Page 86 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 93  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 8:37 pm

I'm still hopeful for a second season. There's been a lot of rumours for it lately.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 12:04 am

It's been officially announced in the manga.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 1:56 am

The first forum I ever joined as a Yu-Gi-Oh! one, So long ago man..

I've moved on from that but I still really like anime. I will have far too much of my dork showing if I say more xD

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 2:44 am

Hopefully as far as sequels go, if still with KyoAni, it will be better than Free! Season 3, with the addition that Tsurune was also not very good.

Wait, have I talked about the new shows of this season? The Winter 2019 anime season.

Probably the highest acclaimed show of the season is The Promised Neverland. It works a bit off of twists, but it should be rather easy to pick up that it is a bit of a horror anime, and does so with a young cast, despite the fact that it is also a shounen anime, actually coming from Shounen Jump. It has been good, and people were excited for it.

The Rising Shield Hero also has some attention as pretty good, although a little bit of controversy with inclusions of delicate subjects, like false accusations and slavery. I do think it is good though, in such of how it doesn't feel like it takes the easy path of destined heroes, there being grey areas and maybe some bits of look of what should be expected of heroes.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War didn't appeal to me too much at first, but as it went on I have found it more and more funny. The basic premise is president and vice-president of an elite school think the other should date them (like each other), but both think that whoever confesses first will be in the lower rung of the relationship, so they have ridiculous games of trying to get the other to confess. In practice it is pretty funny, my favourite character being the third character a girl who has no idea but acts as a major wild card.

ENDRO! is maybe not the most exciting, but it is a cute, fun and easy fantasy show, that has done things a little different each episode, so it has felt creative.

My Roommate is a Cat has been a cute, funny and even thoughtful show about having a pet, and has managed to do it without being too sappy.

Meiji Tokyo Renka is a new reverse harem anime, and although it has had some troubling elements of the genre, I don't think it has been all bad. For me, these types of shows live and die by their heroine, whether she has agency for her situation, how she may react to guys forcing themselves on her, and if she actually has a personality or not. Mei does have a personality, with her own needs and desires (mostly around food, and being nice), with the most recent episode I think doing the best when sought out training.

I guess that the likes of WATATEN!: an Angel Flew Down on Me isn't going to be very popular, after all it could be described as being part of the loli genre, despite being pretty harmless. Sure on paper it sounds troubling that an adult emotionally stunted woman seems to have something like a crush on her sisters friend, but it has been pretty humorous in practice, and not as creepy as it may sound.

And there is Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka, which as cute as that sounds the magical girls are pretty much being treated like soldiers. It is actually pretty serious, with horrific things like gruesome death and PTSD.

There are plenty of noticeable sequels this season too, with the likes of Mob Psycho 100 season 2, Kemono Friends 2, and Date Alive III.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 2:44 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
It's been officially announced in the manga.

Yippee!! !! :D

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 4:10 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Hopefully as far as sequels go, if still with KyoAni, it will be better than Free! Season 3, with the addition that Tsurune was also not very good.

Wait, have I talked about the new shows of this season? The Winter 2019 anime season.

Probably the highest acclaimed show of the season is The Promised Neverland. It works a bit off of twists, but it should be rather easy to pick up that it is a bit of a horror anime, and does so with a young cast, despite the fact that it is also a shounen anime, actually coming from Shounen Jump. It has been good, and people were excited for it.

The Rising Shield Hero also has some attention as pretty good, although a little bit of controversy with inclusions of delicate subjects, like false accusations and slavery. I do think it is good though, in such of how it doesn't feel like it takes the easy path of destined heroes, there being grey areas and maybe some bits of look of what should be expected of heroes.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War didn't appeal to me too much at first, but as it went on I have found it more and more funny. The basic premise is president and vice-president of an elite school think the other should date them (like each other), but both think that whoever confesses first will be in the lower rung of the relationship, so they have ridiculous games of trying to get the other to confess. In practice it is pretty funny, my favourite character being the third character a girl who has no idea but acts as a major wild card.

ENDRO! is maybe not the most exciting, but it is a cute, fun and easy fantasy show, that has done things a little different each episode, so it has felt creative.

My Roommate is a Cat has been a cute, funny and even thoughtful show about having a pet, and has managed to do it without being too sappy.

Meiji Tokyo Renka is a new reverse harem anime, and although it has had some troubling elements of the genre, I don't think it has been all bad. For me, these types of shows live and die by their heroine, whether she has agency for her situation, how she may react to guys forcing themselves on her, and if she actually has a personality or not. Mei does have a personality, with her own needs and desires (mostly around food, and being nice), with the most recent episode I think doing the best when sought out training.

I guess that the likes of WATATEN!: an Angel Flew Down on Me isn't going to be very popular, after all it could be described as being part of the loli genre, despite being pretty harmless. Sure on paper it sounds troubling that an adult emotionally stunted woman seems to have something like a crush on her sisters friend, but it has been pretty humorous in practice, and not as creepy as it may sound.

And there is Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka, which as cute as that sounds the magical girls are pretty much being treated like soldiers. It is actually pretty serious, with horrific things like gruesome death and PTSD.

There are plenty of noticeable sequels this season too, with the likes of Mob Psycho 100 season 2, Kemono Friends 2, and Date Alive III.

I am watching a couple of those. I would recommend adding Dororo to that list

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 5:15 pm

I watched Made in Abyss, and I was conquered to it right at episode 1 ending.

That anime is not for the faint of heart, however.

AlbertPisa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Feb 2019, 3:07 am

I mean if you want a marathon that will emotionally drain you

Grave of the Fireflies
Anohana
Your Lie in April
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2019, 11:09 am

^Don't forget Clannad.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

05 Mar 2019, 3:44 pm

AlbertPisa wrote:

Grave of the Fireflies
Anohana
Your Lie in April
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Re: Your Lie in April: I'm also working on a fic called His Lie in April, an alternate retelling of the story. It's still a work in progress ATM. When it's done, I hope you all like it.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 11:17 am

I am a pretty vocal critic against Your Lie in April. I found the main female character to be very abusive, not only in a physical manner but an emotional kind. Where she assumes she knows what is best, does the exact same things his abusive mother did, including getting involved in the first place when she would have known. And yet the series at the end kind of tries to redeem the horrible things his mother did, and treats the heroine as just the greatest who knew what he needed despite the fact they were all sorts of things of her preying on his guilt and other emotional manipulation, all actually for herself in the end. Some people found it beautiful, but I found it sick, where thoughtlessly glorified a bunch of things it should not have.

For better examples of things. If you want a show that tackled depression in a really good way, check out March comes in like a lion, it too can be an emotional rollercoaster at times, but is never cheap with tragedy. It treats the subject as not something that can be fixed quickly, being very complex, and very helped by supportive people. The main character even looks similar.

If particularly interested in drama of artists, like being total naturals or not, and such, I give a recommendation of The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. It is a little on the ecchi side in places, but despite its kind of happy go lucky, it gets kind of deep into the doing what you love subject. Extra points for the main female character most certainly being on the spectrum.

As for thinking of more recent stuff that could emotionally drain you, I can think of Made in Abyss, especially towards the end, School Live (be okay with horror, but don't look anything up), and I had to remind myself a bit but Sukasuka.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2019, 7:50 pm

I watched The Disastrous Life Of Saiki K recently. Apparently it was a manga first before being made into an Anime series. They certainly don't try to hide this fact, and often make jokes such as "Wait, who's that? Oh, just a bunch of characters from the manga that didn't make it into the anime. Oh well, I'm sure the animators had their reasons". :lol: The complete detachment of the main character made for an amusing time.

Little Witch Academia was alright.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

07 Mar 2019, 8:58 pm

equestriatola wrote:
AlbertPisa wrote:

Grave of the Fireflies
Anohana
Your Lie in April
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Re: Your Lie in April: I'm also working on a fic called His Lie in April, an alternate retelling of the story. It's still a work in progress ATM. When it's done, I hope you all like it.

Re: My fanfic: I'll post a thread on it in the Art, Writing, and Music section of this forum.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

KingExplosionMurder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Mar 2019, 1:30 pm

Some I've watched/am currently watching are:

Madoka Magica
Squid Girl (Shinryaku! Ika musume)
Angel Beats
Ouran High School Host Club
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
Dororo
Tsuritama
Princess Tutu
Norigami
Mermaid Melody
Inuyasha
Osomatsu-San!
Fruits Basket
Koe No Katachi
Watamote
Beryl and Sapphire (Xiao Lu He Xaio Lan)
Dokyuusei
Death Note
Free!
Haikyuu! (which i never finished watching)
Devilman Crybaby

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 3:36 pm

KingExplosionMurder wrote:
Some I've watched/am currently watching are:

Madoka Magica
Squid Girl (Shinryaku! Ika musume)
Angel Beats
Ouran High School Host Club
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
Dororo
Tsuritama
Princess Tutu
Norigami
Mermaid Melody
Inuyasha
Osomatsu-San!
Fruits Basket
Koe No Katachi
Watamote
Beryl and Sapphire (Xiao Lu He Xaio Lan)
Dokyuusei
Death Note
Free!
Haikyuu! (which i never finished watching)
Devilman Crybaby

Love my squid though squid is also very tasty. Need to watch season 3 of Haikyuu. Now own the first two seasons.

SadGhost
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Apr 2019, 7:38 pm

I'm a huge anime fan, but I have the hardest time finishing series. I often start an anime, really get into it, and then get distracted by another and put it on-hold. I don't usually show people my MyAnimeList because I'm embarrassed to show how many series I have "to watch" or "on-hold". Anime I have completed range from under-the-radar niche series, to current anime, and a few classics. I'm about to watch Cowboy Bebop for the first time, since I kept putting it off.