Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

Dannyboy271
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Oct 2012, 4:14 pm

WOAAAAHHH... That made tears come outa ma face!! ! But disney???? Disney isn't lucasfilms, they can't do the same job as George Lucas could, but then again he's kinda getting old... but then again Star Wars is kind of meant to end at 6... It's the end of the legacy... but I don't know... when Disney does stuff like this, they usually do a really really really good job with it... oh my woah... I don't know what to say... oh my woah.. Oh my woah... oh my woah...

THIS IS CRAZYY!! !! !! !! !

blackelk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Oct 2012, 4:19 pm

Dannyboy271 wrote:
WOAAAAHHH... That made tears come outa ma face!! ! But disney???? Disney isn't lucasfilms, they can't do the same job as George Lucas could, but then again he's kinda getting old... but then again Star Wars is kind of meant to end at 6... It's the end of the legacy... but I don't know... when Disney does stuff like this, they usually do a really really really good job with it... oh my woah... I don't know what to say... oh my woah.. Oh my woah... oh my woah...

Star Wars should have ended at 3. The last 3 were terrible and a stain on the original.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 4:21 pm

Apparently George Lucas has given this sale his personal sanction. He wants the intellectual property to change hands in his lifetime so that another generation will get to enjoy it.

Guess it makes sense, he wants to oversee that the transition is done correctly. Hopefully Disney will let him co-direct it at least.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 4:22 pm

blackelk wrote:
Dannyboy271 wrote:

Star Wars should have ended at 3. The last 3 were terrible and a stain on the original.

Apparently GL always intended it to be a 'trilogy of trilogies'.

Don't see it ending at episode 9 though. Not if the likes of Disney have anything to do with it.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 4:23 pm

Oh, and the IP goes beyond Star Wars.

You should also expect more Indiana Jones movies, and a sequel to 'Willow'.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 4:30 pm

thomas81 wrote:

Very crazy - mostly happy about it, but can't say I'm not worried that if the new films aren't fantastic it will further tarnish the franchise.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 5:24 pm

Well when disney bought marvel, things picked up pretty well and we got the avengers movie as a result of it. So not all hope is lost.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 5:34 pm

Some of the worst news I've heard. The sequels are bloody awful.

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Oct 2012, 5:40 pm

*facepalm* WTF? Disney won't be happy till they own every licence they can get.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 5:53 pm

I...am...actually glad that I ended my fandom of Star Wars when I did. When the animated Clone Wars came out (not the shorts that came out before Revenge of the Sith but the CGI film and animated series that came after) I could NOT take it anymore. I'm glad that I am no longer a fan. I'm very glad.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 6:22 pm

Guys calm down and think about this. They have a ton of Expanded Universe possibilities to use for Episodes 7, 8, 9, etc. The Yuuzhan Vong War anyone?

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 6:24 pm

I wish Dreamworks purchased this franchise instead of Disney. The Disney jingle at the start is gonna blow it for me. Spielburg asked Lucas if he can direct VII but weirdly Lucas explicitly refused, despite the fact they are friends. Spielburg would have been the ideal director.

Guess Disney were able to wave the bigger cheque in front of his nose.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 6:35 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Some of the worst news I've heard. The sequels are bloody awful.

Episode I was awful, but II and III were OK.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 6:45 pm

Wow I didn't expect this when I came on this forum. I don't even know how to feel. I love Star Wars, it's pratically my favorite movie franchise but I feel as if the films have come full circle after episode 3. What else can thet do? Will Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher return? What about Darth Vader? I don't possibly see him returning. If disney owns Star Wars now does that mean the disey logo will appear at the beginning of the film because a Star Wars film can't start properly without the 20th century fox fanfare followed by the Lucasfilm Ltd logo, then the A long time ago in a galaxy far far away writing, the classic theme tune and the scroll telling us whats going on. Do I want to see another Star Wars film? Honestly I really really don't know. Maybe, possibly perhaps. I would like Star Wars to be kept alive in many ways such as The Clone Wars animated series which unlike some other people I actually like or this rumoured live action tv series that suppose to take place between Episode III and Episode IV. To quote the films themselves "I've got a bad feeling about this".

Noodlebug
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Oct 2012, 8:20 pm

They could place it in the "Legacy" era, about 40 years after "Return of the Jedi." It would also fit Harrison Ford's age.