Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Neon_Rabbit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jul 2020, 1:52 am

Greetings all! I apparently became a member here 10 years ago, but it has been so long since I've posted or even been on this site that I may as well reintroduce myself.

I am 32 and was diagnosed as high functioning Asperger many years ago. I think for a very long time I have tried to suppress my Asperger's traits as people tend to treat me totally differently upon learning that I have any kind of disability. I never particularly liked being perceived differently than others but I am now trying to embrace my unfiltered self as much as possible.

I also would very much like to change my Avatar. I tried to but it wouldn't seem to let me. That picture is like a million years old, lol.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 3:14 am

Neon_Rabbit wrote:
Greetings all! I apparently became a member here 10 years ago, but it has been so long since I've posted or even been on this site that I may as well reintroduce myself.

I am 32 and was diagnosed as high functioning Asperger many years ago. I think for a very long time I have tried to suppress my Asperger's traits as people tend to treat me totally differently upon learning that I have any kind of disability. I never particularly liked being perceived differently than others but I am now trying to embrace my unfiltered self as much as possible.

I also would very much like to change my Avatar. I tried to but it wouldn't seem to let me. That picture is like a million years old, lol.

"To thine own self be true."
It pays dividends. ;)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 4:42 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 4:49 pm

Welcome back. I tried to change my avatar, but I put in a new picture and pressed the correct buttons and nothing happened. When you find out, let me know. :lol:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 4:57 pm

Welcome ....welcome back........

where ever you go ,there you are

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 5:24 pm

Welcome back Neon Rabbit, I think its great you want to embrace your autistic traits, it's imo the most natural way to be well in yourself.

Dronf
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Jul 2020, 5:33 pm

Welcome back Neon Rabbit :)