Page 3 of 23 [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 2:47 pm

Most of the characters from most of Kubrick's films. I would guess Clockwork Orange is most chock-full of truly hate-able characters. There's not a single one to really root for. Same for Full Metal Jacket, even the cadets are a bunch of jerks.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 1:26 pm

I also thought of another one: The New Spongebob.

I used to love the show Spongebob Squarepants and I still watch it occasionally whenever an old episode comes on, but I absolutely hate the new episodes and I hate the drastic change to Spongebob's character. Spongebob used to be a friendly optimistic sea sponge who was nice to everyone and always wanted to help people, but now he's a complete jerk and a maniac who causes harm to other people with his and Patrick's stupidity and he doesn't seem to care about the fact that everyone in Bikini Bottom hates him now which increases the annoying factor. I mean used to in the old episodes the only character who didn't like Spongebob was Squidward, everyone else like Patrick, Sandy, and Mr, Krabs were his best friends. Now I think it's pretty sad that even Patrick has openly admitted to not liking him sometimes when he's supposed to be his best friend. Spongebob has also gotten increasingly more stupid when in the old episodes I thought he was pretty smart even though he was a bit eccentric.

I just don't get it, has the creator of the show become a cynical unhappy person who has messed his show and his star character up on purpose just to reflect his own cynical views on the world? Or maybe the show is trying to compete with The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy because they feel the audiance perfers lots of cynicism? Either way I'm disgusted with the new Spongebob.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 3:02 pm

Comic relief characters like Jar Jar Binks. Whenever i see such a character, i wish them to die a long, horrible, painful death.

I also have the choice of not watching such movies - and i sometimes do make that choice.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 7:24 pm

Humpty Dumpty from Puss In Boots. He is the creepiest thing, man.

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 8:57 pm

Uncouth tycoon "Harry Brock" from the film/play "Born Yesterday". The way he treats everyone is just awful.

kurai
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Nov 2011, 5:23 pm

Wesley Crusher (Star Trek Next Generation), Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars Episode I - III. i dislike a lot of main characters who are small children i fear), JarJar Binks (Star Wars), Cpt Janeway (Star Trek Voyager), Commander Sisko (Star Trek Deep Space Nine)... mh ...
if i had watched Twilight or Harry Potter, it would be a lot more. ;)

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 5:29 pm

Agatha Trunchbull (Matilda). Horribly abusive child-hating dictator of a school principal. She justifies her abusive ways and I had to skip certain scenes when reading the book and watching the movie because her abusiveness was making me so angry.

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 9:55 pm

Susan from Regular Show. You can't just usurp someone else's position just because he has a harder time being the boss. Benson was right to call giant!Susan "FIRED!" just as he readied to ram into her heels.

Also the recent Mr. Krabs (SpongeBob Squarepants). Why do you think Plankton deserves so much mental abuse over his fear of whales? I know he's a bit antagonistic at times, but this is just insane of him.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2011, 3:34 am

SonicMisaki wrote:
Also the recent Mr. Krabs (SpongeBob Squarepants). Why do you think Plankton deserves so much mental abuse over his fear of whales? I know he's a bit antagonistic at times, but this is just insane of him.

That is why I hate Mr. Krabs so much, I found that episode to be disturbing on so many levels especially when Mr. Krabs nearly drove Plankton to commit suicide and was laughing about it. I mean what kind of message are they trying to send our kids with that episode? That it's funny to drive somebody to kill themselves? :roll:

I just don't understand what has happened to the show. It used to be a happy show about an optimistic quirky sea sponge who wanted to help his friends, now everything about the show is completely cynical. Did the mood of the show adjust to the entire mentality of the world or something? I've noticed that this cynicism seems to be effecting everything now, even children's cartoons. :?

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2011, 3:50 am

KyleTheGhost wrote:
Agatha Trunchbull (Matilda). Horribly abusive child-hating dictator of a school principal. She justifies her abusive ways and I had to skip certain scenes when reading the book and watching the movie because her abusiveness was making me so angry.

Yeah and not to mention the parents who didn't do anything about her because they chose not to believe their kids. I find it hard to believe that not a single parent would acknowledge the stuff their children accused her of doing, especially when she made it so obvious to everyone how much she hated kids. If this happened in the real world she would be investigated by police and thrown in jail for endangering the lives of children who were under her care. I bet even the teachers like Miss. Honey would have faced jail time for not reporting her crimes.

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 1:04 am

GreySun369 wrote:
SonicMisaki wrote:

That is why I hate Mr. Krabs so much, I found that episode to be disturbing on so many levels especially when Mr. Krabs nearly drove Plankton to commit suicide and was laughing about it. I mean what kind of message are they trying to send our kids with that episode? That it's funny to drive somebody to kill themselves? :roll:

I just don't understand what has happened to the show. It used to be a happy show about an optimistic quirky sea sponge who wanted to help his friends, now everything about the show is completely cynical. Did the mood of the show adjust to the entire mentality of the world or something? I've noticed that this cynicism seems to be effecting everything now, even children's cartoons. :?

This is one reason I switched to "The adventures of Gumball" Just plain silly and I love it.

I also realized after watching one of the muppets movies that I truly can not stand Miss Piggy! She's a nasty, moody, manipulative little creature.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 6:54 pm

Eric Cartman - he's a jerk who's spoiled rotten by his mom and is willing to step on anyone's toes to get what he wants..what does he plan to do with 10 million dollars, anyway? He's NINE. And it's simply unacceptable the way he's constantly ragging on Kenny bcuz his family is "poor," as he calls them. Argh.

Bloo - Now, Bloo actually struck me as being pretty likeable during the first season of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, but for some reason, he very gradually - so slowly that you didn't even realize it happening - became selfish, entitled, and expected everything to be handed to him. It was heartbreaking for me to watch how he started acting towards Mac, his best friend (especially since Mac obviously didn't feel comfortable around his peers and his gang of Imaginary Friends were pretty much his only refuge from a workaholic mom and nasty older bro), but when Bloo started abusing Wilt (my favorite character on the show) that was THE. LAST. STRAW. for me - I decided that I didn't like what Bloo had become at all, and that I never would. He'd become like the cartoon manifestation of every jerk I'd ever been forced into contact with in my life.

Sorry to the Bloo fans, but I simply prefer to enjoy the characters that I have things in common with and are good - natured and sweet (like Wilt. :D )

Chick Hicks - Chick Hicks from Cars just really rubs me the wrong way....but the way he's willing to cause serious harm to other racers just so he can win is just completely unacceptable. I honestly have no idea what deluded him into thinking that Tex Dinoco would make him the new racer for Dinoco after he nearly killed the King during the final Piston Cup Race...Tex clearly thought of The King as his own son. I was SO happy when I found out that Chick wasn't going to be in Cars 2.

There are some people who have compared Francesco Bernoulli (the Italian racer in Cars 2) to Chick, and even calling him "The Chick Hicks of Cars 2," and I think that's really unfair...sure, Francesco is boastful and full of himself like Chick is, but at least Francesco isn't NASTY....like when McQueen and Francesco have finished the race in Porto Corsa, and are watching what happened to other racers whose tanks exploded bcuz of the Lemons' "TV camera," Francesco looks just as horrified as McQueen does. Chick's reaction would probably be, "Great - less competition for ME!" but Francesco showed genuine empathy and concern. He's a good sport...he wouldn't dream of cheating; he relies on his own racing talent.

So, there you have it - all the characters I don't like.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 12:35 pm

Ichinin wrote:
Comic relief characters like Jar Jar Binks. Whenever i see such a character, i wish them to die a long, horrible, painful death.

I also have the choice of not watching such movies - and i sometimes do make that choice.

I couldn't agree more!! !

If I ever had the honor of meeting George Lucas, I'd ask him... "Jar Jar??! !! Seriously, what the F'K we're you thinking???"

Also, I couldn't stand "Noranti", The old lady on season 4 of Farscape, annoying as hell.

And I have to admit, Though I really like the show in general, I couldn't stand Eric Foreman from That 70's show.

Diagnosed in 2005

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 4:13 am

Melanie Wilks from Gone With The Wind

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 6:35 am

GreySun369 wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:

Yeah and not to mention the parents who didn't do anything about her because they chose not to believe their kids. I find it hard to believe that not a single parent would acknowledge the stuff their children accused her of doing, especially when she made it so obvious to everyone how much she hated kids. If this happened in the real world she would be investigated by police and thrown in jail for endangering the lives of children who were under her care. I bet even the teachers like Miss. Honey would have faced jail time for not reporting her crimes.

Maybe Miss Honey DID report the crimes, but they just didn't believe her either?

I agree with League_Girl about Cal Hockley and Ruth DeWitt Bukater.

Most of the characters from Harry Potter.

Also, bullies. I HATE bullies. Some more so than others.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 5:49 pm

I guess I hate the fictional bullies as well. So does the nostalgia critic, he calls them lame in some of the films he's reviewed. I think maybe Drako Malfoy in the first few Potter films is a bully I don't but he becomes more interesting around Half Blood Prince and beyond.