Page 1182 of 1263 [ 20198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1179, 1180, 1181, 1182, 1183, 1184, 1185 ... 1263  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 9:10 pm

Get Out (2017)

Pick your partners wisely.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2023, 9:55 am

pcgoblin wrote:
Spiders (2000)

More fun on Comet TV. Spider day?

IMDB: Spiders wrote:
A DNA experiment on a rare breed of spider is taking place on a NASA space shuttle, when a freak meteor shower engulfs the shuttle, causing everything to go horribly wrong.

And for fun -

Titan TV one sentence description wrote:
Three unlucky college students stumble across a governmental program that uses spiders as killing machines.
Credits: Lana Parrilla (Actor), David Carpenter (Actor), Oliver MacReady (Actor)

I'm going to start doing that for movies on television. Titan TV manages to fit the most convoluted descriptions into one sentence! Always!

It was fun film with plenty moments that were quite laughable. For instance, early in the film the lead female actor, Lana Parrilla, gets her glasses knocked off. She backs up, steps on them, and unlike Velma Dinkley, never seems to have anything she does hampered by the suggested vision impairment. You don't suppose they gave her glasses so we would think she was nerdy and brainy, only to become a "beautiful action swan" when she did not wear glasses? Liz Lemon wouldn't let them do that...

Sounds fun.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2023, 4:15 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
longshot wrote:

What is your opinion?

It was Disney's 1st film with a dark theme to it, as I really liked it.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2023, 4:16 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
longshot wrote:

Cool poster.

Thanks sir.

Princess Viola
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jan 2023, 10:08 pm

Sailor Suit and Machine Gun (1981)

An early 80s satire on the yakuza genre that features a high school-aged girl becoming the boss of a dying yakuza clan. Features a good mix of comedic elements, drama, and action and also serves as a send-up of idol movies and coming-of-age movies as well.

I watched the theatrical cut, but the BD release I own also includes the Perfect Edition which restores about 20 minutes that were cut when the film was originally released in theatres in Japan in 1981 (it was originally screened as a double-feature with another movie, so that's probably why 20 minutes ended up cut from the theatrical release).

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 9:12 am

longshot wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
longshot wrote:

What is your opinion?

It was Disney's 1st film with a dark theme to it, as I really liked it.

nice!

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 12:47 pm

Zathura: A Space Adventure

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0406375/

It was MUCH better than I thought. A spin off from Jumanji.

Bank of Dave

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14308636/

Heartwarming and a poignant reminder of how nice people used to be 10 years ago.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 4:46 pm

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 5:28 pm

KitLily wrote:

Bank of Dave

Heartwarming and a poignant reminder of how nice people used to be 10 years ago.

I remember seeing the tail end of Zathura: A Space Adventure on television several years ago. I should look for the movie. Your mentioning it reminded me it might be something I would enjoy.

Bank of Dave, I've never seen or heard, but I'm going to look for that as well. Also, 10 years ago, people commented how nice people were 10 years prior to that. It's always been like that which suggests that as we get older, we just notice the thoughtless, mean, and cruel people more. Internet and news helps that. At least that is what I keep telling myself. :lol:

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 9:44 am

pcgoblin wrote:
KitLily wrote:

Bank of Dave

I remember seeing the tail end of Zathura: A Space Adventure on television several years ago. I should look for the movie. Your mentioning it reminded me it might be something I would enjoy.

Bank of Dave, I've never seen or heard, but I'm going to look for that as well. Also, 10 years ago, people commented how nice people were 10 years prior to that. It's always been like that which suggests that as we get older, we just notice the thoughtless, mean, and cruel people more. Internet and news helps that. At least that is what I keep telling myself. :lol:

Zathura was pretty good. It is based on a book.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 12:27 pm

Hockney (2014)
also known as Hockney: Seeing Beauty (2017)

It was interesting.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 9:47 am

Bourne Ultimatum
Fun

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 9:57 am

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 5:14 pm

Eraserhead

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 6:22 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
pcgoblin wrote:
KitLily wrote:

Bank of Dave

Zathura was pretty good. It is based on a book.

Wow. I just remembered we had several books by Chris Van Allsburg. I'd completely forgotten how good they were. (watching the movie now)

--- one hour and forty-one minutes later ---
It was fun. So many actors when they were younger. Dax Shepard. Kristen Stewart. Josh Hutcherson (who was initially VERY annoying). Tim Robbins, although he always has a baby face, despite being a giant.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 10:11 am

longshot wrote:

Looks good.