Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 4:17 pm

It had Denzel Washington in it and was about a terrorist attack which he had to investigate. The film features a rather bizarre technology that allows him to travel back in time to foil the attack.

Anyway, I liked the film but I wonder about that technology and whether they described it enough to be credible.

It is a bit like Source Code. I liked that film too but didn't think the technology was credible, but I just dismissed my concerns and enjoyed the film.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2014, 3:44 pm

Has no one seen this film?

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 5:25 pm

Saw it, I felt like I'd seen the film before somewhere :lol:

Time travel is impossible. Lots of things get in the way including Einstein's familiar E=MC^2 (it takes staggering amounts of energy) and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle which covers the movement of particles and their direction.

Having said that, I have a bookshelf of SF books that include numerous time travel stories and I still enjoy them.

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2014, 8:53 pm

I don't remember much of Deja Vu.

Eccles_the_Mighty wrote:
Saw it, I felt like I'd seen the film before somewhere :lol:

Time travel is impossible. Lots of things get in the way including Einstein's familiar E=MC^2 (it takes staggering amounts of energy) and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle which covers the movement of particles and their direction.

Having said that, I have a bookshelf of SF books that include numerous time travel stories and I still enjoy them.

Supposedly there are certain subatomic particles that do it all the time.

This is the best time travel novel I've read. The author gets around a lot of the issues of time travel by the use of parallel universes.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 4:49 am

I think it is impossible to travel back in time. I think time is the great force in the universe that we will never manipulate.

But I love stories about it too. Deja Vu had a good plot and I was glad he saved the girl.