Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 7:34 pm

Hi I have been doing lots of research & it looks like I have Aspergers. It's nice to know I am no longer alone...I have lots of company!! ! I am 46 years old, married, 2 kids. I am very much still a tomboy...preferring jeans & t's to more formal clothes. My obsessions right now are photography & aspergers (can't learn enough fast enough).

Would have been nice to have known that back in grade school, but there was no diagnosis for girls with social/learning issues when I was a kid. It's a relief just knowing that there's a logical reason why I am the way I am...hard-wired & not just being oppositional as I was always made out to be. Always hated getting report cards from school with the comments "doesn't get along with peers." Hello, I was bullied by them, & found it difficult to want to be around people who only liked to torment me. If only teachers & my parents would have opened their eyes they would have seen what was going on. Plus I had trouble learning subjects that I was totally baffled by/uninterested in. Now if someone would have thrown horses, books, &/or art into the mix somehow, I'm sure I would have been more interested in whatever subject was being taught.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 7:45 pm

Hi welcome to WP. :-) I feel I went through the same things. :-) Enjoy your time here. :-)

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 8:23 pm

Nice to meet you, tomboy4good. :) 8)

foxman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2008, 8:29 pm

Hello!

autism
Toucan
Toucan

09 May 2008, 9:25 pm

Hello.

Welcome to WrongPlanet.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2008, 10:33 am

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! There's so much to learn about Aspergers & I look forward to finding out more about this subject both about myself & anyone else through this message board. Looks like a great place for feedback & just reading others' posts.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2008, 11:32 am

Hey, from SoCal. Welcome.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2008, 1:50 pm

Hi there!

Welcome to Wrongplanet!

I hope you enjoy posting here!