Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ElmersTrueLove
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Apr 2024, 9:55 am

A lot of (normal) Looney Tunes fans and non-fans despise Elmer. For example, he is compared to bad people such as Zaslav, being portrayed as an anti furry symbol and genuinely being bashed in general. Someone even (most likely) got mad at me because they made an April Fools posts saying Elmer was s**t and it upset me. However, there is a genuine tier list saying he "belongs in the trash" which sets me off badly. The only people I know who like him are Bugsmer stans and NurFaiza, a creep who targets him with fetishes of all kinds and says he IS her fetish (this is a rabbithole and a whole different can of worms). Daffy Duck is very obnoxious and annoying, why is he loved more?

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

ElmersTrueLove
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Apr 2024, 8:30 pm

Bump

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

ElmersTrueLove
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Apr 2024, 12:58 pm

Bump 2

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 1:02 pm

If i had to guess i'd say it was because he repeatedly tries to kill Bugs with a shotgun.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 10:58 pm

ElmersTrueLove wrote:
A lot of (normal) Looney Tunes fans and non-fans despise Elmer. For example, he is compared to bad people such as Zaslav, being portrayed as an anti furry symbol and genuinely being bashed in general. Someone even (most likely) got mad at me because they made an April Fools posts saying Elmer was s**t and it upset me. However, there is a genuine tier list saying he "belongs in the trash" which sets me off badly. The only people I know who like him are Bugsmer stans and NurFaiza, a creep who targets him with fetishes of all kinds and says he IS her fetish (this is a rabbithole and a whole different can of worms). Daffy Duck is very obnoxious and annoying, why is he loved more?

I always hated him because he is part of the fudd subculture in the gun world.I also dont like him because he tries to shoot Bugs Bunny.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 10 Apr 2024, 12:08 am, edited 10 times in total.

Charlemania
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Apr 2024, 11:12 pm

I had no idea that people get polarized over a 1930's cartoon character.

Don't let haters set you off.

There are so many people who believe crazy things (coughreligionscough) that deeply offend me, and that both literally and effectively destroy lives--and yet I have to live happily in a world full of this ongoing insanity.

It can be done.

Don't let some small group's opinions about a fictional character make you feel threatened and unhappy. Love and enjoy Elmer and avoid the haters. They can't stop you.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2024, 4:14 pm

I think that Elmer is cute.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2024, 4:33 pm

I like Elmer, I think he's actually a pretty nice guy when he isn't being antagonized by Bugs and other characters.
Like in "What 's Opera, Doc", he was full of remorse at the end when he "killed" Bugs.

In fact, I think that's why Yosemite Sam was created, he's a much bigger jerk and he's loud and violent and he can be pretty evil. People didn't like seeing Elmer getting mistreated because he's too nice.

Of course, I'm also a fan of Disney cartoons, and many people think Disney is pure evil and horrible. That they brainwash or traumatize children, that they're racist and sexist, that they won't rest until they've taken over everything. Some of the really religious nut jobs even think Disney is satanic. I feel like everyone hates Disney now except me because I grew up with the cartoons and still have a soft spot for them.

But I still find it hard to forgive what they did to the lemmings in a live-action nature film back in the 1950s. :(