Page 863 of 1263 [ 20198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 860, 861, 862, 863, 864, 865, 866 ... 1263  Next

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 5:33 am

State of the Union

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 12:15 pm

Twins
I liked it but I was sad because I was reading they were working on a sequel called Triplets. The third actor was going to be Roseanne Barr who at the time was in her prime. Now she is a joke. Ah what might have been.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 2:36 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:
State of the Union

What is your opinion, Brother Kyle?

Redstar2613
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2019, 3:29 pm

I don't usually watch movies anymore but I've been doing that a bit recently. On Netflix I watched Final Girl, Pet and My Teacher, My Obsession and rewatched Final Destination 5. I enjoyed them all but Final Girl was a bit of a let down.

Last edited by Redstar2613 on 16 Jan 2019, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 4:17 pm

Halloween.

Going under the premise that the whole Halloween franchise never happened after the original movie, this has a paranoid and traumatized Laurie Strohd (not Michael's sister anymore) living in preparation for the day Michael Myers escapes again to finish the job. Well, he does escape, pitting a sixty something year old heroine against a sixty something year old psychopath.
Meh, I was expecting something better.

Ms.Berg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 7:31 am

I have seen Ah-ga-ssi or The Handmaiden. I found it to be intriguing quite from the beginning. In a positive way the movie never really seemed to be what I expected, I had no knowledge of it before I started watching it, and in the end I could only recognize that I was pretty charmed by the experience.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 10:38 am

True Grit.
I love the Coen Brothers.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 7:01 pm

The Wiz

Can you imagine? After all these years? Anyway, the flick was a flop back then (1978), surprising, since it starred the supremely popular Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Lena Horne and Richard Pryor.

I thought the songs and performances were okay. Maybe the movie came out at the time when "cheesy" musicals were out of favor and more realistic, gritty cinema was the norm. A remake with Drake, Beyonce, and who ever's popular these days might do well, though.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 8:49 pm

The Langoliers

been so long since I last saw this one, very nice to watch it again. One of King's best!

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 10:26 am

redrobin62 wrote:
The Wiz

Can you imagine? After all these years? Anyway, the flick was a flop back then (1978), surprising, since it starred the supremely popular Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Lena Horne and Richard Pryor.

I thought the songs and performances were okay. Maybe the movie came out at the time when "cheesy" musicals were out of favor and more realistic, gritty cinema was the norm. A remake with Drake, Beyonce, and who ever's popular these days might do well, though.

I remember that one. One of our local high schools put on a The Wiz production.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 9:47 am

Vice.
I liked it a lot. A good history lesson.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 4:10 pm

Glass.

Superhero David Dunn (named the Overseer on the internet) rescues a group of cheerleaders from the prime multiple personality, the Beast, of Wendell Crumb, who had kidnapped said cheerleaders with the intent of murder, when they are both arrested by what are first taken to be police. Sent to a psychiatric hospital where Dunn's old nemesis Jeremiah Price, called Mr. Glass for his brittle bones, is held in a drug induced catatonic state, a psychiatrist attempts to convince them they are not really superheroes or super villains, but are only delusional. But what is the psychiatrist's real intentions? And what is the real intentions of mastermind super villain, Mr. Glass?
Highly recommended flick.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 8:56 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Glass.

Superhero David Dunn (named the Overseer on the internet) rescues a group of cheerleaders from the prime multiple personality, the Beast, of Wendell Crumb, who had kidnapped said cheerleaders with the intent of murder, when they are both arrested by what are first taken to be police. Sent to a psychiatric hospital where Dunn's old nemesis Jeremiah Price, called Mr. Glass for his brittle bones, is held in a drug induced catatonic state, a psychiatrist attempts to convince them they are not really superheroes or super villains, but are only delusional. But what is the psychiatrist's real intentions? And what is the real intentions of mastermind super villain, Mr. Glass?

Good to know. I want to see it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 2:10 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Glass.

Good to know. I want to see it.

I think you'll enjoy it.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 3:38 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:
State of the Union

What is your opinion, Brother Kyle?

Good. Issues discussed in it are still relevant today.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 3:39 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Halloween.

Going under the premise that the whole Halloween franchise never happened after the original movie, this has a paranoid and traumatized Laurie Strohd (not Michael's sister anymore) living in preparation for the day Michael Myers escapes again to finish the job. Well, he does escape, pitting a sixty something year old heroine against a sixty something year old psychopath.
Meh, I was expecting something better.

Maybe, but still better than other sequels. I just saw it.