Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 5:32 pm

i know that Rainmain wasn't an accurate portrayal of the general ASD population. But it's mostly known by everyone as being the first "representation" of us. However, I've seen the film many times and found a lot of his quirks seemed to mirror mine--most notably the having to watch a certain tv program. ("Wopner...gotta watch Wopner. Wopner's on at 7.")

for me...it's jeopardy. my parents tease me about it sometimes. but at 7:30, i'll be guaranteed to be watching jeopardy. i was even at a fish fry once during lent...and we had the waitress at the bar change one of the tv's so that i could watch jeopardy.
there was another time that jeopardy got pre-empted for the president. i got upset and went off on a long verbal rant/protest.

how about for everyone else? what is the one thing on TV that you MUST watch? (you can only pick one program)

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 5:39 pm

http://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-ti ... a-1-623251

The magic of simulcasting - you can be late for an episode and it will still be there later XD.

But seriously - best show of the season :3 Not sure if it's to the extent of your thing with jeopardy, however.

Romantically challenged to the point of self-deprecating humor. Feel free to contact for whatever reason!

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 10:36 pm

I have watched "The Sopranos" on dvd about 3 days a week or more for years but what closely resembles your "Jeopardy" situation for me is the NPR radio show "Car Talk". I once turned down a job because they might want me to work Saturdays. I also looked for NPR stations when I had to be out of town so I would not miss it and tried to not have to travel on Saturdays. The hosts are retired now:(

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 7:24 pm

Duke Basketball.

CrystalNephtyse
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jul 2013, 12:36 am

For me it's One Tree Hill. I think it's the best show in the whole entire world, and no other show can compete with it

CrystalNephtyse

15 Jul 2013, 12:37 am

For me it's One Tree Hill. I think it's the best show in the whole entire world, and no other show can compete with it