Page 1082 of 1263 [ 20198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1079, 1080, 1081, 1082, 1083, 1084, 1085 ... 1263  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 3:34 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
The last movie I watched was Bordello of Blood.

What is your opinion?

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 3:40 pm

Last night we watched:

Cell [2016]
-=-"When everyone is connected no one is safe"

Usually I like some comedy stirred in with my horror. This had no comedy but it had based-on-a-novel-by Stephen King horror. It was sort of a zombie apocalypse kind of thing but they weren't zombies. Cell phones had unexplainedly taken control of them.

Thanks to good performances by John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson it was quiet watchable, tolerable though not great, and the story was adequate--but did not go anywhere. This movie would be a reasonable choice to fill one hundred otherwise empty minutes.

P.S. Despite how it sounds, this movie is not hard Science Fiction. It is hardly Science Fiction.

AliceCooper
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Nov 2021, 6:50 pm

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 7:07 pm

The Exorcist, director's cut

Wow. Just wow. A work of art.

Also, I was shocked at the last lines when the two priests decide to go to the cinema:

- What's playing?

- How about Wuthering Heights, with Jackie Gleason and Lucille Ball?

:twisted:

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 8:02 am

Platoon
Good Stone film

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 8:07 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
The Exorcist, director's cut

Wow. Just wow. A work of art.

Also, I was shocked at the last lines when the two priests decide to go to the cinema:

- What's playing?

- How about Wuthering Heights, with Jackie Gleason and Lucille Ball?

:twisted:

I was shocked that anyone would turn that dry terrible novel into a film and or pay to see it.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 12:30 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
The last movie I watched was Bordello of Blood.

What is your opinion?

It was horrible.....very corny and not real well done but I wanted to see it ever see it ever since the 90's.But I did enjoy some of Angie Everhart's performance.But I could of done without some of the other stuff.It was one of the most low-quality movies I ever watched.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 4:10 am

The Spore.

Horror movie told in different vignettes, where a fungous spreads throughout the country, agonizingly killing and altering the DNA of humans into monsters. Very disturbing but good low budget film.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 8:49 am

The Next Karate Kid
Hilary Swank is good in this.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 3:21 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Alt-Right: Age Of Rage.

Very worthwhile documentary exploring the white supremacy movement trying to repackage itself as the Alt-Right in order to achieve social respectability they so crave, but hardly deserve. Their intellectual leadership are still bigots and racists, but less crude than the Neo-Nazis, KKK, or skinheads of the past, as they try to paint themselves to be an endangered minority.

Seems like a good one indeed worth a watch. Next week in my class is an examination of hypocrisy as exposed by the early writers of classic American literature (like William Apess and Henry David Thoreau), in fact I may mention this one during class discussion.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 5:04 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Alt-Right: Age Of Rage.

Very worthwhile documentary exploring the white supremacy movement trying to repackage itself as the Alt-Right in order to achieve social respectability they so crave, but hardly deserve. Their intellectual leadership are still bigots and racists, but less crude than the Neo-Nazis, KKK, or skinheads of the past, as they try to paint themselves to be an endangered minority.

Seems like a good one indeed worth a watch. Next week in my class is an examination of hypocrisy as exposed by the early writers of classic American literature (like William Apess and Henry David Thoreau), in fact I may mention this one during class discussion.

8)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 6:49 pm

AliceCooper wrote:

What is your opinion?

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 7:09 pm

We just watched:

Repo! The Genetic Opera [2008]
-=-"Not Your Parent's Opera" That is so true!

A strange movie that is interesting to watch. My bride got it for me and I agree it fits into our collection quite well.

Overall, I tend not to like most singing performances--of any kind. This movie is a rare exception! And while there were several in the cast whose vocal performances I have a high opinion of I think I especially liked the vocal performance by costar Terrance Zdunich. Who was also responsible for some of the artwork that told part of the story in comic book style. And he co-wrote the screenplay and the play it was based on, and a lot of the music and lyrics in it. Oh, he was an Associate Producer, too.

IMDb offers this quote from him: "I believe firmly that there is an audience for Repo!, and they're called Goths. "

Trivia: The film earned Paris Hilton a Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actress. (I don't see it, though. The movie was strange enough that I think she just blended in!)

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 8:45 pm

Crypt of the Living Dead

Dreadful low budget vampire film from the early 1970s. The tomb of a woman called Hannah is opened on a Mediterranean island, and she wreaks some fairly predictable havoc for around 70 minutes, before meeting an equally predictable, though spectacular, demise.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 8:17 am

Deep Impact
Pretty good.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 8:06 pm

The Deadly Bees

A British film made in 1966 by the Amicus studio, which was a sort of inferior rival to Hammer during that decade. It stars Suzanna Leigh, who had just made a name for herself as Elvis Presley's co-star in Paradise, Hawaiian Style. She also went on to appear in a number of Hammer films, notably The Lost Continent and Lust For A Vampire.

Here she plays a stressed out pop singer who goes to a secluded island to recuperate, and gets mixed up in a crazy story about killer bees. Not always easy to follow what's going on, but the villain turns out to be a person who bears a remarkable resemblance to a character Peter Cook used to play around this time. The film ends with a trope that will also be familiar to Hammer fans, namely the baddy's house being consumed in flames.

https://youtu.be/6WtsPe06W9s