Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 9:02 pm

Something I'm Sick of Hearing: "The Deadliest Warrior was cancelled too late because the last episode was about vampires fighting zombies."

I Disagree. The show was cancelled to early. They could have done dinosaurs vs. aliens. They could have done robots vs. dragons. It would have been the best show ever.

Yeah, The Deadliest Warrior was full of historical inaccuracies ... but it was funny. Right?

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 1:49 pm

Sure, there were a whole lot of historical inaccuracies, but I also loved that show. There was still an endless array of warriors from around the world they could have matched up against each other. For instance, they could have had Frankish warrior vs Sioux warrior, or Assyrian warrior vs Zulu warrior, just to name a couple scenarios.

murmillo99
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Aug 2015, 4:01 pm

The show was a bunch of pseudo science with way too much bias. Nearly every episode I stomached made me angry. It did for history what the movie "Wanted" did for physics.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 7:26 pm

I liked the episode with Shaka Zulu in it just because Shaka was cool.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2015, 4:06 pm

I found only the beginnings and the endings to be interesting. Everything in between was just boring stuff with pig carcasses and men arguing over who would win.

And if people thought the show was historically inaccurate, they should see the video game with Joan of Arc. At least in the show she looked like a young girl wearing men's armor. In the game she's an adult and a lot less realistically proportioned. Go figure.

But the show wasn't half as bad as a lot of the pseudo science slop they have on History and Discovery now, like Shark Week, which just exploits people's fears of a creature who'd usually the one who's really in danger of humans, and some stupid stunt where they lied that some guy was going to let himself be swallowed by an anaconda, which was not only animal cruelty but he didn't even do it. :thumbdown:

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2015, 2:25 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Sure, there were a whole lot of historical inaccuracies, but I also loved that show. There was still an endless array of warriors from around the world they could have matched up against each other. For instance, they could have had Frankish warrior vs Sioux warrior, or Assyrian warrior vs Zulu warrior, just to name a couple scenarios.

I also appreciated the racial diversity on the show. There was something charming about a show that takes warriors from all over the world and turns them into 80's style action heroes.

For me, the show was like pro wrestling. I knew it was fake and I didn't care.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2015, 8:03 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I also appreciated the racial diversity on the show. There was something charming about a show that takes warriors from all over the world and turns them into 80's style action heroes.

For me, the show was like pro wrestling. I knew it was fake and I didn't care.

I agree, absolutely! :D

catherinewalker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Aug 2015, 6:45 am

Nearly every episode I stomached made me angry. It did for history what the movie "Wanted" did for physics.