Page 1 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2007, 9:26 pm

TheBladeRoden wrote:
For some reason I thought the previews were horrid but now it's my second favorite sitcom this season (after How I met Your Mother) I also think it's cool that they've had 3 actors from Roseanne on so far.

i thought the show looked stupid too but i was bored and gave it a shot and i really gotta say...it almost seems like the target audience is more towards the aspie side of things. some of it is heavy-handed like the doppler effect....but overall really good.

Belle77
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2007, 12:05 am

skafather84 wrote:
it almost seems like the target audience is more towards the aspie side of things.

I really enjoy the show, but I'm worried that it won't last because of this.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 5:24 pm

Belle77 wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
it almost seems like the target audience is more towards the aspie side of things.

I really enjoy the show, but I'm worried that it won't last because of this.

well in msn's attempt to get rid of the show, only 2.3 % of people voted that it should go while 51% voted for caveman to go extinct and 12% for kid nation to go away.

SpaceStace
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2007, 9:33 am

I love the show, especially all the geeky jokes like the paradox of light being a wave sometimes a particle sometimes, etc. that I'm sure most of the audience think is just made up science-sounding nonsense. I think the Sheldon character is maybe a little exaggerated but it works in the context of the 4-some - like how people were saying above. And they are all pretty realistic and funny. Leonard is good at obsessing about the pretty girl (long conversations with himself about what every little thing she says might have meant) and looking the part - the way he screws his face up all the time and all. And Sheldon standing stiff as a board while his Mom hugs him. Raj not even sure the girl is making fun of him when she says "Nice talking to you." Howard overcompensating trying to be smooth. They're all pretty funny and I really hope the show lasts!

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jan 2008, 7:52 pm

I'm hoping that the writers' strike doesn't kill this show. I didn't watch it too much at first, because it was on opposite Chuck on NBC, which looked like another geek-friendly show. But since, in the wake of the strike, NBC doesn't seem too intent on re-airing it (or the new Bionic Woman series, which I also liked), this may be my new favourite new show. And yes, they all seem very Aspie to me.

Aerin
Raven
Raven

06 Feb 2008, 1:30 am

I'm sad that the writer's strike seems to be killing this show. I really liked it. After it dies and becomes a cult thing, they'll put it on DVD and then I can watch it over and over and over, just like Freaks and Geeks.

gitchel
Raven
Raven

06 Feb 2008, 8:32 am

You can buy all the past episodes on iTunes, by the way. I have.

The whole batch costs 34.00 dollars, which I couldn't afford, but it was easier buying them one at a time for 2 bucks a pop.

[email protected]
http://perseveration.org
Twitter: Gitchel

nihil de nobis sine nobis

Aerin
Raven
Raven

06 Feb 2008, 8:05 pm

Cool, I'll look into that.

SpaceStace
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Feb 2008, 3:52 pm

From today's news:

Quote:
"How I Met Your Mother,""Two and a Half Men" and "The Big Bang Theory" will return March 17. Producers will make nine new episodes before the season ends.

Hooray!! !

Aerin
Raven
Raven

15 Feb 2008, 1:42 pm

Yay!! :P

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 11:57 am

LOL at the clip where Sheldon is at a Halloween party and dresses up as the Doppler Effect! :lol: :lol:

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 5:46 pm

I LOVE that show! My favorite episode is also the one where Sheldon dressed up as The Doppler Effect. Funny stuff. Another favorite line was where he mentioned that his cereal had lost its molecular integrity. I hope the show keeps going. Seems like every time I like a show, they cancel it. I also like the show 'Chuck.' Too bad the writer's strike seems to have killed a lot of good shows this season.

EDIT: Just saw the quote - yay!! It's coming back!

wolphin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Mar 2008, 7:06 am

I love the Big Bang Theory - it's definitely my favorite show on TV right now.

I can totally relate to the characters. Anyone who says the show isn't realistic hasn't been in the math & science department of a major university. These are totally the people I work and live with every day :)

I like to think I'm most like Leonard, but I guess I don't really know for sure. :)

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2008, 10:07 am

[quote="Rainstorm5"]I LOVE that show! My favorite episode is also the one where Sheldon dressed up as The Doppler Effect. Funny stuff. [quote]

I also love the line when Penny says, "I'm Sagittarius, which probably tells you way more than you need to know," and Sheldon says, "Yes, it tells us that you participate in the mass cultural delusion that the sun's apparent position relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality."

Have you seen the shower curtain? :lol:

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2008, 6:28 pm

deep-techno wrote:

I also love the line when Penny says, "I'm Sagittarius, which probably tells you way more than you need to know," and Sheldon says, "Yes, it tells us that you participate in the mass cultural delusion that the sun's apparent position relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality."

Have you seen the shower curtain? :lol:

Yes, saw that one - hilarious!! !

wolphin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Mar 2008, 4:20 am

It's back!

And to my relief, the first episode was one of my favorites yet :)