Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 5:10 pm

I'm not kidding this is really happening. I got all of this below from toonbarn.com:

Phineas and Ferb: Marvel Heroes Under Production
By Neil Raymundo– July 16, 2012Posted in: Marvel, Phineas & Ferb
Phineas and Ferb + The Avengers, Spiderman, and various Marvel Characters – it’s not exactly the kind of crossover that one would expect, but it’s still understandable considering that they are both owned by Disney.

In a recent press release, Disney has announced that production is already starting on an animated adventure titled “Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel”, which will feature characters from the two popular franchises, Phineas and Ferb and Marvel Universe.

Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel is expected to premiere in summer of 2013 on the Disney Channel, and will mark the first ever crossover event for the Marvel heroes and a Disney comedy property. The project will be helmed by Phineas and Ferb creators Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” with help from Marvel’s creative team.

“Our partnership with Marvel has yielded big returns this year – first with the launch of the Marvel Universe block on Disney XD, and now with production beginning on the Phineas and Ferb / Marvel special. To paraphrase Phineas himself: best year EVER!,” said Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer, Disney Channels Worldwide.

“Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel is an exciting animated special for everyone at Disney and Marvel. Bringing together the worlds of Phineas and Ferb and Marvel’s The Avengers is a ton of fun for fans of both properties,” said Dan Buckley, Publisher & President of the Print, Animation & Digital Divisions, Marvel Worldwide, Inc. “It’s a thrilling opportunity for these two franchises to take advantage of each other in a way that may go beyond this one special. Fans of all ages are in for a very special treat!”

Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel finds several Marvel Superheroes such as Spiderman, Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk visiting Danville after Dr. Doofenshmirtz’s latest “inator” scheme accidentally removes their powers. It is now up to Phineas and Ferb to team up with the depowered heroes in a quest to bring back their powers and defeat several Marvel Super Villains contracted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz, such as the Red Skull, Whiplash, Venom, and M.O.D.O.K.

Honestly I don't know what to think. It's exciting yes, I love Marvel, despite the fact that I very rarely read the comics but I do watch alot of the movies and cartoon shows. As for Phineas and Ferb I will be honest I have actually watched the show from time to time but I'm not a huge fan. I get what's going on, 2 stepbrothers building stuff like rollercoasters and time machines, their teenage sister always trying to bust them but always fails and their pet platapus named Perry is a secret agent who always foils the evil plans of an evil scientist which results in the reason that the sister named Candace can never bust them and there's always a stupid song in every episode that has to do with the plot. I do think this show is OK but not anything brilliant, mostly because it's really out of my age range. I will admit I have found a few funny jokes now and then and a few good episodes and that 2nd dimension movie was pretty good, but still not a really huge fan, but I will definately be giving this crossover a look. I'm kinda glad I watched the show now. I really hate those songs though.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 10:56 am

I love Phineas and Ferb, and I am more than twice your age.