"RHPS: Let's Do the Time Warp Again", last night, anybody?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 9:24 am

When I first heard-about this show, I thought the casting of Laverne Cox was a good choice (alot of people had a problem with it, cuz she's a transGENDER, not a transVESTITE, as Dr. Frank N. Furter was; but, that didn't bother me); I liked that Tim Curry was gonna be a part of it, again----and, I was also looking forward to Adam Lambert's participation.

The movie didn't disappoint----I mean, it's very hard to make a remake, cuz everybody's gonna scrutinize----but, I really didn't think anybody did a bad job (oh, except for Rocky's shorts, at the beginning----HORRIBLE!).

All-in-all, I thought it was a fun show!!

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 10:34 am

I approve. Great singing and dancing!

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 11:33 am

I didn't know they did a remake of this! Tell me more!

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 11:42 am

It aired on TV last night. I will need to find the DVD used somewhere.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 2:16 pm

^^ Yeah, I can't WAIT for it to be out on DVD----it's DEFINITELY worth adding to my DVD collection!!

KyleTheGhost wrote:
I didn't know they did a remake of this! Tell me more!

Yeah, and I really gotta give the people who made this, props, cuz it was really decent!! It was a bit rushed, cuz it was on for 2 hours, minus the time for commercials, and the original was nearly that long (2 hours, WITHOUT commercials).

It was directed by Kenny Ortega----he did "High School Musical" and Michael Jackson's "This is It"----LOVE him, and his stuff!!

Adam Lambert played Meatloaf's part (Eddie, the delivery boy, who came-in on a motorcycle)----and, I might venture to say he played it, BETTER; but, only cuz Meatloaf, sort-of, gives me the willies (LOVE his music, but).

Tim Curry played the criminologist guy----remember the guy, throughout, that showed pages in a book, and then where to place your feet, for the "Time Warp".

Ben Vereen played the scientist in the wheelchair.

The only other part I had a problem with----and, this is gonna sound really silly, but I can't help it..... Laverne Cox's breasts were uneven (I'm not even sure if one was smaller, or lower)----I mean, to the point that, at times, one was in shadow, while one was in light, when they BOTH should've been in light. Now, obviously, she has implants (cuz she's a transgender), and SURELY whomever did her implants, put-in the same size ones----so, the only thing I can figure, is that whomever did the costumes, didn't put the same amount of lift on BOTH sides (which really doesn't make sense----for me, to THINK it, or for the costume person, to DO it----cuz implants don't need to be "kept up"). LOL Anyway, once I noticed, it was a bit distracting, in every scene where she had on something, low-cut. (If any man wants to know how to tell when a woman has fake ones, watch this movie----those suckers don't move, for NOTHIN'! ! (Well, one time when Dr. Frank N. Furter did a big jump, they moved----but, when he did the shimmy, and little hops, NOTHIN'! ! LOL Also, that's why some fashion models walk the way they do [like, over-dramatically], so you can tell they're real, by the way they bounce all over the place.) I can't understand, for the LIFE of me, why no one making the movie, DIDN'T notice it.

Also, the house didn't really blow-up, at the end----they just showed it, in ruins.

Oh, also----the people didn't turn to stone, when the switch was flipped----they only just stood there, stone-LIKE.

Edit: I forgot to put the part about the people not turning to stone, and the "y" in deliverY boy, and a couple of other things.

Last edited by Campin_Cat on 21 Oct 2016, 2:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Pravda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Oct 2016, 2:18 pm

Speaking as a huge Rocky Horror fan, I thought it was fun. The singing and acting were awesome.

Though yeah, I was one of those people who had issues with the casting of Frank. It helps perpetuate the all-too-common confusion between transsexuals and transvestites. Dr. Frank-N-Furter is a male character who likes dressing in womens' clothing. He's not genderfluid or a girl who was assigned male at birth.

Don't believe the gender tag. I was born intersex and identify as queer, girl-leaning. So while I can sometimes present as an effeminate guy, that's less than half the time and if anything I'd prefer it say "female" of the two choices offered. I can't change it though, it's bugged.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 3:12 pm

The Frank in my head is every kind of fluid, sexually. That came out wrong, but it's still right somehow.

Pravda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Oct 2016, 4:11 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
The Frank in my head is every kind of fluid, sexually. That came out wrong, but it's still right somehow.

Sexually, sure, Frank is shown to be into basically everything, of every species. Probably including inanimate objects. :lol: But he's a self-described "transvestite." Since he wears female clothing and social markers (feminine make-up), that implies he identifies as male. He (like Riff Raff and Magenta) may be from the planet Transsexual, but he's not one.

Don't believe the gender tag. I was born intersex and identify as queer, girl-leaning. So while I can sometimes present as an effeminate guy, that's less than half the time and if anything I'd prefer it say "female" of the two choices offered. I can't change it though, it's bugged.