Page 19 of 23 [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2012, 1:35 am

namaste wrote:
Lady-ivy wrote:
:) you should join us we are trying to spread awarennss in India.. We could use more people.

Sure i can help out.
But I am undiagnosed myself and just by comparing symptoms of others i felt that I am having Aspie
I did ask a counsellor once whether I am having Aspie she said no
She said its just because of bad childhood

thats great. :heart:. i think Jhomes sended you pm to what indian asipe sites we are also on. but you can give you can your imput and your experiences on being autistic on this thread too.

would you believe this there are more undiagosed autistics in the world then those who are diagosed. i think there are a few people on this thread who are undiagosed themselves. but i pretty much believe they are very real autistics as what they describe to me.

pitty, that your counseller told you that. it shows how much missformed your counseller is about autism. but i dont feel mad for her jugement, she just does simply does not know and was giving missinformation. thats way many autistic around the world try to spead awareness to bring change and education about autism.

one of my obsessions is autism and i like to ask autistics this question as it interest me. here it is when did you relize you were different and you were autistic? if you answer this i might be able to figure out if you might really be on the autism spectrum.

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 4:53 am

Lady-ivy wrote:
I thought becouse maybe becouse are known for there food and finance business . I thought they cater to tourist too. I. Find if people look a landmarks and attractions of a city especial new York city they see attractions of like the statue of liberty, never really the other unattractions that the locals only really go too. When tourist who go to new york city
They go to tourist attractions and most popular main places there. But the tourist never go to the nicks and crannys places in new York city were the local are.

If I was to get the book or learn from site. I would see it as introduction thing before I can if am lucky find a class. Am trying to think of a way to describe the Hindi characters to English letter system. You know you spell mango with 5 letters in English you take the m and a and n and g and o put them together you get mango .but I think in mango in Hindi correct me if worng( i sound so bad describing this. you write an image like character writing to make the word mango.

Am thinking about adding the autism related questions we made or we can make more too to this thread and the other sites we are on. And I think you saw the driving question on the Indian Aspie site, am going start adding more releated autism questions to it. Possible once a week. I think it may time to put the questions we made on this site and others. I know our members are low. But think it is time. What do you think Dhawal. Am going to ask Jhomes on what he thinks about it.

awwwwwwwww I feel so loved :D :heart: now am getting emotional. :bounce:

That's just what I was thinking. Pictures of a city on google images don't give you a real idea of what the city and the people are like.

I think you are comparing hindi to japanese and chinese. Indian languages are just like European languages. They are made up of letters, not signs. The letters are very different from European letters, so they might look like signs. I'll explain in a new post.

I was also thinking that we should put up the questionnaire now. On this thread and also on other sites. I'll compile the questions and pm you.

How do NTs do that?

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 5:05 am

Lady-ivy wrote:
Am trying to think of a way to describe the Hindi characters to English letter system. You know you spell mango with 5 letters in English you take the m and a and n and g and o put them together you get mango .but I think in mango in Hindi correct me if worng( i sound so bad describing this. you write an image like character writing to make the word mango.

Indian words are also made up of letters, not signs.

Example -

Quote:
Hindi = हिन्दी

h = ह
i = ि
hi = हि

n = न
d = द
i = ी
ndi = न्दी

A simpler example, without joint letters or vowel marks.

Quote:
dhaval = धवल

dha = ध
va = व
l = ल

I hope this makes it a little clearer.

How do NTs do that?

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 8:20 am

Lady-ivy wrote:
one of my obsessions is autism and i like to ask autistics this question as it interest me. here it is when did you relize you were different and you were autistic? if you answer this i might be able to figure out if you might really be on the autism spectrum.

Well around age of 30 i realised that my life was not working out on any front.

I was jobless, thrown out of many jobs
Friendless most of my relationships were over and i would end up hurt and depressed
I started researching on mental diseases at this point of time since my parents and relatives exhibit mental symptoms
My father was a alcoholic very abusive and mother is narcissistic and brother also.

I did lot of soul searching and one day i found across information about asperger the symptoms matched. I have taken the symptoms from a website and my reply is in Italic

Not pick up on social cues and may lack inborn social skills, such as being able to read others' body language, start or maintain a conversation, and take turns talking.- Yes i am unable to understand social cues was always made fun of, mocked, teased, harassed and my parents had the same problem. But now i fairly do better since i keep a tab on whats happening and sit very silently in social situation

Dislike any changes in routines.- yes i would prefer the same routine but monotony makes me bored i would prefer to go on hitchiking once a week

Appear to lack empathy- i rarely share my feelings, i am unable to express myself

Be unable to recognize subtle differences in speech tone, pitch, and accent that alter the meaning of others’ speech. So your child may not understand a joke or may take a sarcastic comment literally. - yes I am very sensitive and like my parents i take joke seriously and feel hurt easily

Have a formal style of speaking that is advanced for his or her age. For example, the child may use the word "beckon" instead of "call" or the word "return" instead of "come back."- not sure here

Avoid eye contact or stare at others.- sure 100%

Have unusual facial expressions or postures.- dont know

Be preoccupied with only one or few interests, which he or she may be very knowledgeable about. Many children with Asperger's syndrome are overly interested in parts of a whole or in unusual activities, such as designing houses, drawing highly detailed scenes, or studying astronomy. They may show an unusual interest in certain topics such as snakes, names of stars, or dinosaurs. - yes i am pre occupied with spirituality, tarot, occult

Talk a lot, usually about a favorite subject. One-sided conversations are common. Internal thoughts are often verbalized.- yes i write a lot about tarot...no one to talk with

Have delayed motor development. Your child may be late in learning to use a fork or spoon, ride a bike, or catch a ball. He or she may have an awkward walk. Handwriting is often poor.- i have lovely handwriting, i am a quick learner but found it difficult to ride two wheeler on road.
eventually quit driving.

Have heightened sensitivity and become overstimulated by loud noises, lights, or strong tastes or textures. For more information about these symptoms, see sensory integration dysfunction.- ya cant handle loud noise.........other things fine

[i]

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 8:23 am

i joined the indian site but technical problems are preventing me from logging in :x

Jhomes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Feb 2012, 9:22 am

Dhawal wrote:
Lady-ivy wrote:
Am trying to think of a way to describe the Hindi characters to English letter system. You know you spell mango with 5 letters in English you take the m and a and n and g and o put them together you get mango .but I think in mango in Hindi correct me if worng( i sound so bad describing this. you write an image like character writing to make the word mango.

Example -

Quote:
Hindi = हिन्दी

h = ह
i = ि
hi = हि

n = न
d = द
i = ी
ndi = न्दी

Quote:
dhaval = धवल

dha = ध
va = व
l = ल

hindi teacher online. :!: hope Lady-ivy learn hindi as soon as possible!

Jhomes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Feb 2012, 9:30 am

namaste wrote:
Dhawal wrote:
So what do you think? Do you feel you're an aspie, or not, or confused :)?

i think i am aspie

and I'm proud to be an aspie except sometimes :!:
we've tough life i know but we are something different that i like things about aspergers..

now your account is activated...let me know whether you can login or not...

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 10:15 am

namaste wrote:

Friendless most of my relationships were over and i would end up hurt and depressed
I started researching on mental diseases at this point of time since my parents and relatives exhibit mental symptoms
My father was a alcoholic very abusive and mother is narcissistic and brother also.

I did lot of soul searching and one day i found across information about asperger the symptoms matched. I have taken the symptoms from a website and my reply is in Italic

Not pick up on social cues and may lack inborn social skills, such as being able to read others' body language, start or maintain a conversation, and take turns talking.- Yes i am unable to understand social cues was always made fun of, mocked, teased, harassed and my parents had the same problem. But now i fairly do better since i keep a tab on whats happening and sit very silently in social situation

Dislike any changes in routines.- yes i would prefer the same routine but monotony makes me bored i would prefer to go on hitchiking once a week

Appear to lack empathy- i rarely share my feelings, i am unable to express myself

Be unable to recognize subtle differences in speech tone, pitch, and accent that alter the meaning of others’ speech. So your child may not understand a joke or may take a sarcastic comment literally. - yes I am very sensitive and like my parents i take joke seriously and feel hurt easily

Have a formal style of speaking that is advanced for his or her age. For example, the child may use the word "beckon" instead of "call" or the word "return" instead of "come back."- not sure here

Be preoccupied with only one or few interests, which he or she may be very knowledgeable about. Many children with Asperger's syndrome are overly interested in parts of a whole or in unusual activities, such as designing houses, drawing highly detailed scenes, or studying astronomy. They may show an unusual interest in certain topics such as snakes, names of stars, or dinosaurs. - yes i am pre occupied with spirituality, tarot, occult

Talk a lot, usually about a favorite subject. One-sided conversations are common. Internal thoughts are often verbalized.- yes i write a lot about tarot...no one to talk with

Have delayed motor development. Your child may be late in learning to use a fork or spoon, ride a bike, or catch a ball. He or she may have an awkward walk. Handwriting is often poor.- i have lovely handwriting, i am a quick learner but found it difficult to ride two wheeler on road.
eventually quit driving.

Have heightened sensitivity and become overstimulated by loud noises, lights, or strong tastes or textures. For more information about these symptoms, see sensory integration dysfunction.- ya cant handle loud noise.........other things fine

Thanks for sharing :).

How do NTs do that?

Last edited by Dhawal on 03 Feb 2012, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 10:17 am

Jhomes wrote:

No no, I was just clearing a confusion. Lady ivy thought that hindi is like chinese-japanese, where they have sign letters instead of alphabets.

How do NTs do that?

Jhomes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Feb 2012, 11:25 am

Dhawal wrote:
Jhomes wrote:

No no, I was just clearing a confusion. Lady ivy thought that hindi is like chinese-japanese, where they have sign letters instead of alphabets.

oh yeah...my bad...i just read hindi alphabets in post!

do you know how to write in hindi/gujarati in powerpoint??

I've installed hindi font but unable to write in hindi even i selected hindi font..don't know what my fault?

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2012, 12:54 pm

Dhawal wrote:
Lady-ivy wrote:
I thought becouse maybe becouse are known for there food and finance business . I thought they cater to tourist too. I. Find if people look a landmarks and attractions of a city especial new York city they see attractions of like the statue of liberty, never really the other unattractions that the locals only really go too. When tourist who go to new york city
They go to tourist attractions and most popular main places there. But the tourist never go to the nicks and crannys places in new York city were the local are.

If I was to get the book or learn from site. I would see it as introduction thing before I can if am lucky find a class. Am trying to think of a way to describe the Hindi characters to English letter system. You know you spell mango with 5 letters in English you take the m and a and n and g and o put them together you get mango .but I think in mango in Hindi correct me if worng( i sound so bad describing this. you write an image like character writing to make the word mango.

Am thinking about adding the autism related questions we made or we can make more too to this thread and the other sites we are on. And I think you saw the driving question on the Indian Aspie site, am going start adding more releated autism questions to it. Possible once a week. I think it may time to put the questions we made on this site and others. I know our members are low. But think it is time. What do you think Dhawal. Am going to ask Jhomes on what he thinks about it.

awwwwwwwww I feel so loved :D :heart: now am getting emotional. :bounce:

That's just what I was thinking. Pictures of a city on google images don't give you a real idea of what the city and the people are like.

I think you are comparing hindi to japanese and chinese. Indian languages are just like European languages. They are made up of letters, not signs. The letters are very different from European letters, so they might look like signs. I'll explain in a new post.

I was also thinking that we should put up the questionnaire now. On this thread and also on other sites. I'll compile the questions and pm you.

snice am use to the european language writing system by the one by one letters to make word this will make hindi easier to learn and understand now. once i tired learning to read japenses but find i found it too hard to learn becouse use of a character to meant a word.

i will look for hindi alphabet chart. :D

i really thought your city was real tourist place. i fooled by google image like many people. :roll:

am glad you think so too. i will be looking for them. and i was also thinking about bringing to the couse on what is in the news about autism and new studies about it too in the part side too. and we can have decisions about them. what do you think about that.

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2012, 1:00 pm

namaste wrote:
Lady-ivy wrote:

eventually quit driving.

[i]

i think you might be very well to be somewere on the autism spectrum. :cheers:. You are defiantly one of us. Welcome to the family. It nice hearing your story :D .

Last edited by Lady-ivy on 03 Feb 2012, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2012, 7:07 pm

Dhawal wrote:
Lady-ivy wrote:

Example -

Quote:
Hindi = हिन्दी

h = ह
i = ि
hi = हि

n = न
d = द
i = ी
ndi = न्दी

Quote:
dhaval = धवल

dha = ध
va = व
l = ल

This is pertty easy to understand I did not relies how easy reading Hindi is. If I study the Hindi alphabet for some time I will remember the alphabet and I will able to communicate to you guys in Hindi but understand this will is not my first language so i will be slow at first to read your post in Hindi as I have to read letter by letter to read your post in Hindi. but way why is both i letters different, or dha and va one letter. ?
Here is a toast to progress :cheers:

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2012, 11:38 pm

i hope so too Jignesh :D

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 7:00 am

Lady-ivy wrote:
snice am use to the european language writing system by the one by one letters to make word this will make hindi easier to learn and understand now. once i tired learning to read japenses but find i found it too hard to learn becouse use of a character to meant a word.

i really thought your city was real tourist place. i fooled by google image like many people. :roll:

am glad you think so too. i will be looking for them. and i was also thinking about bringing to the couse on what is in the news about autism and new studies about it too in the part side too. and we can have decisions about them. what do you think about that.

Hindi alphabets - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devanagari - look under Vowels and Consonents.

News and studies is a good idea, but I think I will stick to news and studies about aspergers, rather than autism in general. Need your feedback on that.
Lady-ivy wrote:
This is pertty easy to understand I did not relies how easy reading Hindi is. If I study the Hindi alphabet for some time I will remember the alphabet and I will able to communicate to you guys in Hindi but understand this will is not my first language so i will be slow at first to read your post in Hindi as I have to read letter by letter to read your post in Hindi. but way why is both i letters different, or dha and va one letter. ?

I described it in a very basic and anglo-centric way, so it might seem easy. But like any language, there are more exceptions to the rules (like the i's and dh and v).
Besides, this is just the script. Languages are more complex than writing systems. Not trying to discourage here :). Just saying that learning a language is a long process, consider the different aspects before moving ahead.
To progress :cheers:.

How do NTs do that?

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2012, 7:58 pm

Dhawal wrote:
Lady-ivy wrote:

Hindi alphabets - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devanagari - look under Vowels and Consonents.

News and studies is a good idea, but I think I will stick to news and studies about aspergers, rather than autism in general. Need your feedback on that.
Lady-ivy wrote:

I described it in a very basic and anglo-centric way, so it might seem easy. But like any language, there are more exceptions to the rules (like the i's and dh and v).
Besides, this is just the script. Languages are more complex than writing systems. Not trying to discourage here :). Just saying that learning a language is a long process, consider the different aspects before moving ahead.
To progress :cheers:.

i do not think we would find much for just asperger as we want to post especially if we want the good interesting news and studies for the sites. aspergers is part of the auitsm spetrum. when you look up autism in news and studies. it usually inculdes aspergers in these autism studys. example this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml

thanks the vowels chart has helped me alot. before you showed me the site . the good news was i learned the a or
-
a vowels

i remember them i would to write the letters in hindi to you but i dont know to change my english type.
i understand why you gave me the basic list becouse when i looked at site i was :hmph: it was english but it was meant for mom who are native speckers trying to teach their kids the basics. so it did not expain way characters are like this. but i found this site has helped. what do you think of it http://www.lingvozone.com/languages/Lan ... tion24.htm
but i think a classroom setting or a teacher is better but the sites are helping too.
this is so looks so new to me but i am willing to take the chellage. am learning little by little about hindi a day, so i am fast learner. so you can tell jignesh am making progress. he will be happy about it.