Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 May 2012, 2:03 pm

Love this trailer. Looking forward to the film. :) :D

The video is half way down the page of Movieline's trailer review at:

http://movieline.com/2012/05/01/the-dar ... e-learned/

I didn't really connect with "Batman Begins", which disappointed me.

I had been blown away by Nolan's awesome film "Memento", and eventually by "Prestige". And after watching "Inception" a second time I now love that aswell. :lol

I didn't really like "The Dark Knight" much either the first time I saw it, like "Prestige" in fact, except that "Prestige" is now one of my all time favourite films whereas "TDK" is still only an "OK/B++". But I'm still looking forward very much to seeing what Nolan does with the Batman story; he's so brilliant at narrative.

Who else is waiting for this? :)

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 2:25 pm

After I'm done seeing Avengers, my white-knuckle waiting period for DKR officially begins.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 2:45 pm

ouinon wrote:
Love this trailer. Looking forward to the film. :) :D

The video is half way down the page of Movieline's trailer review at:

http://movieline.com/2012/05/01/the-dar ... e-learned/

I didn't really connect with "Batman Begins", which disappointed me.

I had been blown away by Nolan's awesome film "Memento", and eventually by "Prestige". And after watching "Inception" a second time I now love that aswell. :lol

I didn't really like "The Dark Knight" much either the first time I saw it, like "Prestige" in fact, except that "Prestige" is now one of my all time favourite films whereas "TDK" is still only an "OK/B++". But I'm still looking forward very much to seeing what Nolan does with the Batman story; he's so brilliant at narrative.

Who else is waiting for this? :)

Are you insane 8O 8O 8O Batman Begins is IMO better than TDK, purely because it has a decent storyline and stellar performances (barring Katie Holmes), whereas TDK is more of a "wham bam thank you m'am" kind of movie, even though i love it.

Dark Knight Rises = epicness. Can't wait!

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 4:24 pm

Okay.... first, please stop picking on Katie Holmes! She is adorable and did just fine in Begins... :P

As for the trailer.... Blown bridges and Bat graffiti reminds me of No Man's Land!

Definitely looking forward to this flick!! !! !! !! !! !! :D

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2012, 1:41 pm

When I was watching it, I thought 'oh it's going to get knocked out by The Avengers' UNTIL I saw the Bat plane. Then I said YES, this is going to be a great film ! ! And that final bit with Cat Woman saying 'my mother warned me', that's great.

charlesshutt12
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 May 2012, 11:46 pm

Cant wait for the epicness = Dark Knight Rises!! :)
Nolan is the magician, waiting for this movie to hit the theatre :)

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 5:09 pm

This. Film. Looks. AMAZING!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 11:14 pm

I'm not real sure how I feel about it... I mean it looks good but I just feel that Catwoman is going to ruin it... I mean I love the character of Selina Kyle but Anne Hathaway is not fit for the character at all, not only does she not look the part, but she also really is not that great of an actress, and her costume looks f*****g ret*d. Like something that would come out of the Schumacher Bataman films rather than Nolans more realistic universe. And I also don't think this will be a case like with Heath Ledger surprising us all eitheir... Now while I wasn't sure about Ledger before TDK because in all his previous films he appeared to be a very wooden actor he did give an amazing performance in Dark Knight. But the thing is we could tell how awesome Ledgers Joker was from the trailers, and in the 2 trailers thus far I am even more worried about the movie being hampered by Hathaway in the movie...

DogOfJudah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2012, 11:35 pm

I need Bane's jacket in my life :heart: