Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2013, 4:53 am

Okay, I have to admit, I didn't think much of Yu-Gi-Oh! when it first came out on TV years ago. I did watch a few episodes, but never quite got into it.

However, recently, I got into it, mainly because I enjoyed LittleKuriboh's Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series, the famous codifier of gag dubs as we know them today. Eventually, I've been curious enough to go back to the original manga, and today, I received the very first volume of the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga through my local bookstore.

Think that it's all about card games? Think again. Yu-Gi-Oh! literally means "King of Games" in Japanese, and the first manga volume is filled with strange, dark and deadly games, including Money and Knife, the One-Finger Battle, and the most dangerous form of table hockey ever devised. Of course, it goes without saying that none of these should be tried at home, and Dark Yugi is (at this point in the story) a borderline sociopath, although his victims certainly deserve retribution. From what I have heard, the card games don't even make an appearance until the second volume, and don't take over the story until the eighth.

So, anyone like the anime, the manga, or the Abridged Series?

On sabbatical...

SpiderFan14
Raven
Raven

12 Mar 2013, 10:05 pm

Big fan of the abridged series

I've seen alot of the anime series when it first aired but grew out of it but now I want to watch it again now that its on nick.