Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 3:26 am

They remaking the Flintstones.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 4:37 am

There are things in the original show that were considered funny back in the 1960s but would be considered sexist today. Can they take the dated elements and attitudes out of the show without being boring?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

PurpleReject
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jul 2019, 4:53 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
There are things in the original show that were considered funny back in the 1960s but would be considered sexist today. Can they take the dated elements and attitudes out of the show without being boring?

In 2016, DC Comics revived "The Flintstones" and made it into a (rather brilliant) socio-political satire. Check out this review from io9: "The Flintstones Comic Is a Darkly Funny Story About the Perils of Late Stage Capitalism".

If they follow that example rather than making it just another run-of-the-mill animated sitcom, I could expect great things.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 1:48 pm

So is this reboot going to be an animated show or a movie? It's been rumored for many years that a new fully-animated Flintstones reboot movie is in development at Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment.