02 Sep 2016, 4:17 pm

So far Mines

Re:zero https://myanimelist.net/anime/31240/Re_ ... i_Seikatsu

And Steins Gate.https://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/Steins_Gate

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

03 Sep 2016, 8:57 pm

I've never considered myself much of an "anime person" and I honestly can't stand the cutesy stuff, but growing up some of my closest friends were really into anime, so I've kind of just happened to be exposed to a lot.

Growing up, I always gravitated toward samurai anime, and series like Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai Champloo are fantastic. Afro Samurai and Shigurui are neat as well. I've been meaning to check out Samurai 7.

Two anime films I will always stand by as two of my favorite films ever are Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence and Barefoot Gen. Innocence is one of the greatest pieces of cyberpunk ever - it's a beautiful film. IMO Barefoot Gen is by far THE greatest animated wartime film, NOT Grave of the Fireflies. Barefoot Gen is from a comic/manga by a Hiroshima survivor about his own experiences, and is heavily autobiographical. I worry "otaku" may avoid it because it's done in a classic early 80s anime style. The original 80s Vampire Hunter D is a cool film, but certainly not up to the quality of the films I just mentioned. And of course Miyazaki films like Howl's Moving Castle are fantastic. I still love pretty much everything Lupin the 3rd.

When I was in the Peace Corps I randomly wound up reading the first 9 One Piece volumes and loving them, but I haven't been able to get into the television series... not that I've tried too hard. I've always had a love of pirates!

Growing up I loved Gundam Wing. Looking back it's definitely not great storytelling, but it's still fun stuff. Another series from my childhood I've been meaning to look back at is YuYu Hakusho, but it's been over a decade since I've seen anything associated with it, so I'll have to get back to you on that...

A series I never got around to exploring very fully is Trigun, but I loved what little I saw. Mushishi's a beautiful anime, but I never felt like they developed the stories enough. I've never taken the plunge on Gintama, but between my love of futuristic sci fi and my love of samurai, it's been on my to do list for a very long time.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 5:58 am

When you have watched as much anime as me, some 573 complete series (not counting the shows I am currently watching, which is over 20), it kind of feels hard to straight out say favourite. Currently I might say Kannon, Kill la Kill, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

@ KingLeonidas
Re: Zero has been pretty good, and I am interested for what I might think when it all finished, it has been quite the ride. I do like it for many of the same reasons as my favourite anime series.

KingLeonidas
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Sep 2016, 8:56 am

573. Wow. only watched about 40-60

For some reason i never beard to watch the meloncholy of harhi syzamiya i tried ;P to like episode 8 it was still boring. Might give it another Shot in the future.

Usually i'm a sucker for time Travelling stories. or dimension hopping which is like Re:zero and Steins gate.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2016, 4:40 am

Pokemon. I also liked Cardcaptors.

Xitheon
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Sep 2016, 6:10 am

The only anime I've watched with any enthusiasm is Hetalia... Yes, it's awful. But addictive.

rileydaboss2000
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Sep 2016, 8:37 am

Dragon Ball, simple as that. That is my fave anime series ever, and nothing can top that. I originally got into it by reading the manga at my schools library and soon I was hooked. It also completely got me into anime, so I thank DBZ for that. As of 2016, I have a helluva lot of merchandise, including all the manga, DVDs, shirts and even plushies. And to top that off, I recently did some drawings of my fave DBZ characters :D

I have other favourites as well. Have enjoyed some slice-of-life ones like Gochuumon, Non Non Biyori, Kiniro Mosaic and Lucky Star. Pretty much had fun watching them, since it has a chillout feeling. Oh, and I really enjoyed watching Charlotte, which to me is like a mix of action and supernatural, with basically some comet giving you superpowers and having to combat others. It was really awesome :)

I might watch some more anime soon, especially Samurai Champloo, since I listen to the soundtrack all the time. Could also give Fist of the North Star, Naruto and One Piece a try too, since I have the manga for them, and maybe some movies as well, like Ghost in the Shell 8)

Monokuma
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Sep 2016, 6:27 am

Kuroshitsuji, Parasyte, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Terror in Resonance, Death Note and it's not over yet but I'm loving Danganronpa 3

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 10:31 am

I'm not really an anime person, but I adore Dragon Ball and DBZ. I also find One Punch Man rather amusing.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 5:17 pm

Pokemon is the only anime I have liked. I didn't even like "Bakegyamon" even though I loved the manga. Anime just isn't my thing.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Sep 2016, 7:22 pm

Shin-Chan & Pokemon but I only seen the 1st couple seasons of Pokemon

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2016, 7:05 am

Too many to name just a few, although Death note is my all times best.

Out of the ones currently aired I love Saiki https://myanimelist.net/anime/33255/Sai ... %A8-nan_TV and Fukigen na Mononokean https://myanimelist.net/anime/32696/f*k ... Mononokean . Shokugeki no Souma https://myanimelist.net/anime/32282/Sho ... Ni_no_Sara is good too.

TheForeverMan
Toucan
Toucan

23 Sep 2016, 7:16 am

Anime I enjoy;

- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Bishoujo Senshi Sera Myu
- Dragonball franchise
- Burn Up W
- Akira
- Project A-ko
- you're Under Arrest
- Castle Of Cagliostro

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 1:35 pm

My top seven are

Gintama
Gj-Bu
Toriko
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Seitokai yakuindomo
Kiniro Mosaic

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 2:05 pm

Do Studio Ghibli movies count? Otherwise, I only like Clannad, Kanon, and Air [I'm not sure about the other Key-Arts Anime yet].

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Imax95
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Sep 2016, 2:59 pm

Cowboy Bebop is probably my favorite, I don't even watch a whole lot of anime, I just really like stories set in space and Bebop has this really appealing chilled out style to it that I really love, I find it much more engaging then the usual noisy frenetic feeling you get from a lot of other anime