Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Eternal_Enigma
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Oct 2019, 11:30 am

Hello everybody, I am a new member. I was diagnosed a little over a year ago with ASD so I have been misunderstood my whole life. But, anyway I am into cyber security, :nerdy: electronics, video games, horror, music, comics. I have a bearded dragon. I decided to join because I don't know any other aspies and there are no local support groups. Also, I do sometimes get social anxiety around strangers. So hopefully I can get to know some of you so I don't feel completely isolated from others that understand what I go through. :twisted:

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2019, 1:29 pm

Hi and a very warm welcome :) ! I grew up with bearded dragons, blue tongued lizards etc in my back garden, as it was a tropical climate. Cyber security is something my family members work in ... in a big way(Scotland Yard etc). Love horror and music, have multiple collector comics here, dating back to the 1950s. Hope you enjoy it here 8) .

Eternal_Enigma

19 Oct 2019, 1:53 pm

Wow! That must be wild to see them in their natural habitat. I haven't seen Rob Zombie's new movie 3 from hell yet but house of 1000 corpses is one of my favorites. Also, I haven't seen the new joker movie because i've been traveling so much with work. But, I am a very big Batman fan especially Joker so it kind of sucks I haven't seen it yet.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2019, 3:08 pm

It was pretty amazing ... and I grew up with no fear of most wild aussie animals, apart from some snakes ... and redback spiders, but even those, I dealt with ... with respect. Batman is my absolute favourite, and I've also yet to see the new Joker film .... no-one wants to see it with me .... so, I've decided to wait for it, and watch it at home on the big screen here. I am a huge horror film fan ... but then, I also like many genres, especially action/thriller. So many good films out there ... Anyway, again, welcome :) .

Eternal_Enigma

19 Oct 2019, 4:40 pm

:o Why would someone not want to see the new Joker haha. But anyway, Thanks for making me feel welcome.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2019, 5:54 pm

I know .... crazy, right?! :P You're very welcome.

Peta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2019, 3:57 am

Welcome. I'm shy too

Eternal_Enigma

20 Oct 2019, 8:35 am

Thanks Peta

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 7:03 am

Welcome, I hope you find some understanding here.

TheAntevasin
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Oct 2019, 2:57 pm

Hey, Im a newbie too, I cannot believe I have gone 44 years not having a clue I was Aspergers, and all my anxiety ridden social experiences felt like I was on LSD, I thought I was just a troubled existentialist who thought too much about these things during overwhelming social environments. LOL. The more I read about all the things an Aspie goes through in public socializing, its amazing for me to learn that I am not the only one and my coping mechanisms were very unhealthy to begin with when I was a teenager and young adult, alcohol would be my way to try and mask the anxiety. Not good at all. Then I began to meet more conscious and sensitive people when I lived in Central and South America and I didn't need to hide my anxiety or who I was around such folks. I miss these friends I made as have had to move from country to country for a number of years for various reasons beyond my control. Now I am in Spain, yet another new country for me, and its proving hard to connect with folks even though I speak Spanish. So I am here and relearning about who I am.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 172 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 45 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 4:09 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

TheAntevasin
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Oct 2019, 4:15 pm

Thank you! :)

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 172 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 45 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)