Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 7:28 am

The IMDB score for the new batman film with Robert Pattison seems to keep going down. Upon release imdb rated it 9.2 now its gone down to a score of 8.3 which puts it on level with Batman Begins but lower than the Dark Knight and Dark Knight rises.

Do you reckon 8.3 will be the final score the film will settle on or do you think it will keep going down?

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 6:48 pm

IMDb scores are not a measurement of a film's quality, but more so of its fandom. So ... I don't think Robert Pattinson has the pull of the whole "Heath Ledger's last movie" story, and fans aren't downvoting other films to increase the new film's relative rank, like they did back then.

my trusted film critic described it as "meandering and aimless". Usually he's right.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2022, 11:23 am

My uninformed impression was the big films and shows generally start with a bit higher score than what they generally settle out at. I assumed it was just that the exuberant fans were in more of a hurry to publicly praise the work.

The high scores that amuse me are for the works that only get scored by a few folk. Some of them will get spectacularly good scores with maybe 12 voters...I figured the voters were probably the cast and crew.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2022, 12:34 pm

This from discussion on Starship Modeler forum might be of interest, is the general trend of conversation there;

Quote:
I DO also like how the movie was more of a Detective story, as opposed to being a typical Batman one.
Also, I like the deemphasis on Batman's technology in the movie. (There was no: "Where does he get all of those wonderful toys?" in it).
All-in-all I'd probably give The Batman a B+ to A-.

On account of some health things I won't be seeing it, or any other movie, but interest in Batman does remain.