Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 6:14 pm

Which of these two films are the best?

Personally I like the sequel much better. The first one was great and all, but the second one was more action packed, more funnier and definately took itself more seriously. I say bring on Kung Fu Panda 3.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Jun 2011, 6:49 pm

I really enjoyed the first one, and haven't seen the second one yet. I think I will probably like them both! :)

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 8:03 pm

The first one had better character development, but the sequel had a better plot and a couple of good voice acting performances. I'll go with the sequel, but only by a hair.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 10:22 pm

Kung Fu Panda 2.

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jun 2011, 4:02 am

crmoore wrote:
The first one had better character development, but the sequel had a better plot and a couple of good voice acting performances. I'll go with the sequel, but only by a hair.

Agreed! I mean, the second one wasn't bad. Just watched it tonight, in fact, and thought it was fantastic, but the story about Po's childhood just simply wasn't as tight as the storyline of him being the loser trying to find his place in the world. It wasn't explored as fully either. I mean, it wasn't bad, but it just wasn't as tightly done.

I mean, one of the big things I notice even now is that Po just randomly achieved inner peace. He didn't really come to terms with anything, not like he did with the "secret ingredient" in the first. He just achieved inner peace when it was convenient.

But I did sort of like the expansion of Tigress' character. I felt all through the first one that she was a major character just waiting to happen and I liked that we got to see a little more of her this time around. On the other hand, one of the biggest thing I liked about Tigress is that she's a female anthropomorphic character that wasn't given lots of pink, long eyelashes, and a big set of boobs to identify them as female. Which is amazing considering her VA is one of the major American sex symbols. But I'm afraid that if they start adding to her character they're going to screw it all up and make her super-girly.

In summary, I can watch Kung Fu Panda again and again and it'll never get old. But while 2 was a fun watch, I don't think I'll be able to say the same about it. Good moments, but just not as strong as the first.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 1:57 pm

The first one. I liked it but had HUGE problems with the little flashlights that appeared onscreen everytime somebody did a high kung-fu kick. Sensory issues.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

15 Dec 2012, 12:21 am

I laughed harder during the first one, but I liked the plot line for the sequel better. It's a tie.