Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 4:08 am

I am hating English dubs. Honestly. There must be a "leave your acting skills at the door" policy aimed especially at the people who make those things. :roll:

Not all terrible. Just 99% terrible, or so.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 6:38 am

I would agree that most dubs aren't up to the level of the original acting. Some are worse than others. Every now and then I'll come across a dub that sounds good.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 4:16 pm

whiteskunk wrote:
Some of you may already know of this site but for those who don't check out www.veoh.com There are several anime series along with other (non cartoon) programs available for download FREE!
The draw back? Not every series is complete. I recently downloaded the Tenchi GXP series and it kept me laughing. I feel sorry for that poor kid. And the ending. . .I wouldn't call it a dream come true-more like a nightmare. LOL

Check it out.

There are bootlegged on the site so it could be shutdown for that but its okay otherwise.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2007, 2:14 am

All of the Disney dubs for the Ghibli films are decent, and I thought some of them surpassed the originals. The only one I can think of where I never listen to the english dub is Grave of the Fireflies.

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2007, 1:52 pm

JerryHatake wrote:
whiteskunk wrote:
Some of you may already know of this site but for those who don't check out www.veoh.com There are several anime series along with other (non cartoon) programs available for download FREE!
The draw back? Not every series is complete. I recently downloaded the Tenchi GXP series and it kept me laughing. I feel sorry for that poor kid. And the ending. . .I wouldn't call it a dream come true-more like a nightmare. LOL

Check it out.

There are bootlegged on the site so it could be shutdown for that but its okay otherwise.

True. They are bootlegs. . .some really crappy quality at that. Plus most are subtitled which (in my opinion) is distracting.
But for the ones that are decent quality w/English dub. It's better than nothing.

PS I think it's a subsid of Yahoo.

Akari-Kibou
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jul 2007, 7:04 pm

ping-machine wrote:
I am hating English dubs. Honestly. There must be a "leave your acting skills at the door" policy aimed especially at the people who make those things. :roll:

Not all terrible. Just 99% terrible, or so.

Actually most of them are really good, the only exception is when they try to bring back a series that's been on the air over 15 years ago. Then they go and totally rewrite the script, hire new voice actors and expect the older fans to fall in love with the show all over again.

But I'm a hard-core "pro-dubs" advocate, so I'm partially biased.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 8:15 pm

bc1 wrote:
you must not have been looking very hard... bleach is still on cartoon network.

unless you're one of those who can't stand dubbed stuff... a viewpoint i can sympathize with, as i prefer subtitles, but the english stuff doesn't bother me that much. i like that i can make fun of the squashed phrasing, bad translations, and horribly miscast voice actors without having to lose respect for the story, since i know it's not the fault of the original creators of the show. two channels of entertainment at once.

i used to watch some of the crappy anime on CN muted while IM'ing with a friend who didn't like it either, and we made our own dialogue. that was satisfying.
I meant where i can watch ALL episodes in order...

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 1:10 am

RTSgamerFTW wrote:
bc1 wrote:

unless you're one of those who can't stand dubbed stuff... a viewpoint i can sympathize with, as i prefer subtitles, but the english stuff doesn't bother me that much. i like that i can make fun of the squashed phrasing, bad translations, and horribly miscast voice actors without having to lose respect for the story, since i know it's not the fault of the original creators of the show. two channels of entertainment at once.

i used to watch some of the crappy anime on CN muted while IM'ing with a friend who didn't like it either, and we made our own dialogue. that was satisfying.

For $5.00 a month you can subscribe to anime crave.com they have several titles including Bleach

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 10:41 am

whiteskunk wrote:
RTSgamerFTW wrote:
bc1 wrote:

For $5.00 a month you can subscribe to anime crave.com they have several titles including Bleach
I'd rather kill myself than waste what very little money i have >_>

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 8:16 pm

RTSgamerFTW wrote:
whiteskunk wrote:
RTSgamerFTW wrote:
bc1 wrote:

I'd rather kill myself than waste what very little money i have >_>

I don't blame you. Only complete. . .ummm, not overly. . .well-you know what I mean. If I'm going to pay for such, it'll be via amazon.com (dvds). Gotta keep those studios running to spew out even more.

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 8:18 pm

One character in the series "azumanga daioh" exhibits some aspie characteristics.

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2007, 3:48 pm

Veoh is starting to delete all anime and other copyrighted material. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2007, 8:47 pm

whiteskunk wrote:
Veoh is starting to delete all anime and other copyrighted material. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
YOU"RE sh*****g ME!! !! ! Right??!

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2007, 9:01 pm

RTSgamerFTW wrote:
whiteskunk wrote:
YOU"RE sh*****g ME!! !! ! Right??!

Nope. It was announced in their forum (General) actually they began in June. It pisses me off to. And I just talked someone into uploading the dubbed "Hanaukyo Maids" series.
Below is the announcement.

[Im sure as anyone who was watching the cowboy bebop now knows veoh has began removing certain videos from their site. Not too sure why im sure there is some good reason but i sure am pissed lol i only got to ep18 wat the hell!! ! anyways i just thought i would be first to start the rumours... check it out look uo cowboy bebop there are no episodes left. im not sure what else is being erased but im sure there are others.]

I did check out several anime titles there and Veoh is removing them. I also got/talked another user there to upload "Abenobashi". Curse you Veoh!

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2007, 9:27 pm

Before they find my music video and delete it. Here it is-the link that is. Enjoy.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v859999teEhyYMg

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2007, 9:46 pm

whiteskunk wrote:
Before they find my music video and delete it. Here it is-the link that is. Enjoy.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v859999teEhyYMg

You can used YouTube as well. There was a petition for stopping the removal anime shows on YouTube. I don't know if it worked but I would be pissed if they deleted my videos for inappropriate material which none of them have may I noted.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=omegapanda007