Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Apr 2009
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,541
Location: Maggiland's vital regions :P

10 Jan 2010, 7:16 pm

Either the manga or the anime.

My favourite character in the manga is Iceland while my favourites in the TV series are Sealand and North Italy, cos they're adorable :D The episodes are only five minutes long so they're easy for people who don't have time to watch full length anime because of time.

Anyone else lovin' the humanised countries?


_________________
I'm a writer, not a fighter and my pen is always loaded.

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)


mtougas01
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 8 Dec 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 7

10 Jan 2010, 7:21 pm

I love Hetalia. My friend introduced me to the anime awhile ago. I wouldn't say I'm obsessed, but if it's on I won't tolerate talking as it breaks my concentration. My favorite countries are the trio of Germany, Japan, and Italy (PAAASSTAAAA!) Although all the countries are adorable/hilarious.



Netish
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 20 Oct 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 132
Location: FL

10 Jan 2010, 9:37 pm

I like helatia too, but I'm not obsessed X) the one I I like the best is austria, who plays the piano I think, by the way, how many episodes are they up to now?



jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Apr 2009
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,541
Location: Maggiland's vital regions :P

11 Jan 2010, 6:51 am

Around 50.


_________________
I'm a writer, not a fighter and my pen is always loaded.

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)


Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2009
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 579
Location: California

11 Jan 2010, 7:09 am

I enjoyed the anime. I liked the situations where Germany and Italy get into. Russia being scared of his one psycho sister is pretty hilarious.



PikaYoshi
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jul 2009
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 283

11 Jan 2010, 6:58 pm

I'm obsessed with Hetalia. :D


_________________
My anime list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Teddiursa


_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2009
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 640
Location: in a round hole

11 Jan 2010, 10:33 pm

LOL yes! That series is so addicting!
My favorite character is America. He's such a dork I can't help but love him.



IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,801
Location: The Gem State

14 Jan 2010, 10:31 pm

I have a Hetalia obsession that comes and goes. Today it flared up again, because I just learned that Funimation licenced it, and the DVDs are slated for North American release later this year. :D

What's funny is that I actually emailed Funimation around late summer/early fall last year and recommended that they licence it, saying it had a lot of fans and such. I change gmail accounts frequently, so I don't know if they responded to it or not. I dunno if that one email is what got them to look into it, or what... But it's nice to think that the biggest name in anime distribution is looking out for their fans. :)

Anyway, I hope that they use accents for the different countries in the dub like they did for Hellsing! I just want it to feel authentic, y'know?

I don't really have a favorite Hetalia character. I like them all for different reasons.



AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,830
Location: Outer Space

15 Jan 2010, 4:01 am

IdahoRose wrote:
I have a Hetalia obsession that comes and goes. Today it flared up again, because I just learned that Funimation licenced it, and the DVDs are slated for North American release later this year. :D

What's funny is that I actually emailed Funimation around late summer/early fall last year and recommended that they licence it, saying it had a lot of fans and such. I change gmail accounts frequently, so I don't know if they responded to it or not. I dunno if that one email is what got them to look into it, or what... But it's nice to think that the biggest name in anime distribution is looking out for their fans. :)

Anyway, I hope that they use accents for the different countries in the dub like they did for Hellsing! I just want it to feel authentic, y'know?

I don't really have a favorite Hetalia character. I like them all for different reasons.


Sweet. I'll have to check it out sometime. Have you seen that survey funimation.com had up a few months ago? I believe it had Hetalia on the list of animes the fans want dubbed as well as a redub of the entire Sailor Moon series (the first anime that I really liked). I didn't pick Hetalia at the time (you got to choose as many as you wanted), because I didn't know what it was, so I just chose the Sailor Moon redub (I REALLY want a redub of it).



jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Apr 2009
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,541
Location: Maggiland's vital regions :P

15 Jan 2010, 8:18 am

I hope Funimation don't PC it up. If I'm not mistaken, they licensed one of the Gundam series for the western market, and were on the verge of removing all the robots that took part in the world tournament that were considered national stereotypes.

Since this is DVD-only, I HOPE they keep all the good stuff in.

Imagine if 4kids, back when they did anime, got the rights...


_________________
I'm a writer, not a fighter and my pen is always loaded.

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)


IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,801
Location: The Gem State

15 Jan 2010, 12:26 pm

AtomicKaiju wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
I have a Hetalia obsession that comes and goes. Today it flared up again, because I just learned that Funimation licenced it, and the DVDs are slated for North American release later this year. :D

What's funny is that I actually emailed Funimation around late summer/early fall last year and recommended that they licence it, saying it had a lot of fans and such. I change gmail accounts frequently, so I don't know if they responded to it or not. I dunno if that one email is what got them to look into it, or what... But it's nice to think that the biggest name in anime distribution is looking out for their fans. :)

Anyway, I hope that they use accents for the different countries in the dub like they did for Hellsing! I just want it to feel authentic, y'know?

I don't really have a favorite Hetalia character. I like them all for different reasons.


Sweet. I'll have to check it out sometime. Have you seen that survey funimation.com had up a few months ago? I believe it had Hetalia on the list of animes the fans want dubbed as well as a redub of the entire Sailor Moon series (the first anime that I really liked). I didn't pick Hetalia at the time (you got to choose as many as you wanted), because I didn't know what it was, so I just chose the Sailor Moon redub (I REALLY want a redub of it).


Ohh I see. I think it was kind of self-centered of me to think that my email was the one that caused them to licence it. ^^;;; Sorry 'bout that. Did you by any chance see if Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) was on that list? That's the other anime I've been really wanting a dub for (along with Hetalia).



IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,801
Location: The Gem State

15 Jan 2010, 12:32 pm

jocundthelilac wrote:
I hope Funimation don't PC it up. If I'm not mistaken, they licensed one of the Gundam series for the western market, and were on the verge of removing all the robots that took part in the world tournament that were considered national stereotypes.

Since this is DVD-only, I HOPE they keep all the good stuff in.

Imagine if 4kids, back when they did anime, got the rights...


Don't worry, Jocund! Funimation isn't known for censoring stuff. In fact, when they released Hellsing Ultimate 4 in a joint deal with Geneon, they didn't remove any of the swastikas that could be blatantly seen around the bad guys' headquarters, or the brief reference to the Holocaust that one of them mentioned in a speech. I'm NOT condoning Nazi behaviors, mind you, but I'm just saying that if Funi didn't censor that, then I'm 99% certain they won't censor Hetalia.



AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,830
Location: Outer Space

15 Jan 2010, 1:35 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
Ohh I see. I think it was kind of self-centered of me to think that my email was the one that caused them to licence it. ^^;;; Sorry 'bout that. Did you by any chance see if Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) was on that list? That's the other anime I've been really wanting a dub for (along with Hetalia).


I think it was.



AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,830
Location: Outer Space

15 Jan 2010, 1:38 pm

jocundthelilac wrote:
I hope Funimation don't PC it up. If I'm not mistaken, they licensed one of the Gundam series for the western market, and were on the verge of removing all the robots that took part in the world tournament that were considered national stereotypes.

Since this is DVD-only, I HOPE they keep all the good stuff in.

Imagine if 4kids, back when they did anime, got the rights...


Anime is barely on television anymore, so you don't have to worry about them censoring anything.



IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,801
Location: The Gem State

15 Jan 2010, 3:11 pm

AtomicKaiju wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
Ohh I see. I think it was kind of self-centered of me to think that my email was the one that caused them to licence it. ^^;;; Sorry 'bout that. Did you by any chance see if Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) was on that list? That's the other anime I've been really wanting a dub for (along with Hetalia).


I think it was.


Yes! :D I'll keep a watchful eye on Funi's website to see if they actually aquire a license to it, which I'm almost positive they will, being that it's just about as popular as Hetalia.



Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 May 2005
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,520
Location: Florida

16 Jan 2010, 7:15 pm

Sealand is adorable, and America is hilarious! :D

But I wish they had an Emirates character that they gave more screen time.