Wow, lots of new people in one day. I won't be noticed!

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2007, 9:22 pm

Hi I'm new. I looked at this place before and felt overwhelmed and wistful because there's so much that has to done or so much being done. So many people, so much potential. Asperger people aren't broken but when the system is done with them, they sure need a lot of mental repair.

I was diagnosed has being well into the autistic spectrum after I had a classically autistic daughter and a high functioning autistic son who sees no need to call himself asperger. He think when he needs to use a label about himself for forms, autistic is fine.

Now I know why the family I grew up in was weird!

My husband and I are spending the rest of our lives working to bring us all together in communities where we can thrive.

jaydog
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2007, 9:36 pm

welcome to wp OregonBecky, i have aspergers and 27 yrs old, in public i refuse to label myself as aspergers or autistic, just because no one understands in the real world especially cause of the stupid media that portrays us as a epidemic or something. alot of us who are autistic/aspergers has multple diagnoses such as ptsd, ocd, anxiety disorders, etc and i think it's mainly cause of the emotional toll, based on family deaths, divorces, being adopted,losing family in military wars, etc or whatever else there is.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2007, 10:19 pm

jaydog wrote:
welcome to wp OregonBecky, i have aspergers and 27 yrs old, in public i refuse to label myself as aspergers or autistic, just because no one understands in the real world especially cause of the stupid media that portrays us as a epidemic or something. alot of us who are autistic/aspergers has multple diagnoses such as ptsd, ocd, anxiety disorders, etc and i think it's mainly cause of the emotional toll, based on family deaths, divorces, being adopted,losing family in military wars, etc or whatever else there is.

You'd fit right in with my family. Thanks for replying.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2007, 11:45 pm

Hi Becky and welcome :)

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2007, 11:54 pm

computerlove wrote:

Thank you and you have a really trippy signature line!

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

02 Oct 2007, 2:12 am

Hello OregonBecky

Welcome to WP :)

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Oct 2007, 5:06 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet Image

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2007, 9:26 am

Welcome to WP!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2007, 10:34 am

OregonBecky wrote:
computerlove wrote:

Thank you and you have a really trippy signature line!

thanks, the trippy signature is from trippy movie "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", with Johnny Depp and Benicio del Toro, Image.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2007, 10:48 am

Thanks for all the aspy/autie welcomes. Now I need to figure out how to build on everything I gain on this site to help my aspy son and autie daughter live full complete confident lives. That's all I care about now. Well, that's not exactly true. I care about the environment, getting raisins out of oatmeal cookies and stopping the war but all those things ultimately help my kids.

coppelia
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2007, 11:21 am

welcome! Nice to meet you!
:) :D

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2007, 1:27 pm

Raisins belong in oatmeal cookies. Also good are dried cranberries and cherries and almonds and cashews and mintos and chocolate. Never forget the chocolate.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2007, 1:30 pm

lelia wrote:
Raisins belong in oatmeal cookies. Also good are dried cranberries and cherries and almonds and cashews and mintos and chocolate. Never forget the chocolate.

Raisins are evil. They play with your mind. When you see a plate full of chocolate chip cookies and feel relief that soon you and the chocolate will be together, only to find that the chocolate chips were actually raisins disguised as chocolate chips, it can be devastrating. Ban raisins!

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2007, 1:37 pm

I've never seen raisins with a little curly-que on top.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2007, 2:07 pm

lelia wrote:
I've never seen raisins with a little curly-que on top.

The curly cues break off after cooking. And from far away, you can been fooled. They are only in cookies because people feel guilty about not eating healthy stuff so they use the raisin to ease their guilt. Everyone is in denial about this. :D

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Oct 2007, 3:05 pm

We're "Aspies".
We "Notice" everything. Getting a response is a different story however. :D
Hi and welcome to WP, hope you and your family enjoy it here as much as I do. Kinda like you, Autistic Daughter is how I found out about myself.

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."