Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

09 Mar 2013, 11:38 pm

Has anyone used this show for social skills and learning to "read" people? I think it's really good for this. I've never seen soap operas before, but this one is pretty interesting and useful, in my opinion. Though, I have to hold my nose a bit at all the rich as*holes. lol

undercaffeinated
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Mar 2013, 12:15 am

On the one hand, soap operas are pretty much completely oriented around social interactions... but on the other hand, the way the people act on those shows isn't exactly typical... it's sort of like all the characters have personality disorders (or different disorders at different times, even). I don't know that I'd want to use that as a reference, or at least not a detailed one.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 4:16 pm

Not so much soap operas and weekly serialised drama like 90210, but I have enjoyed observing how characters interact in more geeky shows, like Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I much prefer learning social interactions in real life, by practicing, but sometimes watching these shows with their intensive social interactions can be a bit helpful, I'd agree.