14 May 2013, 3:32 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PerIAuv27SQ[/youtube]

W E L C O M E T O L E V E L 7!! !!

You know, I'm more of a DC fan, but this is giving me geekgasms. :D

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 3:43 pm

This exists but we can't get a Gotham Central show... :?

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 3:50 pm

Looks like Marvel's come up with a clever way to introduce more characters from their IP without having to risk movie-style money on them. (I suspect the gent in the hoodie is going to turn out to be Luke Cage, for instance.)

I approve. (And I'm sure they've all been sitting on the edge of their collective seat, awaiting my personal approval... :) )

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 4:41 pm

Agent Coulson {Clark Gregg from The Avengers} will likely have to be cloned in order to bring him back to life.

I do have high hopes for the S-H-I-E-L-D spin-off, that it will be a good show and NOT a Men In Black rip-off.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 4:44 pm

Jory wrote:
This exists but we can't get a Gotham Central show... :?

If Time/Warner/DC was smart, they'd use their network to introduce characters for a JLA movie...

They have all the same tools and resources that Disney/Marvel/ABC has. Maybe they will watch and learn how to use them.

Gotham Central would be a good show, and a way to reintroduce a more JLA friendly Batman but keep him in the background.

Last edited by GoonSquad on 14 May 2013, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 4:48 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Agent Coulson {Clark Gregg from The Avengers} will likely have to be cloned in order to bring him back to life.

I do have high hopes for the S-H-I-E-L-D spin-off, that it will be a good show and NOT a Men In Black rip-off.

The speculation I've heard is that Nick Fury faked Coulson's death to motivate/unite/manipulate the Avengers.

I might need to go back and watch the movie again to see if that works... Chores, chores... a geeks work is never done. :wink:

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

14 May 2013, 5:12 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

The speculation I've heard is that Nick Fury faked Coulson's death to motivate/unite/manipulate the Avengers.

I might need to go back and watch the movie again to see if that works... Chores, chores... a geeks work is never done. :wink:
It is possible.
He got stabbed in the lower region of his upper body, so no heart or lung. The last time you see him is when he shoots Loki through the wall.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 6:08 pm

As much as I like Coulson, it's kind of sad that comic book adaptations are now falling victim to one of the worst aspects of comic books themselves: bending over backwards to come up with cockamamie explanations for why characters who were killed are alive again. Comic book movies typically avoid this type of crap and kill people off for good, moving on to other characters and letting the deceased wait for the inevitable reboot to be portrayed again.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 6:36 pm

Also, there is the possibility that Cobie Smulders {Agent Maria Hill} might make appearances on the show and may become a regular once that crap show known as How I Met Your Mother ends next season.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 5:28 am

Well, I know what I'm going to be doing on Tuesday nights. :D

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Redstar2613
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2013, 7:50 am

I didn't even know this was a thing. That's awesome! Any word on whether Samuel L Jackson will be in it at all?

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 11:49 am

Jory wrote:
Comic book movies typically avoid this type of crap and kill people off for good, moving on to other characters and letting the deceased wait for the inevitable reboot to be portrayed again.

I think this'll be the case. Whedon is kinda known for killing off likeable characters.

Redstar2613
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2013, 1:37 pm

mds_02 wrote:
Jory wrote:
Comic book movies typically avoid this type of crap and kill people off for good, moving on to other characters and letting the deceased wait for the inevitable reboot to be portrayed again.

I think this'll be the case. Whedon is kinda known for killing off likeable characters.

Very true but he doesn't usually bring them back. I think the reason Phil's back is because people already know him and it'll help make the show feel more connected to The Avengers. I'd say that anyone else who may die in this show wouldn't be coming back.

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 5:59 pm

Redstar2613 wrote:
I didn't even know this was a thing. That's awesome! Any word on whether Samuel L Jackson will be in it at all?

I suspect they will keep Nick Fury in the social media. AKA texting, calling, e-mailing people in the show. Perhaps a rare guest starring. That way they can keep a keystone character for Shield, and not have to pay Samuel L Jackson an obscene paycheck for every episode. Just my theory.

Does anyone know what date the show will primere?

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 7:41 pm

Loved this trailer, and I'm a big Whedon fan, so I'm pretty excited.

"It means someone really wanted our initials to spell SHIELD."