Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Luketheobjectumromantic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 May 2024, 7:10 am

Hi!
I’m an amateur filmmaker and I’m making an action film. I was just wondering if you all have an ideas for a film plot-I’m out of ideas. Thanks!

Suicidal_Vampire
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 May 2024, 9:18 am

Is the film character-centric, or do you have any ideas for specific sequences, because the plot should probably tie into that.
Either way, my idea for an action film would always be having the main characters debilitated in some way, ex. sick, disabled while the fight off a power, like an organization that wants them dead. Maybe it's case of mistaken identity or the main characters really did something kill-worthy, idk.
Is the tone serious or comical? Is the genre simply "action movie" or would you okay with horror or sci-fi plots that contain a lot of action? (if you're open to sci-fi, I have way too many ideas)
Assuming you've got a small budget, you could probably film in a location available to you and build the story off that.

"Really? I'd like to meet him."

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2024, 1:41 pm

Dunno... I'm more a science fiction fan...

But "List of animated films in the public domain in the United States" might be a place you could go shopping for ideas.

...especially if you have the technical wherewithal to edit a live-action actor into the animated movie.