Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Nymeria8
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 4:38 pm

Did anyone else watch this show?

Its been on my mind...I just spent an entire afternoon crushing peoples heads from across the room.

velocirapture
Raven
Raven

07 May 2013, 11:05 pm

Crush crush crush!

The French fur trapper sketches are among my favorites.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 12:09 am

Love them! I have the series on DVD to get my fix. :D

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 12:49 pm

I used to watch them when they were still on CBC and then later as repeats on different stations. One half-hour of these crazy Kids in their "dress-up" gear brings me more laughter while three hours of modern American sitcoms don't even make me crack a smile. Some of my favorite sketchers are:

-The Axe Murderer who, with typical Canadian friendly-and-politeness, asks a neighbor for a new axe after just murdering some people. ("don't tell anyone or... chop-chop!)

-The two unemployed slacker guys who literally live on mac and cheese (they're too poor to afford anything else but they love it!) who suddenly get all these spectacular rewards by people from the mac and cheese company, the ketchup company, and tapeworm food from a Dr. David Suzuki-lookalike.

-The Girl-Drink Drunk, a sad yet hilarious tale of a guy who became an alcoholic but would only drink "girl-drinks" that mask the taste of liquor. His boss tells him at the end to leave before he starts throwing up "little fruity things".

-The skit where God has actually died. (Everyone was in mourning, and then it's back to business as usual!)

-The aliens who are probing people they've abducted, and one of them asks the same questions skeptics have asked here on Earth - Why are we even doing this? And if we do why don't we abduct world leaders instead of hillbillies and such?) and then they probe a guy and he smiles as if he enjoys it. :lol:

- The two cops who spend several sketches interrogating a murder suspect by simply repeatedly asking "Did you kill that guy?", to which the suspect simply repeatedly answers "nope". In one sketch they try peer pressure on him by saying how great it is killing people and that everyone does it including them. When it doesn't work one of the cops says peer-pressure must only work to get people to start smoking. (as he and the other cop start to smoke).

-The teacher who, after literally boring his entire class to sleep, puts champagne on his desk and goes to the closet where a Russian spy lady is hiding and they talk about their forbidden romance.

-The "These are the Daves I Know" song. When I was younger I would sing this song around a guy a knew named David. :)

-The "Terriers" song, one part is sung in French. Something like "Terriers et mon chien favori..." :)

-The "Fact Girl", who in one sketch says the Queen can't remember her ABC's anymore. Then they show the Queen and sure enough she tries but can't remember. At the end of the show she gets revenge by saying it's a fact that red-haired girls were believed to be witches and drowned in medieval times, and then as the credits roll the takes the red-haired Fact Girl on a long walk off a short pier. :)

-A bunch of guys at work are talking about things they saw that made them want to puke. The funny thing is that the things they're talking about aren't really that gross, like "I saw some guy who had his couch out for sale!" "You mean his couch, that people actually sat on and stuff?" "I thought I was gonna puke." "Well if I saw that I would have puked.". One guy, who must be new and is bewildered by all this, says "I saw a bloated dead rat lying in sour milk". The other guys are not disgusted in the least by this, and go back to their conversation of not-really-gross-things that made them want to puke. :eew:

Last edited by lostonearth35 on 08 May 2013, 2:48 pm, edited 8 times in total.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 12:52 pm

I've always like the Bored Robbers...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OWCtFTeyP4[/youtube]

And most of Dave Foley's bits... :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJT989Sog4Y[/youtube]

Nymeria8
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 5:47 pm

I am so totally relieved that there are others out there! Yay!! ! This made my day.

The Daves song was so good!

Yet I cannot believe nobody else brought up Chicken Lady!! !

velocirapture
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 10:22 am

Nymeria8 wrote:
I am so totally relieved that there are others out there! Yay!! ! This made my day.

The Daves song was so good!

Yet I cannot believe nobody else brought up Chicken Lady!! !

Oh, chicken lady is delightful! The sketch where the strippers make her explode is hilarious.

Nymeria8
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 6:04 pm

30 Helens Agree!! !