Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Click

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Groundhog Day

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 10:57 pm

Vulgar - someone decided to run this one past me and told me to rent it, I figured being a Kevin Smith it couldn't be too bad. I'll put it this way, if you hated Freddy Got Fingered this it that minus the comedy. I guess you can say there may have been something to the plot but the feel of the movie just made me ill.

Life Aquatic - My roommate, who usually has decent taste in movies tried to get me to watch this from start to finish. I hated the first 5 minutes...10 minutes...maybe something just barely eeking by as mildly amusing but it just plodded along in that same manner, I think this movie and Vanilla Sky have been the only two in my life, no matter how bad, that I haven't been able to make myself sit through to completion.

Bloodrayne - I liked the videogame so I thought I'd watch this. Its ok if your REALLY f'd up, too f'd to notice that the cheese-meter gets completely demolished on this one. Supposedly the guy who directed it was some type of German genre expert or whatever - pff, way to really diss and insult the intelligence of anyone who likes the game.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 11:31 pm

re: Bloodrayne... wasn't that one just a mess?
Also, for me, Battlefield Earth. I don't even know where to start with that one.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2006, 12:00 am

The Ringer. I thought it was going to be funny, but it was just stupid.

Zenmiester
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Dec 2006, 12:20 am

I just watched the 1998 Sleeping Dogs. A cheap sci-fi b-movie with some action and very little background. It was, without a doubt, the worst movie ever. Rest assured that I was on the Internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2006, 12:40 am

I just forced myboyfriend to sit through ..."A Dead Calling"....I had to watch to the end because I thought it was writen and directed by Michelle Phiffer and wanted to see how she would do....it was painful.Turns out at end credits it was Michelle Fiffer(or some thing like that)It was a DVD screener I found at thrift store...wasnt worth the .80cents I paid.

I did find "Kingdom Hospital"DVD series for 10.oo at pawn shop...that almost makes up for it.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2006, 9:27 am

The worst movie I ever paid to see was Diggstown. James Woods and Lou Gossett, Jr., are a couple of ex-cons who find themselves in some small Southern town, where this sleazeball, played by Bruce Dern, "owns" everything and everyone fears him. Woods tries to stop this guy by having Gossett fight a boxing match against ten men in one night. The premise was ridiculous, the plot seemed thrown in without much thought, and the girl who was supposed to be James Woods' love interest disappeared after the boxing started, AND WAS NEVER SEEN AGAIN!! I should have known I was in for a bad experience as soon as I realized that I was one of only five people in the theatre to see this piece of crap!
:x

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2006, 9:35 am

BTW, second place goes to Talladega Nights. While I normally like Will Farrell, this movie blew chunks. Will tried too hard to be funny in this movie, but I thought that, as a whole, this movie disrespected the NASCAR culture, leading me to think that NASCAR didn't realize what they were getting when they agreed to promote this thing. That said, though, I also saw Will's other movie this year, Stranger Than Fiction, and I absolutely raved about it.

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2006, 11:10 am

This is a tricky question for me, since I am a fan of "bad movies". But this means the cheaply-made B-movies with low production values that are fun to watch because they are so bad. I am assuming this is not what you are looking for in this thread...

There are a few movies I've seen that were agonizing to watch:
- Showgirls
- Battlefield: Earth
- Highlander II: The Quickening
- Howard the Duck

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Dec 2006, 11:21 am

Fried Green Tomatoes. I thought it would never end. And it was boring right from the beginning.

headphase
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2006, 9:24 pm

"Manos" the Hands of Fate

Space
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2006, 3:03 am

the ringer
duece bigalow european gigalo
cache ( just because it was so boring)
haloween 3
meet the fockers

there are dozens of horrible movies I've seen that should be up there or close, and keep in mind those are just the worst off the top of my head.

kelroy77
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Dec 2006, 2:21 am

"Cool as Ice" featuring the one and only Vanilla Ice. Now, this is a truly awful movie, but it does put me in a better mood when I'm depressed. Yes, there is someone out there more socially clueless than myself, and that man's name is Vanilla Ice!

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2006, 10:53 am

Junior, with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2006, 11:17 am

Oh yeah, another really rough one to watch - Are We There Yet? Yeah, that's so how people react to things in real life....

Young_fogey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Dec 2006, 8:12 pm

Sally and St Anne, The Thin Red Line (literally fell asleep in the cinema), Scary Movie and, drumroll please, John Leguizamo in The Pest.