Page 4 of 16 [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 11:35 am

I've started watching some Bugs Bunny shorts on my Looney Tunes DVD and after watching the episode "What's Oprah Doc?" I kind of felt sorry for Elmer Fudd. He finally killed Bugs Bunny and felt really bad about it.

I think Elmer Fudd is one of the most complex classic cartoon characters, he's always trying to hunt and kill the "scewey wabbit" but whenever he thinks he's killed Bugs he always cries and feels sad. Of course that always gives Bugs a chance to mess with him which is pretty funny, but in the Oprah episode it was kind of sad because he really did kill Bugs (except when Bugs woke up in the end and said "What did you expect in an Oprah? A Happy Ending?")

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 11:51 am

GreySun369 wrote:
I've started watching some Bugs Bunny shorts on my Looney Tunes DVD and after watching the episode "What's Oprah Doc?" I kind of felt sorry for Elmer Fudd. He finally killed Bugs Bunny and felt really bad about it.

I think Elmer Fudd is one of the most complex classic cartoon characters, he's always trying to hunt and kill the "scewey wabbit" but whenever he thinks he's killed Bugs he always cries and feels sad. Of course that always gives Bugs a chance to mess with him which is pretty funny, but in the Oprah episode it was kind of sad because he really did kill Bugs (except when Bugs woke up in the end and said "What did you expect in an Oprah? A Happy Ending?")

Did you ever see the episode "The Old Grey Hare?"

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 11:58 am

conundrum wrote:
GreySun369 wrote:

Did you ever see the episode "The Old Grey Hare?"

Yeah I have it on my DVD. Also in the episodes "Elmer's Candid Camera" and "The Wild Hare" Bugs tricks Elmer into thinking he shot him and he always feels terrible. But the thing is in the episode "What's Oprah Doc?" Elmer really did gets Bugs, even though it was implied in the end that Bugs was still alive when he says "What did you expect in an oprah? A happy ending?"

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 6:25 pm

I always felt sorry for Wilt from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends...it seemed like everyone (Bloo especially, I can't stand him) was always taking advantage of him for how unfailingly sweet and good - natured he was. I know what THAT'S like. There was one episode in the second or third season where Wilt finds out that someone Bloo insulted for being tall (Wilt himself is very tall) is going to beat Bloo up, and Wilt finally lets Bloo have it, saying, "I applaud him! You're getting exactly what you deserve!" I think I literally gave Wilt a standing ovation after that scene....xD After getting the cr@p deal from his so - called friends for so long, he finally stood up for himself.

When I was much younger, there was a cartoon on the Disney Channel from the 1950s called "Susie, the Little Blue Coupe"...it's one of my favorite Disney shorts now, especially since it was partially the inspiration for the Cars movies..you can even see Susie in my avatar....anyway, I digress. In the cartoon, Susie is bought by an owner who loves her when she's new, but decides to trade her in for a newer car once she becomes old and develops engine trouble that he doesn't want to foot the bill for having fixed. There's a scene where Susie's owner announces his plans for ditching her to a mechanic when she's lying right there and can hear everything he's saying, and she begins to cry....it's really sad. So, she gets sent to a used Car lot and gets bought by some kinda mafia boss dude who also doesn't take care of her...one night, someone carjacks her and she ends up in a wreck, and is towed to a junkyard. Fortunately, a teenage boy comes along, buys her, and he and his friends overhaul her into a hot rod. :D

Even though the story has a happy ending, I would cry whenever it came on the Disney Channel when I was little...it was just too sad for me to watch. I love it now, tho, and have a small collection of "Susie" memorabilia. :D

But yeah, I would definitely be Susie's friend...she really needed one.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 6:48 pm

I would also like to mention Po from the Kung Fu Panda movies. In Kung Fu Panda 2 he discoveres what happens to his family and I thought that was pretty hardcore, a word thats actually repeated in the movie. You feel really sorry for him and although I didn't cry I certainly did on the inside when his mother leaves him in the cart and runs off and it seems that she's killed.

khaos
Toucan
Toucan

25 Feb 2012, 8:00 pm

Yeah I actually have empathy usually for some like that. Weird I have more empathy for a character in a movie or TV show than I do a real live person. Plus I can really get sucked into the characters and stories like they are real. It is very nerve wrecking.

Harry Potter and Snape.

Harry keeps losing just about everyone he cared about.
Plus poor Snape loving Lily that way. Broke my heart.
Albus "After all this time?".... Snape "Always"
The memory scene makes me cry every time.

AS, OCD, ADHD - Diagnosed
PTSD - Undiagnosed
<"May the Gods have mercy on you for I shall show none...">

FireMinstrel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 1:30 pm

Rita from Dexter. She never stood a chance...
Also, her two older children when they found out they'd lost their mother. At least the youngest was too young to ever remember.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 7:34 pm

Cliff Clayvin from Cheers, because he might as well be me.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2012, 6:57 am

Edward Scissorhands

Carrie White

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 7:46 pm

I always felt sorry for J.T in the earlier seasons of Degrassi TNG, especially when Paige and Manny blew him off. I also felt sorry for Terri in certain episodes of Degrassi. In the show American Horror Story I felt sorry for Violet and occasionally Tate.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 11:07 am

The IT crowd:
Richmond, Moss

The Big Bang Theory:
Sheldon, Rajesh

Edward scissorhands:
Edward, Kim

Robin Hood: Prince of thieves:
Robin of Locksley, Will Scarlett, the old blind butler

The devil wears Prada:
Andy

Dexter:
Practically everyone

Harry Potter:
Severus Snape, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Neville Longbottom, Luna Lovegood

Neverending story:
Artax the horse, Atreyu, the little princess
(Especially the horse. The scen in the swamps always leaves me literally shaken with grief).

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 12:01 pm

Butters: (South Park) He's a naïve, kind and really misunderstood kid, shame the likes of Cartman and his parents enjoy making his life as miserable as possible. Whether it's Cartman cruelly sticking him in a bomb shelter so he can take his place at Kyle's birthday, his grandmother bullying him, or his parent's grounding him for trivial incidents, Butters is one South Park character whom i feel really sorry for.

Mr Freeze: (Batman: TAS/Arkham City) Forget the hammy and neon drenched ice-puns that Arnie used, the Animated Series and Arkham City versions of Freeze are some of the best incarnations in recent memory. The latter especially, he is willing to do anything to save his wife, even if it means turning to a life of crime.

Ellen Ripley: (Alien franchise) She's encountered enough Xenomorphs to last her a whole lifetime, everyone she's ever known is dead and she just can't catch a break whether it's accompanying a group of marines, being the only woman in a prison full of men, or being cloned by the military.

Maximus Decimus Meredius: (Gladiator) It was clear that Maximus was the first choice to lead Rome into a new era, but this didn't sit well with the brattish, scheming and evil Commodus, who murders Marcus Aurelius and orders the execution of Maximus's family. His death always has me in tears whenever i rewatch it, it's that affecting and it's do damn satisfying to watch Commodus get his deserved comeuppance.

Brooks Hatlen: (The Shawshank Redemption) He finally gets parole after 50 years in prison, but he sadly cannot adjust to life in the outside world. His death is one of the more heartbreaking moments in Shawshank Redemption.

Donny Kerabatsos: (The Big Lebowski) Timid, naive and good-natured, Donny always got told to shut up by Walter whenever the latter ranted to the Dude. He gets bad luck in the shape of a heart attack during the confrontation with the nihilists.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 2:27 pm

I felt really sorry for Ralph from Wreck-It Ralph - as soon as the movie started, I could tell right away that he really was a nice guy who had been forced into a role that made him look (and feel) like a "bad guy."

I felt sorry for Vanellope, too, since everyone in Sugar Rush was so mean to her and wouldn't let her race because they all thought she was a "glitch." :(

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

CosmicTwilightEmi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2012, 5:06 pm

Here's some examples of characters I feel sorry for from my favorite media:

Canada - That poor guy is constantly ignored by the people around him.
Yugi Mutou - You would have to be a complete jerk to not feel sorry for him when he cries!
Sho Marufuji/Syrus Truesdale - He's pretty much the GX equivalent of the aforementioned Yugi.
Seymour and Audrey - OMG yes. Who else felt bad for Audrey when she was stuck with that sicko Orin? And Seymour constantly had those puppy-dog eyes...
Butters and Kyle (yes, really) - I know it's common to feel sorry for Butters, but I feel more sorry for Kyle. Don't judge me!

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 6:16 pm

Myself.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2012, 11:24 am

crona from souleater- he has to deal with that demonsword that is a part of him
edward scissorhands