I Liked it 59%  59%  [ 24 ]
I saw it 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
I didn't like it 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 41

Kijana
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2007, 4:54 pm

I am obsessed with the lion king and all the people I really talk to online are tlk fanatics...

Is anyone here a huge fan of the Movie/ Movie Series

weird_el
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2007, 5:23 pm

I loved the first movie, but I have no interest in the series. I saw it in theaters a dozen times. I had the VHS, but I've since upgraded to the DVD.

I love the Broadway Musical, and I even got the opportunity to see it while it was in previews in Minneapolis 10 years ago.

Le_Samourai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2007, 5:24 pm

I really liked it. Its been years since I've seen it, but I agree that its one of Disney's best films.

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 7:20 pm

I loved the music by Elton John...

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 8:22 pm

I was completely obsessed with it when I was five (the year it came out). Every photo of me for that year and the next somehow involves Lion King. lol

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2007, 7:50 am

I LOVE the lion king. I have a copy of it on tape which I have had since I was tiny! It is fuzzy now because I watched it over and over! Some people don't like it because it is (true fact) a complete rip-off of Kimba the white lion, but I watched the lion king first so that is the one I love!

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2007, 6:15 pm

I like watching it every once in a while along with the sequels, but I'm not obsessed with them. My favorite Disney film of all time is Lady and the Tramp. 8)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 11:46 pm

Oh, such a lovely series. I was obsessed with it in my younger days.

15 Oct 2007, 1:01 pm

I'm not obsessed with it or love it. I like it, it doesn't bore me. I have the movie and the second one. It's been awhile since I last watched them. I have seen the play in London.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 3:52 pm

Hakunah matattah. It means no worries for the rest of your days.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2007, 4:47 am

I saw the musical and to be honest with you it is two hours which I want back I thought it was the most boring thing I have ever seen I prefer the cartoon film it was alright.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2007, 4:37 pm

I love the Lion King, but what I like the most about it is the music. I have all the OSTs and albums!

I would however LOVE to go see the musical! My piano teacher seen it in Toronto. After my wedding next year I am gonna try to convince my new husband to go see it with me! I am a musical buff ^_^

TitanDak
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Nov 2007, 2:11 pm

That was my main obsession (and still is) and one of the things that helped get me diagnosed. I had Lion King everything. I carried a Timon plushie around with me for years and still would if I wasn't worried about looking weird or loosing it. I was once on a Lion King message board and got kicked off and they called me "Ass bugger". I couldn't understand why they called themselves fans and they talked about other things. So manily I was so obsessed I scared other supposed "fans". Timon was and will always be my favorite and people seem to really dislike him for some reason so I got crap for trying to defend him. I didn't like the musical becuase you could see the faces of the people and the main reason I liked TLK so much is that there were NO people and putting people's faces in it tottaly destroyed it. I'm weird like that. I used to write fanfics for it but I'm not much of a writer. I'm more of an artist. I have tons of Lion King fanart.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2007, 3:30 pm

All Disney classics are great movies. Its that simple.

cyrus1874
Raven
Raven

06 Nov 2007, 8:01 pm

I wouldn't say I live by it (the philosphy hakunah matattah just wouldn't please my parents at all) but it was a very good movie. The music was awsome. Though, my favorite disney movie would still have to be Robinhood.

Purple_Banana
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Nov 2007, 10:04 pm

I LOVELOVELOVELOVE TLK. I can draw it exceptionally well; I know the Swahili and Zulu translations by heart, and during my college's production of TLKOB, I alternated between adult Nala and Rafiki :) I was the only one who knew the correct pronunciations of the Swahili (everyone else absolutely butchered it...)

I still love that movie- it introduced me to the spectacular compositions of Hans Zimmer.