Real life celebrities who have or probably have Aspergers

Page 1 of 11 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 4:56 pm

I thought this would be apropriate since we have a thread for imaginary characters on the spectrum.

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 12:30 pm

Is nobody posting suggestions because they can't think of any, or because they don't want to speculate?
Please post suggestions of real life people who have or may have Aspergers.

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 2:34 pm

I really don't like to speculate, especially considering I'm not a trained psychologist and I've never actually met a celebrity (besides Alex Jones, and I'd have to say he's more paranoid schizophrenic than anything).

But I have heard rumors that Darryl Hannah is autistic, and that would not surprise me if it were true. I remember seeing her on a talk show once and thinking there was something not right about her.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 2:41 pm

Mage wrote:
I really don't like to speculate, especially considering I'm not a trained psychologist and I've never actually met a celebrity (besides Alex Jones, and I'd have to say he's more paranoid schizophrenic than anything).

But I have heard rumors that Darryl Hannah is autistic, and that would not surprise me if it were true. I remember seeing her on a talk show once and thinking there was something not right about her.

I have to agree, I am sure if a famous person wanted to make it public that they have AS they would have done so, their health issues are their own business.

Sling
Toucan
Toucan

01 Oct 2008, 5:42 am

Patrick Moore.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2008, 9:14 am

Dan Aykroyd supposedly has it.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 12:53 am

Mage wrote:

Darryl Hannah has Asperger's. My mom saw her on a talk show and she said that she does. So does someone in Pink Floyd. I remember reading an accout from someone who knew Dave Matthews personaly (or someone with a simmaliar name) saying that he has AS.

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2008, 9:42 am

I was kinda going by this blurb in her bio page on IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000435/bio

"As a child Daryl was so shy that at one point she was diagnosed as borderline autistic. Even today she says she likes to just sit in a corner & observe people."

So there probably wasn't any diagnosis Asperger's when she was diagnosed in the 70s/80s but if she was a child in the '00s that might have been the case.

Of course you always have to take IMDB info with a grain of salt, but I'm not about to argue with it since it does kind of make sense when seeing her.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 11:04 pm

I've wondered lately whether Paul Simon might be an Aspie. His song "I Am A Rock" and his many songs about difficulty communicating sound like they were written by someone with AS. Also, he often seems very ill at ease onstage.

Just speculation.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2008, 10:05 pm

Steven Speilberg and Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of "Pokemon", are diagnosed with it. Maybe George Lucas has it?

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 12:00 am

This is who Wikipedia lists.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 6:40 pm

Roger Bannister

rhs
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2008, 6:55 pm

Mage wrote:

I met her before...maybe...

Meowpurr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Oct 2008, 5:05 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtL_UVqjbxU[/youtube]

Meowpurr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Oct 2008, 5:22 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qQkozkn8Cc[/youtube]