Page 2 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

WhittenKitten
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2009, 2:57 am

I adore sailor moon, i just watched it recently though i prefer the japanese version over the english version only because they took out so much and made it sound extremely awkward at times. i really loved the last season though, galaxia was the best villain in my opinion, and i was always a big fan of Neptune, Sailor Moon and the cats! lol, but i liked most of the characters except Rini/Chibi USA.

AspergersGirlsSing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jan 2009, 9:42 am

Wow guys, thanks for all the feedback!

Usagi1992
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 6:13 pm

"Tsuki ni kawatte...osokyo!" :lol: :lol:

Yes indeed, I'm a long time fan...all the way back to Toonami in '97. Currently, I have seasons 1, 3 and 4 on VHS (fansubbed) and DVD (bilingual).

hotaru
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jan 2009, 6:16 pm

*raises hand* I do, I do!

My username also happens to be the name of my favorite (Hotaru/Sailor Saturn).

AspergersGirlsSing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jan 2009, 7:49 pm

hotaru wrote:
*raises hand* I do, I do!

My username also happens to be the name of my favorite (Hotaru/Sailor Saturn).

And inside of me burns the flame of jealousy. I'm cosplaying as her this summer.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 8:51 pm

I watched Sailor Moon cartoons when I was young, I think...it was over 20 year ago so maybe I'm misremembering the name though.

Are they the one's where the theme song describes the protagonist as 'fighting evil by moonlight', and also as 'finding love by daylight', or similar? If so, that's the one I watched when I was a child.

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2009, 9:16 pm

pandd wrote:
I watched Sailor Moon cartoons when I was young, I think...it was over 20 year ago so maybe I'm misremembering the name though.

Are they the one's where the theme song describes the protagonist as 'fighting evil by moonlight', and also as 'finding love by daylight', or similar? If so, that's the one I watched when I was a child.

Yep. That was the opening for the English dub. Even though they butchered it, the songs were good. My faves were "Carry On" and "Power if Love"

Ledvia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2009, 10:48 pm

yes love it but im not a raging fanatic....

AspergersGirlsSing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2009, 8:10 am

DragonKazooie89 wrote:
pandd wrote:

Yep. That was the opening for the English dub. Even though they butchered it, the songs were good. My faves were "Carry On" and "Power if Love"

If you liked the Dub songs, you'll probably love the Japanese ones!

HowlingMad1992
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2009, 5:41 pm

I remember watchin it about 10 years ago. I haven't seen it on TV for a long time.

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2009, 10:02 pm

I used to watch it back when it was on Toonami on Cartoon Network and I read some of the manga. I even still have all my Sailor Moon dolls set up in my room. lol

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2009, 10:06 pm

HowlingMad1992 wrote:
I remember watchin it about 10 years ago. I haven't seen it on TV for a long time.

I believe it's license in the US has run out and not been renewed, so they can't show it here anymore, hence why you haven't seen it on TV in a long time.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 10:17 pm

the actual Sailor moon? No. The abridged series. Yes. The Live Action Series? Yes.

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 6:58 pm

Rain_Bird wrote:
HowlingMad1992 wrote:

I believe it's license in the US has run out and not been renewed, so they can't show it here anymore, hence why you haven't seen it on TV in a long time.

I was 8 years old when Sailor Moon first aired on American TV. Yes, I am a GUY but I somehow found the show fascinating that I decided to watch it. However, I never told any boys that I watched the show. Anyways, my favorite character was Sailor Venus. She was the most beautiful among the sailor scouts.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 7:25 pm

Well, I USED to like the dub of Sailor Moon, but then again I was a fan of Barney at that age. It probably was my first anime, though. From what I've heard, the orignal SM was great in Japan but the English dub is loathed by otaku. Of course, it's been so long since I've watched it that I've kind of forgotten why exactly...

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 10:14 pm

Sailore Jupiter to