Veteran

10 Apr 2024, 10:30 am

https://www.thedailybeast.com/francis-f ... alypse-now

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2024, 9:57 am

Interesting article.
There were two things that I found interesting, that reflect how information is past on and how we interpret it. These two quotes -

Francis Ford Coppola Responds to ‘Megalopolis’ Uproar: Exactly What Happened With ‘Apocalypse Now’ by Helen Holmes wrote:
“It’s so not good, and it was so sad watching it,” one anonymous studio head went so far as to say, according to The Hollywood Reporter. “There is just no way to position this movie,” another distributor added.

That doesn't sound good.

Then later, the article has -
Francis Ford Coppola Responds to ‘Megalopolis’ Uproar: Exactly What Happened With ‘Apocalypse Now’ by Helen Holmes wrote:
“I am on schedule and on budget,” Coppola told Deadline in January 2023. “These reports never say who these sources are. To them, I say, ha, ha, just wait and see.”

I honest don't think the author of the piece intended for this to be a callback to the previous quote. I could be wrong.

However, I am now interested in seeing Megalopolis. I believe he is great director, but I have not followed what he is doing. Thank you for posted the article Honey69.

Unrelated to the actual photoplay, I have not seen images of Francis Ford Coppola since his beard turned gray, but also his hair looks completely gray. Okay, he is older (85 as of April 11, 2024), but I found it difficult to recognize him at first. I looked up more pictures of him, and it makes better sense in my brain.