Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Aug 2010
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 824

12 Dec 2011, 10:03 am

What are some TV shows that you currently own on DVD? Also what are some shows that you would like to some day get in the future?

I currently own four TV shows on DVDs, three are cartoons (one is Japanese and the other two are American) and the other is a crime documentary. The three cartoons are Azumanga Daioh volume 1, Courage the Cowardly Dog season 1, and The Essential Bugs Bunny, and the crime show is called Deadly Women seasons 1 & 2 and is about female killers.

There are some other shows I would like to some day own on DVD, mostly cartoons because I love animation. There's a Japanese horror anime called Pet Shop of Horrors which I would love to get, The Family Guy Freakin Sweet Collection which has Seth McFarlains's top 5 favorite episodes from the show, and then seasons one and two of Ed, Edd, n Eddy. I also want to get season three of this prank show called Scare Tactics (season three is the only one they sell on DVD).



wyldragon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 129
Location: VA

12 Dec 2011, 10:32 am

I love collecting movies & tv series

Some from my large collection:
I Dream of Jeannie (Season 1 & 2)
The Addams Family (Season 1 & 2)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Whole series)
Farscape (Whole series)
Firefly (Whole series)
Carnivale (Whole series)
Bones (Season 1)
Saturday Night Live (Season 1-3)
The Walking Dead (Season 1)
Sparticus (Season 1)
Stargate Universe (Whole series)
Dr. Who (Season 1-5 of the current years)
Fringe (Season 1)
The Gates (Season 1)
Blackadder (whole series)
The Outer Limits (earlier black & white episodes, whole series)
X-files (Season 1-3)
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (whole series)

I know I have more, but I can't remember what they are. I'm moving and they are all in boxes, but this is a good list of some of the best ones. I love scifi and horror so most of my collection has those.


_________________
Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it. ~Fyodor Dostoevsky


GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Aug 2010
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 824

12 Dec 2011, 10:55 am

wyldragon wrote:
I love collecting movies & tv series

Some from my large collection:
I Dream of Jeannie (Season 1 & 2)
The Addams Family (Season 1 & 2)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Whole series)
Farscape (Whole series)
Firefly (Whole series)
Carnivale (Whole series)
Bones (Season 1)
Saturday Night Live (Season 1-3)
The Walking Dead (Season 1)
Sparticus (Season 1)
Stargate Universe (Whole series)
Dr. Who (Season 1-5 of the current years)
Fringe (Season 1)
The Gates (Season 1)

Blackadder (whole series)
The Outer Limits (earlier black & white episodes, whole series)
X-files (Season 1-3)
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (whole series)

I know I have more, but I can't remember what they are. I'm moving and they are all in boxes, but this is a good list of some of the best ones. I love scifi and horror so most of my collection has those.
That's a cool collection. :) When it comes to television I'm mostly into animation, I love a lot of American cartoons and some Japanese cartoons. Courage the Cowardly Dog is actually my favorite cartoon of all time and it was the first cartoon I managed to get on DVD (it was a birthday present from last year).



Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,004
Location: Houston, Texas

12 Dec 2011, 11:08 am

Simpsons (seasons 1-14, and 20, plus all the special compilations, plus the Simpsons Movie)

Family Guy (volumes 1-8, volume 9 comes out tomorrow, plus Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story and all the Star Wars episodes)

South Park (seasons 1-14, plus all of the special compilations, and I have the South Park Movie on iTunes)

Robot Chicken (seasons 1-5, and 2 of the Star Wars episodes)

Aqua Teen Hunger Force/Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1 (volumes 1-8)

American Dad (volumes 1-6)

King of the Hill (volumes 1-6)

Scrubs (season 6)

Frasier (season 1)

Futurama (volumes 1-4, plus Bender's Big Score and the Beast with a Billion Backs)

Man Show (seasons 1-4)

Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law (seasons 1-2)



GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Aug 2010
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 824

12 Dec 2011, 11:13 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Simpsons (seasons 1-14, and 20, plus all the special compilations, plus the Simpsons Movie)

Family Guy (volumes 1-8, volume 9 comes out tomorrow, plus Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story and all the Star Wars episodes)

South Park (seasons 1-14, plus all of the special compilations, and I have the South Park Movie on iTunes)

Robot Chicken (seasons 1-5, and 2 of the Star Wars episodes)

Aqua Teen Hunger Force/Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1 (volumes 1-8)

American Dad (volumes 1-6)

King of the Hill (volumes 1-6)

Scrubs (season 6)

Frasier (season 1)

Futurama (volumes 1-4, plus Bender's Big Score and the Beast with a Billion Backs)

Man Show (seasons 1-4)

Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law (seasons 1-2)


I see a recurring theme with all the shows you like. :P



wyldragon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 129
Location: VA

12 Dec 2011, 11:46 am

I only have 3 cartoon series: Invador Zim, Tripping the Rift and The X-men. There are some I'd like to get, but money is tight right now.

I'd like to get Ahhh, Real Monsters, The Transformers, and Thundercats. Although I hate to admit it, I liked CatDog, too. Thundar the Barbarian was a favorite growing up, but I saw it recently for nostalgia’s sake. It didn't do anything for me. I was bummed!! It was so good when I was a kid. :)


_________________
Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it. ~Fyodor Dostoevsky


GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Aug 2010
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 824

12 Dec 2011, 11:51 am

wyldragon wrote:
I only have 3 cartoon series: Invador Zim, Tripping the Rift and The X-men. There are some I'd like to get, but money is tight right now.

I'd like to get Ahhh, Real Monsters, The Transformers, and Thundercats. Although I hate to admit it, I liked CatDog, too. Thundar the Barbarian was a favorite growing up, but I saw it recently for nostalgia’s sake. It didn't do anything for me. I was bummed!! It was so good when I was a kid. :)


lol yeah when I was a little kid I used to like all cartoons on TV, now that I'm an adult I will watch some shows and think to myself "Why did I ever like this?", but the ones that I still like even as an adult I consider to be high quality cartoons.

I don't really like new cartoons though. People tell me it's just because I'm grown-up now and didn't watch them as a kid, but I think it's simply because they're crap. For one thing all new cartoons are drawn with computers and not by hand like the old ones. The ones drawn by hand had the best artwork in my opinion.



wyldragon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 129
Location: VA

12 Dec 2011, 12:01 pm

Yeah, I don't care for many of the newer ones either. Hand drawn ones are the best!! I hate gross cartoons like Ren & Stimpy.

I love cartoons. My ex husband would yell at me for watching them and put me down saying that I had never grown up! What a jerk! Cartoons are awesome!! I have a lot of cartoon movies, too.


_________________
Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it. ~Fyodor Dostoevsky


TellEmSteveDave
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 8 Apr 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 274
Location: Night Vale

12 Dec 2011, 12:31 pm

some of my favourite TV box sets;

House (Seasons 1-7)

Doctor Who (new series 1-6 and 'The Beginning' box set)

That 70s Show (every season)

Scrubs (every season)

American Dad (1-5)

Stressed Eric Complete Collection

Twin Peaks complete collection

The Day Today

King Of The Hill (1 & 2)

Spaced (Complete)



TellEmSteveDave
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 8 Apr 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 274
Location: Night Vale

12 Dec 2011, 12:33 pm

A "Daria" complete collection would be nice, it's out in the US but not the UK?



neerdowell
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jun 2011
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 255

12 Dec 2011, 12:39 pm

Here's my collection

Buffy (complete series)
Angel (complete series)
Lost (complete series)
x-files (complete series)
Seinfeld ( complete series)
Firefly ( complete series)
Batman the animated series ( complete series)
Muppets ( season 1-3)
Trailer Park Boys (season 1)
24 ( season 1-5)



RW665
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2010
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,223
Location: Southern California

12 Dec 2011, 1:49 pm

1. The Big Bang Theory
2. Bones
3. Metalocalypse
4. The Simpson - a few seasons
5. Millennium
6. True Blood - the first season
7. Firefly
8. Scrubs - a few seasons

I would eventually like to get the X-Files complete series and Batman TAS complete series.


_________________
Gaming since 1996.
Xbox Live Gamertag: RevenantsWrath
My art: http://revenantswrath.deviantart.com/
Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/


OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,310

12 Dec 2011, 6:27 pm

i thinkkk
the only tv series i own on dvd is The Tudors. because i adore the topic of tudor monarchs and loved the series (+Jonathan rhy Meyers, nice). i miss it:(



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,407
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Dec 2011, 7:02 pm

Here's a few off the top of my head. Some of these I pirated instead of buying the DVDs

Star Trek~ all series, movies & even the cartoon series
Firefly
The Critic
Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist
Dilbert
DuckMan
Shin-Chan
Home Movies
Monty Python~ the entire collection
A-Team~ I don't have the movie or seen it
Gilligan's Island
Stripperella
Ally McBeal
The Shield
The Tick
Greg The Bunny
Daria
The OC
Space Precinct
Duck Tales


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill


Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,472

14 Dec 2011, 12:25 am

Here's mine.

Kath & Kim:
A country practice (up to season 6):
Little house on the prairie(up to season 7):
Bewitched (the entire show)
Mind your language (only seasons 1& 2):



Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,779
Location: Right behind you...

14 Dec 2011, 2:19 am

Most of my collection is made up of Doctor Who DVDs, but most of the rest is British Comedy.


_________________
(No longer a mod)

On sabbatical...