was the second-weakest Star Trek show ("lackluster" is a good word to describe it - even Stargate: Atlantis did the "lost in space" trope better), but the Borg episodes were awesome (with the exception of the cheesy "Unimatrix Zero"). Seven of Nine impressed me as much as Spock used to when I was a kid, and (as my nick shows) I liked all the Icheb episodes, especially "Q2".

I always hoped they would make a DS9/Voyager crossover movie with the Borg attacking the Dominion - I can see the poster in my head, Odo flanked by Kira, Janeway and Seven of Nine, all wielding huge phaser rifles, with a Borg cube exploding in the background...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2012, 2:13 pm

Icheb wrote:
I think Voyager was the second-weakest Star Trek show ("lackluster" is a good word to describe it - even Stargate: Atlantis did the "lost in space" trope better), but the Borg episodes were awesome (with the exception of the cheesy "Unimatrix Zero"). Seven of Nine impressed me as much as Spock used to when I was a kid, and (as my nick shows) I liked all the Icheb episodes, especially "Q2".

I always hoped they would make a DS9/Voyager crossover movie with the Borg attacking the Dominion - I can see the poster in my head, Odo flanked by Kira, Janeway and Seven of Nine, all wielding huge phaser rifles, with a Borg cube exploding in the background...

That sounds f*****g awesome! (Does anyone else still say awesome, beside me?)

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2012, 5:59 pm

I couldn't really bring myself to watch it much, even after DS9 and TNG were off the air and it was the only member of the franchise still being broadcast. It just felt like they tried way too hard to be politically correct when coming up with the characters - female captain, native American first officer, African American vulcan, etc. There were some good bits to it (who could argue with Seven of Nine?) but for the most part just could never get into it.