Page 1181 of 1263 [ 20198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1178, 1179, 1180, 1181, 1182, 1183, 1184 ... 1263  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 5:19 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Out of sight.
fun

Is that the one that has George Clooney & Julia Roberts in it? :?
Or am I mistaking this film for something else? :?

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 9:43 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Out of sight.
fun

Is that the one that has George Clooney & Julia Roberts in it? :?
Or am I mistaking this film for something else? :?

It has Clooney and Jennifer Lopez

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 2:12 pm

Slumber Party Massacre II (1987)

On Comet TV. It followed Slumber Party Massacre, which I did not watch.

So many silly movies. This one features a Rockabilly... ?demon? ... with a snazzy electric guitar with drill for the guitar neck. He seems bent on terrorizing one member of an all female '80s rock group, making everyone else believe she is drugged out (diet pills) or crazy. Meanwhile, LET'S PLAY POP ROCK MUSIC AND HAVE FUN! WOOOOOO! Towards the end of the film, he makes his presence known to everyone, and the horror breaks out!

It was written and directed by Deborah Brock. I have not heard of her until now. She directed Rock and Roll Highschool Forever, which I've heard referenced, but I've never seen it. She started making movies when she was 15. That speaks to some passion. This is the first film listed in her director/writing history. I don't know how old she was when she made this.

Executive producer was Roger Corman.

Werewolf1061C
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jan 2023, 6:17 pm

I just watched Everything Everywhere All At Once and it was AMAZING, and not just because Michelle Yeoh is brilliant. Everything about that film is fascinating. Make sure you have subtitles enabled because sometimes the characters speak Chinese.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 10:02 am

pcgoblin wrote:

So many silly movies. This one features a Rockabilly... ?demon? ... with a snazzy electric guitar with drill for the guitar neck. He seems bent on terrorizing one member of an all female '80s rock group, making everyone else believe she is drugged out (diet pills) or crazy. Meanwhile, LET'S PLAY POP ROCK MUSIC AND HAVE FUN! WOOOOOO! Towards the end of the film, he makes his presence known to everyone, and the horror breaks out!

It was written and directed by Deborah Brock. I have not heard of her until now. She directed Rock and Roll Highschool Forever, which I've heard referenced, but I've never seen it. She started making movies when she was 15. That speaks to some passion. This is the first film listed in her director/writing history. I don't know how old she was when she made this.

Sounds interesting. :lol:

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 1:06 pm

Prom Night (1980)

IMDB: Prom Night wrote:
At a high school senior prom, a masked killer stalks four teenagers who were responsible for the accidental death of a classmate six years previously.

Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II (1987)

IMDB: Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II wrote:
Thirty years after her accidental death at her 1957 senior prom, the tortured spirit of prom queen Mary Lou Maloney returns to seek revenge.

Another morning with Comet TV.
I enjoyed these. The second one was weird in an almost surreal way. They both remind me why I did not go to prom. It's not that I was too awkward and shy to ask someone for a date. I just knew there would be a chance it would end up as a blood bath for some revenge killing.

They can be seen on Tubi Tv or Pluto Tv as well.

Last edited by pcgoblin on 19 Jan 2023, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 1:15 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
pcgoblin wrote:

Sounds interesting. :lol:

It sort of was interesting. A day has past, and I'm remembering it through the lens of nostalgia.
It is my hope that Comet plays it again.

The Slumber Party Massacre and The Slumber Party Massacre II can be seen on Pluto TV, and Tubi TV

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 2:25 pm

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 5:21 pm

Last night I watched:

The War of the Worlds [1953]
<=>"They came to CONQUER the EARTH!"

One of the true classics of science fiction films.

I have an emotional soft-spot for this film because it is one of the four great classic science fiction movies which showed up just about every year on the over-the-air TV stations in our area when I was young.

Caution: If you buy this movie on disk, be sure to get the version from The Criterion Collection! I was horrified by the previous disk I had purchased because their film processing ruined the special effects. The Criterion Collection restored the film to the way it is supposed to look.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 8:30 pm

longshot wrote:

What is your opinion?

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 9:22 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Last night I watched:

The War of the Worlds [1953]
<=>"They came to CONQUER the EARTH!"

One of the true classics of science fiction films.

I have an emotional soft-spot for this film because it is one of the four great classic science fiction movies which showed up just about every year on the over-the-air TV stations in our area when I was young.

Caution: If you buy this movie on disk, be sure to get the version from The Criterion Collection! I was horrified by the previous disk I had purchased because their film processing ruined the special effects. The Criterion Collection restored the film to the way it is supposed to look.

Ooooo... George Pal. Great movie. Scared me when I was kid and watched it on TV in the '60s. Of course it was on a black and white television so the color thing (Martian vision) was lost on me. Great advice about the Criterion Collection edition.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 9:47 pm

Craig Ferguson: I'm Here to Help (2013)

It was funny. It was made all the more funny because there was a woman sitting near the front, off to the side, who had the loudest laugh, a great laugh. I thought she would die from a lack of oxygen she was laughing so hard. I have laughed that hard in life and I know what it feels like. I was worried for her.

I watched it on Britbox. If swearing offends you, it may not be for you. Unlike Craig's Late Late TV show, he does not have Michael Naidus there to "tootsie-fruitsy" him.

Yes this is a tangent because I mention Michael.

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 5:43 am

Aftersun (2022)

A beautifully poignant and harrowing character study between Father and Daughter, as a recollection of a holiday in Turkey in the late 1990's together is split between subjective memories and those captured on Mini-DV tape.

"And I've embraced the calamity, with a detachment and a passive disinterest."

"I hear voices...But I ignore them and just carry on killing."

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 9:42 am

longshot wrote:

Cool poster.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 11:29 am

Spiders (2000)

More fun on Comet TV. Spider day?

IMDB: Spiders wrote:
A DNA experiment on a rare breed of spider is taking place on a NASA space shuttle, when a freak meteor shower engulfs the shuttle, causing everything to go horribly wrong.

And for fun -

Titan TV one sentence description wrote:
Three unlucky college students stumble across a governmental program that uses spiders as killing machines.
Credits: Lana Parrilla (Actor), David Carpenter (Actor), Oliver MacReady (Actor)

I'm going to start doing that for movies on television. Titan TV manages to fit the most convoluted descriptions into one sentence! Always!

It was fun film with plenty moments that were quite laughable. For instance, early in the film the lead female actor, Lana Parrilla, gets her glasses knocked off. She backs up, steps on them, and unlike Velma Dinkley, never seems to have anything she does hampered by the suggested vision impairment. You don't suppose they gave her glasses so we would think she was nerdy and brainy, only to become a "beautiful action swan" when she did not wear glasses? Liz Lemon wouldn't let them do that...

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 3:51 pm

Spiders II: Breeding Ground (2001)

More spider day on Comet TV.

Fun and improbable things. I enjoyed it.

IMDB: Spiders II: Breeding Ground wrote:
After the events of Spiders (2000), a scientist conducts genetic tests, and a couple becomes the perfect host. Now, the hunt is on, as an army of arachnids is after the succulent human flesh. Who can stop the spiders' feeding frenzy?

Titan TV one sentence description wrote:
After their sail boat is damaged in a storm a couple is rescued by a cargo vessel serving as a floating medical laboratory for a mad scientist, who wants to use the bodies of his unsuspecting passengers to incubate the eggs of a giant spider.
Credits: Stephanie Niznik (Actor), Greg Cromer (Actor), Daniel Quinn (Actor), Harel Noff (Actor), Richard Moll (Actor), Dimiter Kuzov (Actor)

Yes. Richard Moll was in this and he was not the sweet and lovable Bull Shannon.

Both Spider movies had one thing in common, other than the spiders. They both seem to end, come to a nice resolution. One could sit back and take it easy. But there was about ten minutes remaining, so either this going to be a traditional denouement with a long unwinding, or the spider was not really dead and would pop up any second.