Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

27 Feb 2008, 7:57 pm

Any other obsessive Boston Legal watchers?

Who's your favourite character on the show? and why?

My favourite character is Alan Shore.
For a lot of reasons, but the main ones are... He is obnoxious, but in a funny way! :lol: He is extremely sarcastic...which always makes things entertaining. Just when I think it's getting boring, he says something to literally make me fall off the chair laughing! :lol:

stimpysuzie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Feb 2008, 12:32 am

I lOVE Boston Legal!
I too think James Spader plays a great character in this program. He has an innate way of shooting someone down in a ball of flames effortlessly as Alan Shore. My missus thinks it's hilarious when William Shatners character says "Denny Crane". His timing is spot on.
Glad to see another fan!

Redrocket
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Mar 2008, 12:36 pm

My dad is a big fan of this show, he always watches it. I don't watch it as much to be honest but I have to say I get a real kick of that Denny Crane character.

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 12:59 am

I love Boston Legal.

My favourite character there (and on the Practice as well) is and always has been Alan Shore.

I love that he's not a squeaky clean character and yet there is something so likeable about him even though he is essentially a rogue. (for want of a better word) And the friendship he has with Denny Crane is brilliant. He believes in justice and you can just tell that he wants a fair world and he will absolutely smash the "rules" in order to get it.

And Denny Crane is one of the most brilliant characters that Shatner has ever played. I reckon so anyway.

My least favourite character is Jerry. 'nuff said.

ocelot1962
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Mar 2008, 2:12 am

I love Boston Legal, but I have some reservations about the Jerry character and the way his Asperger's Syndrome is portrayed. I'm an Aspie, but I don't jump up and down like a bunny rabbit when I'm excited or purr like a cat when stressed--nor have I met another Aspie who is so eccentric. Of course, we do have to remember that this is TV and they have to exaggerate character traits for entertainment value.

David

Brittany2907

25 Mar 2008, 9:01 am

ocelot1962 wrote:
I love Boston Legal, but I have some reservations about the Jerry character and the way his Asperger's Syndrome is portrayed. I'm an Aspie, but I don't jump up and down like a bunny rabbit when I'm excited or purr like a cat when stressed--nor have I met another Aspie who is so eccentric. Of course, we do have to remember that this is TV and they have to exaggerate character traits for entertainment value.

David

The first time I saw the Jerry character I thought it was absolutely rediculous. I'm not sure if they are trying to put awareness about aspergers into the public, or just humiliate those who really do have AS.
I do know someone in real life who has AS and she jumps up and down like a bunny rabbit when excited...so i guess not total and complete exaggeration.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 8:22 am

After Stargate, Mr. Spader began to choose roles that showcase how perverted, disgusting and antisocial he can be. :x After introducing the world to Dr. Daniel Jackson, James became believable as a pervert and deviant. Anyone seent the movie Secretary? Ugh!

After a while, you have to wonder about the person behind these characters.

victorvndoom
Toucan
Toucan

30 Mar 2008, 12:18 pm

love/hate shatners role ...like he was in his minuteman outfit in court waving a real gun

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Mar 2008, 8:07 pm

I LOVE Boston Legal cause it's quick-witted and funny. I buy it on DVD and watch them all in a row w/ no commercials. I work nights, so I'm never home anyway.
My favorite is still the one where they impersonate FBI agents and hack off the priests finger. Laughing just replaying it in my head just now. (if only all lawyers were that gutsy)
As for the Jerry character, I like how they have at least put the word "aspergers" into a context to where it is more comfortable to begin a dialog w/ someone about it. If you mention AS to a BL fan, they at least have "the groundwork" and you don't have to start from zero. You can always tell someone the truth about AS, and explain the misconceptions portrayed by Hollywood from there.

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 3:45 am

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Boston Legal was on last night and I forgot! !!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hands
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Aug 2008, 3:49 pm

I absolutely love Boston Legal and I think Alan is awesome. He's just so naturally funny, and he seemed to be the only person who accepted Jerry exactly as he was. Denny is great as well, the things he says are just hilarious. And as for whether they did the right thing by having a character with Aspergers, I think they it's great. For the first tme in my life people know what I'm talking about when I mention AS. Also I heard that ater the 5th series, they won't be making anymore. does anyone know if this is true or just speculation?