Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Which of these classic college football movies from 1993 did you like the best?
Rudy (1993) 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
The Program (1993) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I love them both! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I hate them both! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't care for either one of them 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
IDK (I don't know) I haven't watched those movies yet 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3

JML101582
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 11:45 pm

It has been fifteen years since the two famous college football movies have been released in the movie theatres. While the two movies are very different with Rudy being about one character's struggles of acomplishing his dream while The Program is about a dysfunctional college football trying to make it into a bowl game. These movies have things in common as one of them being both the greatest football movies in recent memory.

Comparing Rudy and The Program in general is like comparing Madden to Tecmo as they are practially from different worlds. Rudy is more of an inspriational Rocky-like sports drama with football being the backdrop of the story while The Program is an action picture disguised as a sports picture with many colorful characters. They also have many things in common as they both well made and made alot of money at the box office. These two movie also have Georgia Tech as their last opponent in a movie.

If you ask me what was my favorite movie between the two as an eleven year old back in 1993, I would have said The Program because it has a lot of football action than Rudy does and it was not as dramatic. Now as a 25 year old, I am going for Rudy because the movie is not really about football as it was about an everyman who sets his mind on accomplishing his dream by making certain sacirfices and obsticles that most people would not have the guts to do. The Program is basically an almost two hour college recruit video with MTV-style editing to get you pumped up this movie.

Although both movies are great in their own right, I am going to say that Rudy is the better movie because it was about people can accomplish their immpossible dream if they set their mind to it and it feels like you actually there to root on for the main character.

Here are the reviews for both movies with two different results:

AS A 11 YEAR OLD IN 1993:
Rudy (6.5/10)
The Program (9.5/10)

AS A 26 YEAR OLD IN 2008:
Rudy (9.5/10)
The Program (8/10)

Which of these movies do you like better and what are your thoughts on those movies? Reply this post if you have any thoughts and I will be glad to read them.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 2:12 am

I remember seeing it the week before I graduated from high school (5 years after the movie was released).

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Sep 2008, 7:53 pm

I haven't seen The Program, but Rudy's a good movie.