Page 1093 of 1263 [ 20197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1090, 1091, 1092, 1093, 1094, 1095, 1096 ... 1263  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 9:14 pm

Axeman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Spiderman: No Way Home.

In an attempt to make people forget that Peter Parker is Spiderman, Dr. Strange accidentally causes everyone who knew him as Spiderman to come into their dimension - which means Dr. Octopus, Sandman, the Lizard, Electro, and the Green Goblin. But also the two other Spidermen from other parts of the multiverse. Knowing that sending these villains back would be a death sentence for most of them, Peter instead tries to help them become normal people again. But no good deed goes unpunished.
Very enjoyable movie.

This was a FANTASTIC movie. Successfully brought in the whole on screen Spider verse and juggled lots of characters well. It even had a cameo by Dare Devil (Peters blind lawyer) and brought Venom into the MCU. If you haven't seen Wanda Vision and What If you may want to do that before seeing this.

8) Indeed!

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 9:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Spiderman: No Way Home.

In an attempt to make people forget that Peter Parker is Spiderman, Dr. Strange accidentally causes everyone who knew him as Spiderman to come into their dimension - which means Dr. Octopus, Sandman, the Lizard, Electro, and the Green Goblin. But also the two other Spidermen from other parts of the multiverse. Knowing that sending these villains back would be a death sentence for most of them, Peter instead tries to help them become normal people again. But no good deed goes unpunished.
Very enjoyable movie.

This was a FANTASTIC movie. Successfully brought in the whole on screen Spider verse and juggled lots of characters well. It even had a cameo by Dare Devil (Peters blind lawyer) and brought Venom into the MCU. If you haven't seen Wanda Vision and What If you may want to do that before seeing this.

8) Indeed!

I'm no longer worried about Phase Four. Loki and Wanda Vision and Falcon and Winter Soldier were all good and Black Widow and Five Rings and Hawkeye aren't terrible. Only Eternals is bad so far.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 9:30 am

Hellboy.
i really like this film from the 2000s

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 10:05 am

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Hellboy.
i really like this film from the 2000s
It's a good flick, so is its sequel: Hellboy II: The Golden Army [2008]. It's not bad.

Pausing for effect, then...

Last night we watched:

Ron's Gone Wrong [2021]

It was OK.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 5:26 pm

Home Alone

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 10:06 am

Cold Pursuit
Very quirky and interesting. I liked it.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 10:37 am

Last night we watched:

A Tuna Christmas [1996]

It is an original Tony award-winning cast recreation of their two-man Broadway play. It is GOOD!

(But maybe see Greater Tuna [1984] first. Same concept, same cast, same fun to watch.)

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 3:17 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
Home Alone

A holiday classic. One of my childhood favs

FrankStein
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Dec 2021, 3:38 pm

I just, by accident, watched something on Netflix here called "Hand of God." I was more and more involved and moved as it went along. I just read the review in the NY Times that the director is famous and this is one of his best.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 12:06 am

The Spirit of '76

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 2:26 am

Tried watching Dear Mr. Watterson, a documentary about Calvin and Hobbes, but it was awful. Just pointless and braindead.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 9:35 am

Die hard 2
Pretty decent

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 10:43 am

X2
X men united
Very good

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 11:43 am

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Die hard 2
Pretty decent

The edited version for TV is way more entertaining. They say "rascals," instead of "bast****," and "bullspit," instead of "BS."

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 3:18 pm

Uncle Buck
great fun.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 5:14 pm

HighLlama wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Die hard 2
Pretty decent

The edited version for TV is way more entertaining. They say "rascals," instead of "bast****," and "bullspit," instead of "BS."

Well, what'd you expect from an R-rated film that freely drops F-bombs and S-bombs in a real version? But yeah, I hear ye.

I've watched the unedited version of the PG-13 rated Rush Hour a while back. And, while I distain the characters dropping a lot of S-bombs (especially from Chris Tucker's character), the movie's pretty darn hilarious.