Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

alexptrans
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2011, 2:05 am

What did you think about the new episode of Dexter?

royalnerd
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Oct 2011, 9:55 pm

I really liked it! I think it was a nice comeback. I can't wait for the next episode.

"Your guy just fainted."
"That's not a good sign for a crime scene investigator..."

cindylayne
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Oct 2011, 5:02 am

Nice one! I enjoyed it. That was really, really good TV show. I loved this TV show.

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 11:21 am

cindylayne wrote:
Nice one! I enjoyed it. That was really, really good TV show. I loved this TV show.

Haven't seen the new ones yet. Do they make up for the failure that was the final few episodes of season 5?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 12:56 pm

The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
cindylayne wrote:

Haven't seen the new ones yet. Do they make up for the failure that was the final few episodes of season 5?

Oh yes and them some the new season is awesome it has me on the edge of my seat every time I see the new killer Travis he is interesting.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 4:52 pm

I'm liking it alright so far.

willa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 12:04 am

Pretty good so far. I doubt they will but I hope Dexter gets a bit more 'outted' this year. His sister has moven up, can make for an interesting twist for her to find out something and use her power to cover it up. Masuka's little girl toy clearly has a nose for figuring stuff out and is sneaky, I wouldn't be surprised if she digs up some info in some way that reveals the Ice Truck Killer as Dexter's brother.

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 8:22 am

Just watched the first episode. It was kind of boring. It was more good bits than bad bits but it tended to drag on. All the talk about religion wasn't to my taste.

What's up with Dexter always talking to his dead father? Is he mentally ill or something? Besides all the murder if that counts.

willa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 1:35 pm

The thing with his father is just a personality quirk of his. Just something to make the character more interesting (though after 5 seasons now it's definitely something useless to the character and his development). It's the equivalent of an imaginary friend.

*************Some small spoilers beyond this point**************
Something else kind of interesting in regards to it. Through the first few episodes I really thought Edward James Almos' character was a figment of Hank's imagination the same way dexter sees his dad. Through the first few seasons the big killers that Dexter tracks through the season always had some trait that Dexter could relate to, or some kind of connection and I thought that this would be it for this season. Up until the episode before last they really made it seem that way, and even in that episode there is a scene of hanks and almos in the cafe where the one chick asks hanks if he wants more and completely ignores Almos sitting right across from him entirely. But they then later show that Almos ties her up.

I don't know, there is something really wierd going on with Almos and the way he is portrayed in relation to Travis(hanks) and the rest of the world (besides of course that he's a homicidal maniac to normal people and someone who talks to god to Hanks =P). Even in the scene where the girl is tied up she never even acknowledges Almos standing right over her, she is purely concentrating on Travis. And the one professor that batista and the other guy go to visit has that box of stuff of his that's got his name written on it like it's an evidence box or his last personal effects (and they not so subtly hint that she's much more involved than the detectives want to think, even after they find the notebook, it's pretty obvious she's playing them).
Do have a theory or two about it =P

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 12:31 am

Now seen up to episode 4. It does seem as though the killers mentor is 'invisible'.

Even after the angel victim was tied up it's not clear who did it. If he is indeed a hallucination or whatever else it's possible that killer tied her up himself and forgot about it.

On the other hand Dexter is now convinced that two people are behind the murders. Though if the killer has multiple personalities this may explain differences in techniques. At the moment I'm betting on one killer. One more thing I suppose is one of the episodes is titled "Get Geller". I think that's the name of the mentor, so I really don't know what to think..

They've introduced a few interesting characters this season and I'll be interested in seeing how they play into the story. There's Brother Sam, the new cop and the intern. All of them have the potential of finding out about Dexter. Two of them could potentially even become allies.

---

Now up to date. So I guess Brother Sam wasn't a big deal after all. He must be dead - else why would Dexter's homicide unit show up at the garage? And maybe the intern wasn't a big deal either since Masuka is happy with the new guy.