Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 3:22 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
Do you miss cable TV just a little bit. I liked the familiarity of scheduling shows rather than watching them at my own time. When do you think cable TV will go extinct? Instead of "regular" TV going extinct, why can't it just change?

You do know that if you want to watch shows on a schedule, you can use your TIVO to record it or however else you obtain the programming and afterwards watch on any schedule that you set - if you want to watch Big Bang Theory at 8PM on Wednesdays, or 9AM on Saturdays, or mix it up from time to time, or just watch it whenever on a whim, you can do it. No one is forcing you to not have the rigors or a routine of a schedule.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 1:05 pm

I don't really watch too much tv. However, the shows I do watch, are on cable, so I do care. Everything else, I have on dvd.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 7:06 pm

I remember that back in the 80s and 90s, every cable channel was unique and would air different genres of shows. Now today, almost all of them are airing dramas and crappy reality TV shows. Yes there are some great cable TV dramas today, but all cable channels have LOST their uniqueness. I don't find any reality TV shows interesting at all.

AMC: Aired only classic movies before time of Mad Men and Breaking Bad

A&E, Discovery, TLC and Bravo: Aired science, history, art, cooking and crafts shows.

TBS and TNT: Aired classic cartoons and TV shows

VH1 and MTV: Aired only music videos

History and Animal Planet: Self-explanatory

TVLand: Aired all classic shows

I haven't been watching lots of TV for the past few years. Now I'm watching American Ninja Warrior, Naked and Afraid, and am looking forward to Gotham!