Page 975 of 1263 [ 20200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 972, 973, 974, 975, 976, 977, 978 ... 1263  Next

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 12:35 pm

Jurassic World
A fun little gem.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 7:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell.

Hammer Horror production of the further adventures of Victor Frankenstein and his current monster. Living now in a hospital for the criminally insane after faking his death, Victor Frankenstein has a new assistant in bringing back a monster with the body of an insane murderer and a suicidal violinist. The monster is by far the most sympathetic character. Starring Star Wars veterans Peter Cushing and David Prowse.

I remember when this film was originally released in the 1970s. Famous Monsters of Filmland featured an article about it. I never saw it. What did you think of the film?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 7:26 pm

pcgoblin wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Hammer Horror production of the further adventures of Victor Frankenstein and his current monster. Living now in a hospital for the criminally insane after faking his death, Victor Frankenstein has a new assistant in bringing back a monster with the body of an insane murderer and a suicidal violinist. The monster is by far the most sympathetic character. Starring Star Wars veterans Peter Cushing and David Prowse.

I remember when this film was originally released in the 1970s. Famous Monsters of Filmland featured an article about it. I never saw it. What did you think of the film?

Well, it was a Hammer horror film. Not always the best acting or story telling, and some pretty unbelievable scientific theories even for a B horror flick. Still, it was extremely fun. The first time I saw it at a drive-in as a little kid, David Prowse as the monster scared the poop out of me. Today, I found him extremely sympathetic.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 9:14 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
pcgoblin wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well, it was a Hammer horror film. Not always the best acting or story telling, and some pretty unbelievable scientific theories even for a B horror flick. Still, it was extremely fun. The first time I saw it at a drive-in as a little kid, David Prowse as the monster scared the poop out of me. Today, I found him extremely sympathetic.

Interesting. I love when opinions change on films and characters. As we age we become more wise.

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jun 2020, 11:04 am

Recently streamed Detective Pikachu and Sonic The Hedgehog.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 12:22 pm

Arlington Road

I liked it, the end surprised me

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 1:01 pm

AlanSmithee wrote:

What are your opinions?

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jun 2020, 5:42 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
AlanSmithee wrote:
What are your opinions?
:thumleft: to both.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2020, 10:23 am

AlanSmithee wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
AlanSmithee wrote:
What are your opinions?
:thumleft: to both.

agreed according to my nephew. He loved them both.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2020, 12:54 pm

HighLlama wrote:
Clerks
Mallrats
Chasing Amy
Dogma
Manhattan
Annie Hall
Sideways

What are your opinions?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2020, 4:19 pm

Arkansas.

First rate crime movie with comedic moments. Two southern criminals are given the cover of junior park rangers in an organized crime drug pipeline, when their boss, the park ranger, is murdered. At a loss of what to do, they believe inaction will keep them from being killed by higher up criminals, only to find that they're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2020, 8:16 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
pcgoblin wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

As I'm always going on about Hammer films in this forum, I may as well add a thought or two.

This was always my least favourite of their Frankenstein movies, partly because of the rather unconvincing and even ridiculous appearance of the monster. On rewatching it though (on a rather poor recording from the Horror Channel), I at least found the story quite entertaining. Interesting how the Baron and his assistant get away scot free at the end, which would never have happened a decade earlier, nor would that scene where the inmates rip the monster to shreds have ever got past the censor.

This was Hammer's last Frankenstein film, and the last movie ever directed by the legendary Terence Fisher. The studio was really struggling by 1974, having lost most of their key personnel from the 1960s glory days and with financial backing drying up. They only produced a handful more films before folding in 1979.

David Prowse, the man who played Darth Vader and was the monster in this film, also appeared in a British road safety advert in 1976.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2020, 10:35 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Arkansas.

First rate crime movie with comedic moments. Two southern criminals are given the cover of junior park rangers in an organized crime drug pipeline, when their boss, the park ranger, is murdered. At a loss of what to do, they believe inaction will keep them from being killed by higher up criminals, only to find that they're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Sounds good.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2020, 3:38 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Arkansas.

Sounds good.

I highly recommend it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2020, 7:20 pm

across the universe. interesting amalgam of new age and hippie that exists in some vague alternate timeline next to our familiar one. listening to the soundtrack CD, the songs absolutely fall flat outside of the visual context of the movie.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2020, 5:05 am

Lost Highway