Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 10:18 am

Sticky? I'm joking.

Here is the thread where you can discuss your favorite X files episodes. Tell us why you love the show and review like mad philes.

And don't forget that the truth is out there!

There is no justice, deny everything, nothing important happened today, trust no one, buy me a ham sandwich etc...

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 8:52 am

Five episodes seen on the six of the new x files series. I think the critics, not necessarily from critics (as I don't read them), are very first degree. X files is Hislamophobe now...
I was spolied on episode 6. I saw the end. Cliffhangers, wow, what a suprise in the x files. I don't understand people.
X files still has the same principles, Carter is still nuts, it's still open (each one decides their own thinking), it's still dark, what is (apparently, I could talk about that too) not useful now, has great risk to be in the future, it's still funny.
I maintain 6 episodes was too short for the neatness of the quality of the scenarios. Aspects of former X files seriously have to be looked at.

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 8:53 am

It seriously could be a great opening for a season 11. I have a mixed feeling about the scenarios. I hope it won't go "that way", that we indeed are being led.
What is scarier? Attacked by a governement? (what's this new?), or by aliens, from outside our planet, with vessals, weapons, maybe using the sun, maybe can change into light, maybe, maybe? Fear can control people with different facets. I would be disappointed if it stayed there.
I liked Mulder and Scully meet the were-monster, it's more philosophical that what I've read from fans, they didn't really talk about that aspect. I liked Home again, there are issues that need to be dealt with anyway, for future stories. We need to know where the characters are their lives. At that point. I wouldn't have done it that way though. I find Mulder pretty much Mulder, I have trouble to recognize Scully, sometimes (even considering aging, evolving...)

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 8:55 am

I was a little lost in Babylon. Mind and perception, ok. But it looks to be the topic of that new series.
Not talking about My struggle for now. Founder's mutation was ok good.

End of message. For now.

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 8:58 am

Jesus f****** Christ, I definitely love the hair.

And to touch my tits in front of everybody, because that is how much I give a f***.

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 9:04 am

I've seen My struggle 2, and I was mixed (as it was, not what I imagined it could be) about My struggle. I am relieved, because there is something important that is strongly suggested - I hope it'll go there (hint: CSM). I had predicted it would go nuts, because... Do I have to explain? Contrary to most, apparently, I am thrilled by the cliffhanger. That, is what I wanted to see.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 10:24 pm

The return of the series escalated from what seemed like it was going to be a regular tv series again to being ruined in the final episode. There is no way the show could be revived now. Everyone is dead, cure or no cure. What a waste.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 1:44 am

Noca wrote:
The return of the series escalated from what seemed like it was going to be a regular tv series again to being ruined in the final episode. There is no way the show could be revived now. Everyone is dead, cure or no cure. What a waste.

Nah, I'm sure it was just a cliffhanger. The show will probably be back on next year, with a surprise cure.

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 6:19 am

Scully won't be abducted. There won't need to be a cure. People have just been vaccinated. Chris?

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 9:47 am

I don't know why but I love Detour S05E04. Its like the most prefect X Files episode, it has everything and was creepy as hell as a sheltered teenager.

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 2:21 pm

^

One of the funniest dialogue in the beginning. Mulder is shameless. But they're both funny.

Dr_Manhattan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jun 2016, 4:42 pm

I love this show!

raisedbywookiees
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Aug 2016, 8:41 pm

It would have to be the pilot. I remember channel surfing, not quite ready to call it a night, when I came upon the cemetary scene. I was glued to the TV for the remainder of the episode and was an instant fan!

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2016, 8:10 am

One of my favorite episodes. But I have at least 40. It definitely hooked me thought. In fact I knew I would watch the show before I did when I heard the x files theme on the radio, and the guy said it was a skeptic and a believer investigating paranormal phenomenons and it felt unusual. I wasn't disappointed when I watched the pilot (in the basement). There were 6 channels here then and out of The avengers, just s**t on TV.

raisedbywookiees
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Sep 2016, 11:15 pm

Danae wrote:
...it felt unusual. I wasn't disappointed when I watched the pilot (in the basement). There were 6 channels here then and out of The avengers, just s**t on TV.

Absolutely, and nothing else really captured my imagination until Buffy, except maybe the first season of Sliders, but The X Files remains my all time fave. I must admit though, I haven't watched it in an age.

My favouritist character would have to be the setting. I joke that after season five, the show went south.

I liked the episode E.B.E where Scully meets The Lone Gunmen. Home was truly disturbing. And D.P.O with Jack Black and Giovanni Ribisi - very cool. Bad Blood - Luke Wilson's overbite LoL. I liked a lot of the stand alone episodes.

raisedbywookiees
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Sep 2016, 11:21 pm

Oops! Double post. Timed out or something with first reply so posted again.