Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 7:53 pm

Anyone have any comment inspired by the - recent - death of Ann B. Davis , best known as " Alice " , the maid on THE BRADY BUNCH ~ but who also won two Emmys for her supporting character " Schultzy " on the 50s BOB CUMMINGS SHOW/LOVE THAT BOB ! ?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 7:55 pm

I always liked Alice and her repartee with the Butcher.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 8:16 pm

Ann B. Davis ("Alice") was always fun to watch. Same with Robert Reed ("Mike") and Florence Henderson ("Carol").

The kids, however, not so much. Even though I wasn't even a tween when The Brady Bunch was broadcast, I always recoiled from the overacting of Barry Williams ("Greg"). He seemed to be the missing "Wild and Crazy Guy." In his mind, he was the star of the show. Maureen McCormick ("Marcia") was too hormonal for my tastes. Eve Plumb ("Jan"), too. Christopher Knight ("Peter"), Mike Lookinland ("Bobby") and Susan Olsen ("Cindy") were pretty good at their roles, however. Mike and I ended up as two of just five students in the first year of the University of Utah's new Film Department. He ended up being calm and laid back despite a DUI charge, while his on-screen big brother, Barry, was writing and singing his way through his cringe-worthy "Return of Johnny Bravo" period. Ouch.

And, what happened with Robbie Rist ("Cousin Oliver"), "Tiger" the dog and "Sam" the Butcher?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 8:26 pm

...When I posted about this on another board , I found out that the Sam actor had died already .
I recently saw a very early TBB episode , only th3e second or third IIRC --- Ann B. Davis in fact had top billing above everybody else and , remember , in that famed title sequence tshe is the last head to appear , in the center of the screen , with everybody's eyes turning to her .
Was the show originally planned as being more about her , perhaps before the kids' chemistry took it over , more or less ?
Aspi , how old are you ?
I'd like to go to film school , if I can :cry ever rise from my homelessness + infection + lost records to ever be able to go at all ~ and not die , alone , in the hills while asleep one cold night :( : .
What if , after TBB had ended , some 70s or 80s producer had wanted Ann for a new HAZEL series ?
Was she still living in a sort of " planned community " (" Don't call it a commune ! !! ") of a Christian nature at the time of her death ?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 8:30 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...Aspi , how old are you ?

I am in my 50s, Mike was (is) a year older.

Yeah, I had heard that Ann B. Davis was a resident at some kind of lay-clerical Episcopal Church facility. I hesitate to call it a monastery, but it could have been. Like with Mike and Ann, I admire actors who can pivot 180 degrees from complete fame to doing something they love instead.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 8:47 pm

...When (if ever) DX'd ?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 9:02 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...When (if ever) DX'd ?

Me? Screened in January 2014.

If not me, sorry.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2014, 5:10 pm

..." Screened " is different from " DX'd " ? Yes , I meant you .

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2014, 5:18 pm

ASS-P wrote:
..." Screened " is different from " DX'd " ? Yes , I meant you .

The five University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre tests that I completed have been called "screening" tests, not diagnostic tests. There is no standardized and approved diagnostic test for Asperger's Syndrome in adultsin the United States. So, my screening-test results are as close as I can find to diagnostic tests.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2014, 12:22 pm

amen