Game of Thrones (warning possible spoilers)

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

alex
Developer
Developer

21 Apr 2015, 1:26 pm

What do you guys think of the first two episodes of this season? I love any episode that has the dragons so I'm excited to see that they're being featured more this season.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 5:22 pm

So far very much liking this season - I've seen all four episodes (two that have aired, plus the other two that leaked online) and I've thought all the episodes have been good ones.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 5:57 pm

I haven't seen it yet, have not decided to watch the new ones yet...or wait till I re-watch the other seasons.

hilaryy_renee_
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Apr 2015, 11:57 pm

I absolutely love the first two episodes ! They're great so far; can't wait to see what the rest of the season has to offer. I waited an entire year for the show to come on again for the new season.
I'm highly enjoying it :roll:

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 5:42 am

In this last episode they're selling R+L=J....

So, I wonder what that means. Is it foreshadowing or misdirection?

DataLore
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2015, 6:51 am

Omfg the slave v masters trial actually gave me shivers, the silence as Daario brings the sword down, then the slow outbreak of thousands of angry hisses like steam escaping a fissure in a volcano... goosebump material. I'm a little worried about just why Jaime is going to Dorne, and how they've brought Bronn out of a nice, comfortable retirement in the books. I can't imagine it will be good for him at all. As devoid as the rogue is of any scruples whatsoever, I kind of liked the idea of him being the cat who got the cream. ^^'

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 1:52 pm

I'm of the opinion it needs to end already, the story lines are getting tenuous and a soap opera feel is starting to creep in. Unexpectedly killing a main character is only so fun as it is unexpected; do it too much and then it's expected and loses it's magic. Five seasons seems to be about my limit on adult drama: True Blood ran for 2 seasons too long in my opinion, Breaking Bad would have been better without the last season. I'm a series "hoarder" though, I'll wait until I can watch a full season all at once, ala netflix or HBO Go, thus I'll see different pacing compared to those that watch week by week. That being said I watched the first bundle of this season all at once last night. The individual story lines are more intriguing than last year's, but the overall narrative is getting a little dull for me.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 5:23 pm

The dwarf lives...

Spoiler wrote:
...until we find a cock merchant!

:o

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 5:40 am

/is sad for Sansa. I must be one of the only few people that actually like her and sympathize with her :(

Out of the frypan and into the fire is a bit of an understatement. If she's going to cop nothing but abuse and brutality until the credits roll on the final ever episode it seems a bit pointless writing her that way. Turning a naive teen girl into a beaten, raped and broken one isn't my idea of enjoyable character development, but that's GoT for you.

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 6:27 am

This season is the first one that is irritating me with all the changes. I know, I know, it's an adaptation and changes have to be made to fit the format of a TV show and make the story more fluid to watch, but I don't like how drastically they altered some arcs.
I hope the story starts to get better there soon.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 1:42 pm

This show is all exposition. In todays episode, a character gave DdragongIass to another character, and explained what it was for. This was information the audience has already been told, being delivered to a character who already has that information. I don't like it when they do this.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 1:57 pm

Nebogipfel wrote:
This show is all exposition. In todays episode, a character gave DdragongIass to another character, and explained what it was for. This was information the audience has already been told, being delivered to a character who already has that information. I don't like it when they do this.

It's called boredom...that's why television exists.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2015, 9:41 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
Nebogipfel wrote:

It's called boredom...that's why television exists.

I don't know about that. I would like shows to aspire to something more than killing boredom. Immersion, for example. This show was good at that in season one. Then characters started saying and doing things that no one would ever say or do unless they were stupid, and that ended immersion for me. I don't find this world believable at all.

I keep watching it, so they must be doing something right.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 1:02 am

It's so boring.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 6:19 am

I decided to read the books first.

Then I read the reviews of Game of Thones. It seems Game of Thrones steals various names from a book series, A Song of Ice and Fire, along with certain plot elements, but then pastes them together like a Picasso painting?

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 6:48 am

Magneto wrote:
I decided to read the books first.

Then I read the reviews of Game of Thones. It seems Game of Thrones steals various names from a book series, A Song of Ice and Fire, along with certain plot elements, but then pastes them together like a Picasso painting?

I wouldn't say that... The first few seasons follow the books quite closely. However, the books keep getting bigger and, frankly, they've started to lose narrative focus.

The show is overtaking the books now, and the producers have started to change/condense the story from the last couple of books.