Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

14 Oct 2013, 10:43 pm

Aah, Kitchen Nightmares. What's it about, you ask? Here's wikipedia to help us out:

Quote:
Kitchen Nightmares is an American reality television series broadcast on the Fox network, in which chef Gordon Ramsay is invited by the owners to spend a week with a failing restaurant in an attempt to revive the business. It is based on the British show Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

This, for some weird reason, has got to be one of my favorite shows of today. Why? Two words: Gordon Ramsey. He takes no s**t from anyone, and I love him for that. No homo, though.

One of my favorite episodes was the one where they featured Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale, AZ. The two owners, Amy and Samy Bouzaglo were shown to be rather abrasive, aggressive towards their staff, customers, you name it. About two years prior to the episode's filming, bloggers began writing negative reviews of the restaurant's food. Amy says the reviews are "lies" and states that they cost the restaurant a "tremendous amount of business". Staff members explain that Amy does not see the problems with the food that many customers see, and that Samy will lash out at any customer who expresses dissatisfaction.
On the third and final day, Ramsay meets again with the owners and criticizes Amy for the condition of the food served and the treatment and high turnover of employees. The discussion becomes increasingly heated and Amy reacts defensively, refusing to accept criticism, and blaming others (including Ramsay) for "disrupting" her. Ramsay concludes, "I think you're too far gone". Amy responds by stating her intent to withdraw from filming the show, and Ramsay tells the couple that a lot of their procedures are not normal for this kind of restaurant and announces that he's leaving. The production crew members are then shown removing cameras and audio recording equipment as Amy states to the camera that she and Samy "don't need his help", and suggests that he left for that reason.

Shortly after this episode aired, the restaurant got a lot of social media attention, much of it negative.

That's all I got to say for this show, it can be amusing for those who have a rather macabre sense of humor.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2013, 11:44 pm

I've read tons of reviews about Amy's Baking Company on Yelp and elsewhere, and people conclude that those two owners have Borderline Personality Disorder to the Nth degree. I believe it. I saw the show and they're really out of touch with reality.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2013, 12:29 am

redrobin62 wrote:
I've read tons of reviews about Amy's Baking Company on Yelp and elsewhere, and people conclude that those two owners have Borderline Personality Disorder to the Nth degree. I believe it. I saw the show and they're really out of touch with reality.

I agree. Something shoulda been done earlier about them!

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2013, 4:44 pm

Anybody else watch this show?

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 12:55 pm

I don't like hearing angry curse words, even when they're beeped out, so I avoid anything with Gordon Ramsay in it. :lol: And I might be dragged into the restaurant business soon :chef: and I don't like to imagine him coming in and tearing apart our food.

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 8:42 pm

A week with Gordon Ramsey? The restaurant staff is going to need therapy. He cracks me up a little but I feel bad for the people who are trying to perform with him shouting at them. I guess they know what they're getting into when they agree to work with him, though.